PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > The Sports Bar
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #331
punker

punkerhardcore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Yeah, the two non-challenges kinda canceled each other out. I was also surprised when neither manager bothered to try.

Mattingly gets destroyed by fans, but they're the same type of fans that think if a closer blows a game, he should be instantly demoted to AAA-- even if that closer had 64 saves in a row and a 0.00 ERA going into that game. Really, I thought all the moves he made were the right ones that any other manager would have made... but I mean, he can only do so much with what he's got to work with. The players have to perform, too... and they just didn't.

I'd like to see him back, because really I don't think he's bad (and I actually like him much better than I liked Joe Torre), but I don't see him back next year. The big reason being, he was a holdover from the previous owners, and I could see Magic & Co. wanting to bring in their "own guy."

Just please, please beat the Giants. Please.

Your = possessive. As in, "your grammar sucks."
You're = you are. As in, "you're an idiot for not knowing the difference."

Proper capitalization matters. There is a massive difference between, "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse," and, "i helped my uncle jack off a horse."
punker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:05 PM   #332
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by punker View Post
Yeah, the two non-challenges kinda canceled each other out. I was also surprised when neither manager bothered to try.

Mattingly gets destroyed by fans, but they're the same type of fans that think if a closer blows a game, he should be instantly demoted to AAA-- even if that closer had 64 saves in a row and a 0.00 ERA going into that game. Really, I thought all the moves he made were the right ones that any other manager would have made... but I mean, he can only do so much with what he's got to work with. The players have to perform, too... and they just didn't.

I'd like to see him back, because really I don't think he's bad (and I actually like him much better than I liked Joe Torre), but I don't see him back next year. The big reason being, he was a holdover from the previous owners, and I could see Magic & Co. wanting to bring in their "own guy."

Just please, please beat the Giants. Please.
You have no idea how much I want revenge on the Giants.

Unfortunetly I think they are a worse matchup for us then the Nats would have been.

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Awesome pic provided by Dirty130

Quote:
"You looked inside me and saw hatred. That is not victory. Victory would have been a good Dalek." -The Doctor
"I am not a good Dalek. You are a good Dalek." -Rusty
bigbear2face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #333
punker

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Three things will survive a nuclear armageddon-- cockroaches, Twinkies and inexplicable Giants playoff wins.

Proper capitalization matters. There is a massive difference between, "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse," and, "i helped my uncle jack off a horse."
Old 10-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #334
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Three things will survive a nuclear armageddon-- cockroaches, Twinkies and inexplicable Giants playoff wins.
Got another one last night. As a die-hard Giants fan I can admit that was a balk. Too bad the rest of the series will be on FS1. Fox can go fuck themselves I'm not upgrading my cable no matter how stupid you get with the play-off schedule.

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:42 PM   #335
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
Got another one last night. As a die-hard Giants fan I can admit that was a balk. Too bad the rest of the series will be on FS1. Fox can go fuck themselves I'm not upgrading my cable no matter how stupid you get with the play-off schedule.
Getting the balk call probably wouldn't have been enough to help the Cardinals get back in it.

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Quote:
"You looked inside me and saw hatred. That is not victory. Victory would have been a good Dalek." -The Doctor
Old 10-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #336
punker

Fuck the Cards. When you're facing Kershaw you knock him around like an NFL wife... but against SF, you do nothing. Reminded me of this:

Lisa-- Oh it's hopeless. Utterly, utterly hopeless.
Sideshow Bob-- Oh I see. When it's one of *my* schemes you can't foil it fast enough, but when *Cecil* tries to kill you, "it's hopeless, utterly, utterly hopeless."

Old 10-12-2014, 04:35 PM   #337
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Quote:
Fuck the Cards. When you're facing Kershaw you knock him around like an NFL wife... but against SF, you do nothing. Reminded me of this:

Lisa-- Oh it's hopeless. Utterly, utterly hopeless.
Sideshow Bob-- Oh I see. When it's one of *my* schemes you can't foil it fast enough, but when *Cecil* tries to kill you, "it's hopeless, utterly, utterly hopeless."
Yeah...for like 5 seasons lefties not named Kershaw dominate the Cards. It makes no sense.

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Quote:
Old 10-12-2014, 04:48 PM   #338
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Fuck the Cards. When you're facing Kershaw you knock him around like an NFL wife... but against SF, you do nothing.
Too soon bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear2face View Post
Yeah...for like 5 seasons lefties not named Kershaw dominate the Cards. It makes no sense.
To be fair, Bumgarner dominates everyone in the playoffs.

Old 10-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #339
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

I have faith in a game 2 win for the Cards.

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Quote:
Old 10-12-2014, 05:20 PM   #340
datmanydocris

DatManYdocris's Gamercard
I know this is a bit late, but damn.

Second year in the past three that my team has clinched their division title, and still ended up losing in the first round of the playoffs.

I have a feeling when the Nats finally do win the world series, DC is gonna go fucking nuts. (Considering the last time we won was back in the 1920s.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
3.6km long, 1.9km wide, with an elevation of 862M It's only a tad bigger than my ego actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by datmanydocris View Post
Let's just say my backlog is bigger than Kanye West's Dirty's ego.

datmanydocris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #341
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by datmanydocris View Post
I know this is a bit late, but damn.

Second year in the past three that my team has clinched their division title, and still ended up losing in the first round of the playoffs.

I have a feeling when the Nats finally do win the world series, DC is gonna go fucking nuts. (Considering the last time we won was back in the 1920s.)
I'm not convinced that the Nats are as close to being a championship team (NL or WS) as many people think they are.

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Quote:
Old 10-12-2014, 05:53 PM   #342
punker

Who even knows anymore though? This sport is dumb. How many of us had the Royals (probably) becoming AL Champs this year?

Old 10-12-2014, 05:55 PM   #343
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Quote:
Who even knows anymore though? This sport is dumb. How many of us had the Royals (probably) becoming AL Champs this year?
Sports Illustrated 4 years ago. But they've been forward projecting KC success for awhile.

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Quote:
Old 10-12-2014, 10:03 PM   #344
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear2face View Post
I'm not convinced that the Nats are as close to being a championship team (NL or WS) as many people think they are.
New management might be a good start.

Quote:
No one.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:19 PM   #345
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

All 6 runs scored in this game so far are a result of RFers not seeing the ball (though I'm not sure Wong's ball could have been caught).

I'm sick of the MLB scheduling games for TV without any thought to conditions being altered due to weather and sun position.

No excuse for this in STL and SF. Enough playoff games have been played in these ballparks to know exactly what times games should not be scheduled at this time of year.

Now Buck is trying to explain it with the wind keeping HR balls in the park...so why were the OFers 30 feet from where the balls hit? Is the wind really that bad? No. They aren't seeing the balls either.

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Quote:

Last edited by bigbear2face; 10-14-2014 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:10 AM   #346
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

I think its a mistake letting Waino hit here in the 7th. I would think he is on a very short leash from here on. As in, he gets pulled at the next baserunner.

Edit: and I was wrong. And Adams makes a great play to maybe redeem himself from last night.

Double Edit: okay...I was super wrong...Waino should have pitched the 8th.

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Quote:

Last edited by bigbear2face; 10-17-2014 at 02:37 AM.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:06 AM   #347
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Screw double post...

I don't like pitching Wacha here...its been forever since he pitched and he was clearly still shaky from the injury then.

But if it works we have a guy that can work deep into extras...Big gamble.

Big gamble.

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Quote: