Destiny Error Codes And Solutions

WalterWhite

Beagle

The Solution: Delete and then reinstall Destiny. Here's how to do so on each of Destiny's four systems:

PS4:

Select Destiny on the home screen

Press the Options button

Select the Delete option

Reinstall (or re-download) Destiny

PS3:

Find Destiny under the Games section of the XMB

Press the Triangle button

Select the Delete option

Xbox One:

Find Destiny in the My Games and Apps section

Press the Menu button

Select the Uninstall option

Xbox 360:

Go to Settings -> System -> Storage and select the storage device Destiny is installed on

Find Destiny

Select the Delete option

Blackbird/Chipmunk/Lime

The Solution: Try reinstalling Destiny (see instructions above, under error code Beagle). If that doesn't work, you should see if other games are having issues running properly on your system. If they also have problems, try contacting Microsoft or Sony.

Buck/Camel

The Solution: Retry your activity or restart the game. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the game to your console's hard drive (see instructions above, under error code Beagle). If that doesn't work, you should see if other games are having issues running properly on your system. If they also have problems, try contacting Microsoft or Sony.

Bull

The Problem: A different account logged in while you were playing.

The Solution: Restart the game.

Butterfly

The Problem: You can't connect to the game.

The Solution: The PlayStation Network or Xbox Live may be down. Check with Microsoft or Sony to see if that is the case.

Buzzard/Vulture

The Problem: You aren't logged in or don't have Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus, which is required for certain activities.

The Solution: Ensure you're logged in to an account with Xbox Live Gold and PlayStation Plus (or subscribe, if you don't have an existing membership). If you're playing on Xbox 360, an Xbox Live Gold trial will not suffice; you'll need a proper subscription in order to play.

Caribou

The Problem: Parental controls are blocking your access to Destiny.

The Solution: Ensure the parental controls haven't been enabled mistakenly, or have your parent or guardian alter the options on your console to allow you to play. (Alternatively: Obtain a time machine.)

Carp

The Problem: You were kicked back to the login screen.

The Solution: Log back in.

Cat

The Problem: You can't connect to the game.

The Solution: Quit out of the game and ensure your system finishes downloading and installing the latest Destiny update.

Canary

The Problem: A network issue with your console or network hardware.

The Solution: Perform a cold reboot of your console and your networking hardware by doing the following:

Exit Destiny and shut down your console.

Once your console is fully shut down, unplug the power supply from the console for at least 30 seconds.

Unplug the hardware in your networking setup and leave it unplugged for at least 30 seconds.

Start to turn on your networking hardware, starting with the modem, and working your way out to additional hardware.

Plug in and turn on your gaming console and launch Destiny.

Attempt to reconnect and play Destiny.

Caterpillar/Chicken/Chimpanzee

The Solution: Try starting the activity again or restarting the game. If you continue to receive the error code, Bungie may be working on Destiny's servers. Find out on its website or Twitter account.

Catfish

The Problem: You haven't accepted the End User License Agreement, or EULA, the long, legalese-laden document you typically need to pretend to read and agree to before playing a game or installing software.

The Solution: Accept the EULA.

Cattle

The Solution: Retry what you were doing, and ensure you're logged into your account. If this doesn't work, restart the game. Should you continue to receive the error code, Bungie may be working on Destiny's servers. Find out on its website or Twitter account.

Centipede

The Problem: Seemingly the most common of error codes, you're prevented from playing due to some kind of NAT issue.

The Solution: If retrying the activity in question doesn't work, run through Destiny's network troubleshooting guide. In short, you'll want to open the following ports:

7500-17899 (TCP) - Outbound

30000-40399 (TCP) - Outbound

35000-35099 (UDP) - Inbound and Outbound

3074 (UDP) - Inbound and Outbound

Sony and Microsoft each offer up more details on configuring your Internet connection at their respective websites. If you do all of this and are still receiving the error code, it's possible Bungie's servers are undergoing some work. Find out on its website or Twitter account.

Marionberry

The Problem: Something is wrong with your networking setup.

The Solution: Log out of Destiny, turn off your console, power cycle your modem and router (turn off/unplug them and wait 30 seconds before powering them back on, modem first), and then try logging back into the game. If this still doesn't work, run through the network troubleshooting guide, including the steps listed above under error code Centipede.

Pear

The Problem: Xbox One's party functionality isn't working properly.

The Solution: Restart your system (be sure to hold down the power button for several seconds in order to fully shut it down).

Pelican

The Problem: Parental controls are blocking your access to user-created content.

The Solution: Modify the appropriate parental controls to provide you with access to user-created content. Also consider making a thread on Bungie's forums explaining how you got the error, as the company says no one should be seeing this.

Penguin

The Problem: Voice chat isn't working on PlayStation 3 or 4 due to parental control options.

The Solution: Modify your parental control options. Instructions for changing them are available here.

Stingray

The Problem: You're not logged into your Xbox Live or PlayStation Network account.

The Solution: Log into your Xbox Live or PlayStation Network account. If you are logged into your account, check with Sony or Microsoft to see if your console's respective online service is online.

Urchin

The Problem: You may have been banned or otherwise had a restriction placed on your account.

The Solution: Try a different activity and check out Bungie's page covering restrictions and bans.

---

A variety of other error codes exist, including Elephant, Flatworm and Goat. Bungie describes these as "general networking error" and is working to resolve them. If any of these error code persists, run through the network troubleshooting guide, including the steps listed above under error code Centipede.

---

Bungie Support Site

Edited by WalterWhite

Yeah I did some searching on the bungie forums and found out canary is directly related to virgin media ISP if you have a superhub 2 like myself, in which case I'm fucked?

I'm with Virgin too and I keep getting 'Canary' as well...

Edit: Someone posted a fix by changing it to 50MBPS online, I tried it and got a centipede error?

I'm with Virgin too and I keep getting 'Canary' as well...

Edit: Someone posted a fix by changing it to 50MBPS online, I tried it and got a centipede error?

The fix worked for me! This was what I found on the bungie forums:

Go to your xbox 1 network settings and establish which of the two networks you're on. (either the 5ghz or the 2.4 one)

The go to your PC browser and login to your router settings 192.168.0.1 (password by default is change)

Go to advanced settings

then select Wireless radio

you'll then see three speed options for each bandwidth, the 2.4ghz and the 5ghz. My xbox one was on the 5ghx channel with the speed set to 450mbs, I selected the 54mbs option and applied and saved.

Been playing for almost 3 hours without interruptions now, though I am suppose to lose access to the game sometime soon because I was issued a refund, so I guess I'll repurchase the game afterwards providing there are no more error codes. Not had centipede yet myself..

Yesterday I was getting error code "Bee" every 45 mins or so and kept removing me from game world. First error code I'd ever gotten besides the initial server problems for everyone at midnight when it launched. All I did was hard rest my xbone and power cycled my modem and router and it worked fine after that. I got 2 back to back centipede errors earlier but I just logged back in, didn't reset anything and its been fine since. WTF Bungie? I've always had a perfect connection, open NAT type etc. What's the deal?

Since the game was released I've had one or two disconnections, but yesterday I had bee, baboon and lion constantly and when they began to subside centipede decided to make an appearance. It was like Noah's fucking ark.

NAT is open and all ports are forwarded. I don't know what they're tweaking at Bungie but I wish they'd stop it!

so people are doing the suggested nat type settings changes, the reinstall of the game, the manual configured address on xbox one and it is not helping or causing other codes to appear? Sometimes i cant even launch to a planet without getting kicked, others i cant stay in a match more than 10 minutes. The other day it worked fine for hours. This is all an underlying issue with the servers, not our connection, settings or anything else. They really need to get it sorted as i cant even play the game at the moment.

• 3 years later...