Easy way to get through Veteran Difficulty.

Phen0meenal

This is most likely the easiest COD yet all because of the custom loadout system.

If any of you are struggling with veteran, this is an easy way to get through it.

First, you should complete the campaign on any difficulty. This will give you access to guns such as the "Storm PSR" which can shoot through any material and will show enemies through any walls at any range.

You should use a gun with Target Finder + Grip on it, i used this loadout perfectly.

Primary Weapon: AN-94 /w Grip, Target Finder and Fast Mag

The AN94 deals alot of damage and with grip + target finder it is an absolute monster.

Secondary Weapon: Storm PSR / No attachments available

Any grenades.

Perks: Access Kit, Longer sprint and Fast Hands

Access Kit can be very useful at times.

Longer Sprint can be useful when you're trying to run away from an enemy or when you screw things up and you want to get out of there. It has some uses but you should trade it out for Ammo Pickup if you have that. (i don't)

Fast Hands is useful for when you want to switch weapons quickly. There are times when you're using the storm at long-range and some guy sneaks up on you. It allows you to switch weapons almost instantly.

This made levels such as "Old Wounds" "Time and Fate" and some others very easy.

I hope this helps you out, and i might have had some spelling/grammar errors which i will correct later.

EDIT: Also, how do i update my gamercard?

Edited by Phen0meenal

Aww, come on guys, this is only his 7th post in total for two years..

Play nice :p

Nice tips though. I'll use them for my Veteran run~

Been lurking for a while, never really post.

Don't know who asked for the "easy walkthrough" for Veteran, I haven't seen a single post with anyone having trouble with anything other than something being confusing because the game is a bit unclear on what to do.

Some people IRL seems to be having problems getting through the campaign on veteran. I thought i'd write this up, and 1 hour later i find out people actually found the campaign to be terribly easy.

(not that i thought it was hard) Let's hope they keep the custom loadout system for future games.

...My friends suck.

I'll admit... I wasn't gonna bother with veteran this time around as 3arc happens to make them absolutely ridiculous (ei: waw's 50 grenade spam in 2 secs, enemies shooting you in the head in a sec while you are behind cover... etc) but after reading the tips up top i decided to give it a go. Holy hell, MW3 veteran was a lot harder than this lol. I am more than half way done and I have only died 3 times (2 missions only) so I have gotten the 100% survivability challenge done on veteran. Which is quite shocking to me lol. I am not the best player out there by any means. I do however, take extra precautions. Like... Clearing the way from the far back and letting my team mates go first.

I am running the same setup as Phen except for my perks I have:

Grenades: Semtex with emp for future missions and concussion for past

Perks: Access Kit, Quick draw and ammo pickup (with the An94 you run out of ammo like crazy, with my defensive play so I need the ammo pickup plus its like having unlimited grenades!).

Hmm, maybe I am just a little rusty or something. I had no problem re-doing MW3 recently on veteran, but maybe it is just my bad luck or something. My campaign checkpoint was at a spot where you are riding the horses, and need to take out the 2 helicopters. Well, it gave me the checkpoint AS a helicopter is shooting me. Spawn, die, spawn, die, repeat.

Haven't played campaign since. I will for sure play through on recruit just to get all the guns, because it sounds like fun to have those weapons on these early missions :)

Thanks for the info.

i usually run the galil or hamr as they have higher clip sizes.

hamr with ext mags, silencer and laser sight. this lmg stabalises the longer you shoot so accuracy at range isnt a problem

secondary usually swaps between shotgun, sniper or smg (high clip size) to compliment close quaters or long range combat.

perks usually use access kit, stock (faster strafing perk), toughness.

But wait, if I do the game on recruit, doesn't that make me have to restart the game on veteran to get the veteran achievement, thus making me lose every gun I unlocked?

Maybe you have to do this through mission select? Anybody can clarify? And I just re-do the missions I did on recruit on vet?

Seems easy enough, might as well try anyways.

You don't need any of that, the campaign is a piece of piss on vet. Even easier than mw3. I never managed the original BO on vet, but I waltzed thru BO2.

BO Hard?

No CoD I have consider hard (Except Mile High Club). And this one is easier than MW3?... Huh, maybe even the higher difficulties are getting easier.

Still any sports game on Novice kicks my ass -_-