[GUIDE] BETA Unlockables

neok182

I've notice the beta for a while and I want to get it, how how can I get it and play it too?

Do I go to the marketplace to download it?

Do I have to go buy it from the store?

Or do I have to pre-order it?

I would like to play it and would somebody give me the info on how to get it.

PLEASE!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've notice the beta for a while and I want to get it, how how can I get it and play it too?

Do I go to the marketplace to download it?

Do I have to go buy it from the store?

Or do I have to pre-order it?

I would like to play it and would somebody give me the info on how to get it.

PLEASE!

Pre order Gears of war 3 from gamestop and they should give you a code if they still have. If not follow epic employees on Twitter they give out codes occasionally. If that fails buy a brand new Bulletstorm Epic Edition you can still get in that way as long as the code is inside.

I've only been playing for a few days and I'm almost at 90 matches played. I hope so much that a lot of the stuff will transfer to retail and you won't need to reacquire/unlock all the stuff that's not beta exclusive, but deep down I know that little to none of it will transfer.

Retro kills aren't as hard as I had imagined, I had unlocked the execution for all the other weapons so I decided to start using the retro lancer about 10 matches before the gold skin unlocked.

I have a question that isn't really relevant in this thread, but what's the hammer of dawn? Is it not in the beta? I have used every other weapon but haven't used that one. If it is in the beta, anyone mind telling me where I can find it? Thanks

Unlocking golden retro lancer in retail: 90 matches, and then 100 kills with the retro lancer

Since the 100 kills won't count until 90 matches has been played, can't u just join a public match and then AFK until the 90 matches, win or lose, stats won't carry over....

Unlocking golden retro lancer in retail: 90 matches, and then 100 kills with the retro lancer

Since the 100 kills won't count until 90 matches has been played, can't u just join a public match and then AFK until the 90 matches, win or lose, stats won't carry over....

If you AFK, you will be booted from the match. If you try to go AFK but still move around (aka, not actually playing) and get video taped doing so, you risk a ban and not getting anything to carry over. Best solution? Just play the beta. It's damn good fun! :p

if you want to get banned, go ahead and do that.

Just unlocked the Retro Lancer golden weapon skin. Any suggestions on game types that work well for getting the 100 kills?

All game types... lol

The gun is so OP, that getting those 100 kills was incredibly easy. Retro lancer > all...

(Sigh)

I hope they balance it properly, because it's annoying how every person in GoW3 beta is using this gun only.

Edited by KriugerisLT

All game types... lol

The gun is so OP, that getting those 100 kills was incredibly easy. Retro lancer > all...

(Sigh)

I hope they balance it properly, because it's annoying how every person in GoW3 beta is using this gun only.

I'd say more people are using the Gnasher or Sawed-off Shotgun. However, the Retro Lancer is quite powerful. Now, if people would just stop stealing my kills...

I'd say more people are using the Gnasher or Sawed-off Shotgun. However, the Retro Lancer is quite powerful. Now, if people would just stop stealing my kills...

Ghasher is only effective from close range, while the Retro lancer stops you dead in your tracks from close to mid range. I had a ton of instances where i ran up to a guy with a shotty, he freaked out, started blindfiring everywhere and downed me in a blink... That's cheap bullshit right there.

But enough about this, wrong thread :)

Play KoTH. You can get a ton of kills in that mode. My record is 102 kills in one match of King of the Hill. After that kind of intense war my fingers were hurtin' :D

Sorry if this has been asked before but, I have played 50 matches and unlocked Thrashball Cole, and selected him as my character but when i get into the match he is not my player. Is it because i have to have 70 matches instead or am i just doing something wrong??

It is a weird glitch which resets your character models to default. Just pause in game select Multiplayer and switch it to Cole. Then next game you will be playing as Cole.

Why care? Most dont even unlock in the retail.

Maybe they care for the ones that do.

All game types... lol

(Sigh)

No they don't. Lancers and Hammerbursts are used quite regularly too. I often switch between all three.