Anime Suggestion Thread

soullesschest

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta recommend the classics. Naruto, Bleach and One Piece have always been good, even in the parts that were lacking. Naruto does have a shit ton of filler if that's an issue. The other I would no doubt recommend is Fairy Tail. Gorgeous story and events that either have you crying or laughing the entire time.

I gotta recommend the classics. Naruto, Bleach and One Piece have always been good, even in the parts that were lacking. Naruto does have a shit ton of filler if that's an issue. The other I would no doubt recommend is Fairy Tail. Gorgeous story and events that either have you crying or laughing the entire time.

Yeah...let's not overhype very mediocre fairy tail.

Others that haven't been listed:

Toriko

Another

Mirai Nikki

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Black Lagoon

Yu Yu Hakusho

InuYasha

Ao no Exorcist

Baccano!

Durarara!!

Monster

Soul Eater

SKET Dance

Beelzebub

Since you want to branch out, I'm going to go ahead and recommend some series that aren't action-centric.

Chihayafuru

Uchuu Kyoudai

Nichijou

Hanasaku Iroha

Clannad

Toradora!

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

Working!!

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai

Bakemonogatari

Hidamari Sketch

K-ON!

Hyouka

Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai

Kokoro Connect

Mawaru Penguindrum

Steins;Gate

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Anyone have any recommendations for light hearted comedy style anime like Baka to Tesuto to Shōkanjū (Baka and Test) or Seto no Hanayome (My Bride is a Mermaid)? Saw those 2 on Netflix recently and wanted to see if there were any others that were similar/better.

I found "My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong As I Expected" to be decently funny.

I found "My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong As I Expected" to be decently funny.

lol I thought for sure you were going to recommend "Stiens;Jake". Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it soon after I finish Steins;Gate haha.

Also, I haven't watched any Gundam anime in a long time. The last series I watched was Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny. Has there been any more series after those two? Are any of them worth watching?

Also, I haven't watched any Gundam anime in a long time. The last series I watched was Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny. Has there been any more series after those two? Are any of them worth watching?

Those are actually among the worst but if that's the style gundam you're into, check out Gundam 00. Give the 8th MS team a go too, since it's short and it makes for a great entry into the Universal Century timeline. I'm a bit of a Gundam fanatic so just shoot me a message if you want to go more in-depth with it :dance:

Anyone have any recommendations for light hearted comedy style anime like Baka to Tesuto to Shōkanjū (Baka and Test) or Seto no Hanayome (My Bride is a Mermaid)? Saw those 2 on Netflix recently and wanted to see if there were any others that were similar/better.
I just finished a series on Netflix called "Welcome to NHK". Fairly lighthearted and it's only 24 episodes. It drags just a teency bit at times but I'd recommend it :D Edited by Tacticalkilljoy
Avoiding a double post

Great suggestions! I love Sword Art Online, but the second season really isn't that great. I would recommend just watching the first season and stopping there.

I disagree. I thought the second half was better. Also with new episodes coming out, if he were to not watch the ALO part he might get confused.