Xbox Live Rewards question

CrossFireZX5

I've been signed up on XBLR since about May of last year. I've been on XBL since 2008, and at the time of me signing up to Rewards, I already had a netflix account.

My question is twofold. 1- Is there any way for me to redeem the free 100 points for activating netflix without needing to create another account?

and 2- Whats the deal with the 'receive 100 points for your first marketplace purchase'? Is it the first purchase made through the Xbox.com Marketplace? The first purchase made with the Xbox Gold account or First purchase after joining rewards? so confused on this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Not too sure about how they work with the whole "first purchase" since most people have done stuff before signing up for XBLR.

The "first purchase" didn't count for me after signing up for XBLR, but back in June I let my gold run out and re-bought gold in July, and I got 300MSP for both renewing and for "Purchased or Renewed 1st Xbox LIVE Online Gold" even though I had been a gold member for 3 years prior.

If you made a purchase off the marketplace before joining the rewards program you are out of luck. Same thing happened to me :(

Same goes with Netflix.

If you activated Netflix before joining, you can't get the 100G.

I was told this by XBOX via their twitter...

I got my 100msp when I made my first purchase after joining XBLR. It was a song for Dance Central, which also happened to qualify me for an additional XBLR offer (I think I ended up with more msp after the purchase than before, once the points were deposited).

I also missed out on the Netflix bonus, as I have been a Netflix member for several years, but only signed up for XBLR in April last year.

I know that if your account has netflix on their after you signed up with XBLR, then you get 100 points in your pending points...If you signed up on netflix before you did XBLR, then no. You will need to do a new account to obtain the points.

This. Pretty sure NetFlicks is going silver now.

I know that if your account has netflix on their after you signed up with XBLR, then you get 100 points in your pending points...If you signed up on netflix before you did XBLR, then no. You will need to do a new account to obtain the points.

Exactly. I've been on Rewards since December 2010 and have gotten 1600 microsoft points to date from everything and I've never gotten any from Netflix or first purchase because I've done both before I joined. Do the monthly surveys is the best thing to do for a quick quarter.