M.O.A.B assignment - cruise missile?

fallout frank

So I finished the assignment which unlocked the cruise missile, which I assume is for the bomber, but how do you fire it? I got in the bomber a couple of times but it was still only firing the shitty rockets, anybody know how to use it?

I'm curious how you shot down the bomber? I've hit it with an IGLA but it only does 10% damage, so that's pointless. It goes by so fast I am guessing the only way would be with smart missiles in a jet.

Did you check your options for the different classes like where you go to Recon and activate the SUAV? That would be my guess for the Cruise missile.

I'm curious how you shot down the bomber? I've hit it with an IGLA but it only does 10% damage, so that's pointless. It goes by so fast I am guessing the only way would be with smart missiles in a jet.

Did you check your options for the different classes like where you go to Recon and activate the SUAV? That would be my guess for the Cruise missile.

The MAA rips through the bomber, the jets aren't a bad option if you start your strafing runs as soon as it enters the map.

The MAA rips through the bomber, the jets aren't a bad option if you start your strafing runs as soon as it enters the map.

My jets aren't leveled and I suck at trying to shoot anything down with them.

Excuse my ignorance but which CR maps have MAA and where are they? I've seen them plenty on traditional maps but not on CR maps. I have managed to eek out 5 bomber kills now, after getting 3 in a row. It's much more viable for kills on the One with more flags and targets. I'd like to try for the bomber kill while I am working on 10 more.

So I finished the assignment which unlocked the cruise missile, which I assume is for the bomber, but how do you fire it? I got in the bomber a couple of times but it was still only firing the shitty rockets, anybody know how to use it?

Just watched a youtube on this and apparently you fire the cruise missile from the bomber, which really sucks.

I've got my 15 kills now but still no clue where to find MAA on China Rising maps to shoot down a bomber.

i blew it up by gettin behind the bomber as soon as it entered the field the stealth jets are so crap in bf4 but i used it anyway i was holding left trigger to slow down the whole time. my jet actually crashed into the back of the bomber but i never died haha i was stuck in the back end of this bomber just constantly shooting with the the crappy machine guns and it eventually blew. dont know why i didnt blow up tho dragon pass is full of bugs lol

So the Type 95 AA is definitely the route to go for taking down a bomber. I did it easily on the first try (though no kill for whatever reason) and popped the MOAB assignment. This was on Dragon Pass and I spawned into the 95 AA at the start of the mission.

Have to say though I did not have the same level of success (perhaps my inexperience here) as others have reported taking down aircraft easily. Sure, I could hit them but with reload and the mountains they go behind and guys repairing it was quite hard to actually get a kill. Lots of vehicle damage but that's about it, and you can get easily taken out, particularly by tanks.

So the Type 95 AA is definitely the route to go for taking down a bomber. I did it easily on the first try (though no kill for whatever reason) and popped the MOAB assignment. This was on Dragon Pass and I spawned into the 95 AA at the start of the mission.

Have to say though I did not have the same level of success (perhaps my inexperience here) as others have reported taking down aircraft easily. Sure, I could hit them but with reload and the mountains they go behind and guys repairing it was quite hard to actually get a kill. Lots of vehicle damage but that's about it, and you can get easily taken out, particularly by tanks.

You can't get a kill because there isn't actually a player in the bomber, you only need to get the vehicle destroy. But who and how repairs that bomber lol

The usual go-to tactic for the MAA is to sit near your spawn so you're hard to kill. Once you get the 30MM guns you will start ripping through air targets and the rockets reload very quick compared to jets etc

The usual go-to tactic for the MAA is to sit near your spawn so you're hard to kill. Once you get the 30MM guns you will start ripping through air targets and the rockets reload very quick compared to jets etc

My AA is fully leveled up from using it to kill people and cap flags on Transmission. I'd just never used it on CR maps and for it's primary purpose of AA.

Press :ybut: while in a bomber

I got to try this out for the first time today and really wasn't overly impressed. As you say, you hit Y in the bomber and you get 1 cruise missile shot that you manually guide in.

My first try I got 1 kill. My second try I spotted 3 guys taking a flag and dropped it right on top of them for zero kills. Pretty ridiculous. They were still spotted when it hit so I know they were right in the bomb blast.

• 5 weeks later...

One word.

Hardcore