catch finisher achievement

Mattyp

I played as CM Punk (infinite finishers) against Rey Mysterio. I just threw him onto the ring apron (get close to the ropes and irish whip him towards them). After he recovered from his groggy state, he did a springboard into the ring and the OMG prompt appeared. It took a few tries, but I got it relatively easily.

I used HBK with infinite finishers against Mysterio as a CPU in a 1v1 match.

Irish whip Mysterio into the corner, grapple him up onto the top rope and stand back about 4 feet away from the corner. The CPU will jump off the top rope towards you.

Hardest part is timing the Y button down perfectly, but if you miss it, just set him back on the top rope again.

I saw a video guide for it. There was no timing for me, I just irish whipped Shawn Michaels outside, and when he came back up to jump into the ring, I just spammed Y. Literally got it 20 seconds into the match.

This definitely seems to be the most efficient. I'll have to try that out later when I play. Thanks!

Just wanted to add to this by saying I got it repeatedly by using anyone with a Catch Finisher and throw someone can uses Springboard moves (Mysterio, Sin Cara etc) over the top rope but still landing on the apron outside. Stand in the middle of the ring facing them, guaranteed every time they will try to springboard attack in and just press Y.

Haven't managed to get it to work off the top rope yet, although not many AI try to attack me off the top rope either.

has anyone got this? and any tips as to how to get it? many thanks

i have gotten it and the way to get easily is to have infinite finishers like said before but put the vs superstar on the top rope and hit him repeatedly but do this in the beginning so he can reverse one of your hits he will then get ready to jump you will be groggy but it will still appear and once it does hit it on time you should get the achievement

Jericho vs Rey or Sin Cara

Give yourself (Jericho) Unlimited finishers and then when the match starts throw rey or sin over the rope onto the apron then step near the middle of the ring, they will then attempt a jump, and as soon as they are on the apron just spam the Y button so you won't miss.

This works 10/10 times