Alfheim Challenge Guide

cra

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I like how you dont say how many waves are in challenge #12 or give any tips on how to complete it. Its the hardest challenge in the game to many people you should at least give some tips to help the people like me out, isnt that why you make guides?

• 2 weeks later...
I like how you dont say how many waves are in challenge #12 or give any tips on how to complete it. Its the hardest challenge in the game to many people you should at least give some tips to help the people like me out, isnt that why you make guides?

I've got to second this sentiment. I've went all over this site and others and the only advice I can get is "Do it." No discussion about what accessories or weapons to use, best combos, or what have you. Just "do it" like it were a fucking Nike ad.

i never said anywhere "do it" so don't go ranting in MY thread about how other users behave. you've got a problem with them, report to the admins.

concerning that the guide is incomplete, yep thats right and i feel a little sorry, but with having a job some things are not the first priority.

anyway has anyone even considered to check youtube for it? i found this vid without much effort...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFsR03jpYJ0]YouTube- Bayonetta - Alfheim Challenge Location No.12 "Use Torture Attack" ☆ PURE PLATINUM ☆[/ame]

• 4 weeks later...

One useful thing I noticed is that you can swap weapons and accessories even while a challenge is underway. For example, on Alfheim 12 I used the Gaze of Despair only so long as I needed to get 5 torture attacks, then swapped it out so the remainning opponents wouldn't be turbo-charged.

• 1 month later...
Is there an easier way to do the stay in the air alfheims?

I've got a kulshedra and for the last hour I've been beating my head on the wall because I can usually grab 1 or 2 enemies then she'll do that retarded gun thing where she jumps on the ground. I haven't even been able to get the timer under 10 seconds. What am I doing wrong here :/

Edit: ok, i finished it by just jumping on their heads and when I got high enough, I just used a pistol to keep me in the air. Seriously, I have no idea how people are able to consistently use the whip for this one. She keeps hitting the ground and doing that gun move.

I kept wondering why she kept doing that, and then I unequipped the immortal marionette, and everything was then peachy. That pistol, btw, was it the bazillions? I tried that once but couldn't do it, they kept moving.

Great guide, its proving very helpful so far.

One question, is there a way of tracking which of the challenges I have done? I am just going through the game in Chapter order, but it would be good to see a list just in case I have missed one.

Also, do they NOT appear in the chapter once you have completed it?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

immortal marionette can be used in many challenges for quick completion. even with limited punches and kicks...

Limited kicks/punches... Gaze of despair, immortal marionette, and durga on hands and feet.

Witch time disabled, Use witch time, defeat enemies... all easily done with the marionette, also with angel arms - just be quick to grab the weapons ;)

For wicked weaves... use pillow talk. All charged attacks with pillow talk are wicked weaves and you can use dodge-offset while you charge it.

When doing an out of body challenge, equip gaze of despair with the immortal marionette. Enemies will follow you away from your body.

Fighting any fiery enemies requires the use of durga unless you want to take damage every time you attack outside of witch time.

These methods may of course be considered cheap by some people, but after beating inf. climax mode - you've earned it. :) Happy achievement hunting all.