Refund

OK , so my GF has " surprised " me with the Aliens CE for my birthday on 28 Feb .

Now having read the reviews and heard off my friends beforehand that this game is a stinker , I have decided to take it back ( mercifully both shrink wrapped and proof of purchase intact ) .

Just wondering off folk who have played it , if I am reacting to a knee jerk conclusion or indeed to go ahead and get a refund .

Keep in mind my GF has also bought me Tomb Raider CE , which is due in next few days :)

Thanks for any info/input .

Personally I would keep it.

It's not a mind blowing Collector's Edition but the packing is decent, the file has some interesting things like patches,blueprints etc and the statue is actually quite detailed.

I'm a sucker for these though, however I got mine for half price as EBGames just wanted to get rid of their stock.

The game is pretty shocking but once you get past how bad the graphics and physics are, you actually start having a bit of fun. Co-Op is a blast and some of the MP is fun, kinda reminds me of L4D a bit.

Hope that helps :)

Edited by sKiTz

Return it and buy one of the many other great games that are coming out this fall. You can always rent or buy it again when it is cheap in 2 months. Tomb Raider will be taking up a lot of your time starting Tuesday so you won't even want to play it (even though you will probably finish it in a day). Bioshock, Army of Two, Walking Dead (although this will probably suck too), Gears of War, and Defiance are all coming out and will all be leaps and bounds better than this game.

I also got the CE of Colonial Marines and I regret it. Yes the statue is cool but it's not worth an extra $40. The files are as lame as the plot of the game. Don't make the same mistake I did and return it while you can!

When I saw this topic, I assumed it would be someone who was wanting to demand a refund from SEGA!

The real question is, are you a fan of the movies? If you are, then there is enough in the game to make it worthwhile. If not, and you're looking at it purely as just another game, take it back.

When I saw this topic, I assumed it would be someone who was wanting to demand a refund from SEGA!

The real question is, are you a fan of the movies? If you are, then there is enough in the game to make it worthwhile. If not, and you're looking at it purely as just another game, take it back.

Thanks for your replies folk , I have returned it to GAME and they were 100% superb in giving me a no quibble refund .

I am indeed a fan of the movies , and the manager of the GAME store even said more or less the same as you - I simply have too many great games in back log , to have mediocre cannon fodder waiting to get played .

I will forget the rather smart CE of Aliens and simply wait for the inevitable cheap second hand influx of normal editions to flood the market ( or my workplace , we have lots of apprentices who sell us oldies their cheap cast offs :)

Thanks all .

ROFL at that price, nobody wants this game in their stores already. As people have said, in space noone can hear you scream for a refund...

Haha , true .

Just at £30 for the CE it is a steal for collectors ( idiots ) like me .

The standard version of the game is £40 at the same chain .

Who knows , it's high expectations and poor reception may just make it infamous in gaming lore - that it becomes ultra collectable in years to come ;) .

Edited by Capt Jawbreaker

£30 is a bargain for the CE. I got my copy free, so luckily didnt have to buy it (although I was going too).

I considered a trading in, but thought Id stick with it. Didnt have any form of reciept so I couldnt return at full price (no not stolen, gift from the industry), and I wouldnt get a lot of money on trade in price.

Its not THAT bad. Its not great. Multiplayer is kinda fun I think.

• 3 weeks later...