To Install or Not to Install?

KingGotenW

I've been hearing rumors about some games (halo 3 ) that play the game slower when you install it. My question is if Gears 2 is one of these games.

In my experience, it takes longer for the graphics to load. I haven't necessarily noticed an increase in waiting time. Although I only played the game once or twice before deciding to wait for a patch.

Has anyone noticed an increase or decrease in running speed or graphics? or anything that is different from not installing it?

Also please state whether you would recommend installing it or not.

Well I have installed, and I am not sure about the loading speeds, but the silence is incredible, it is as quiet as my PS3!

Anyway, I did actually notice some issues while playing co-op, but I assume that is to be expected. I think it is certainly worth it if you are going to playing it a lot, especially if you are grinding for Seriously

bungie said that halo shouldn't be installed because it was developed a little before they were told that games could be installed, so in order to make maps load faster they cache them. Now if u install the game, it cant do this, which would actually make the game run slower. U can read up on it at bungie.net. Gears, on the other hand, is a completely different story and it would prob run a little smoother if it was installed

Hello king. I haven't notice any difference installed, textures still load for me onscreen. Gears 2 seems priddy optimized, the older games really benefit installed.

edit: yeah, no noisy disk drive spinning is great

Edited by borsdy

Hello king. I haven't notice any difference installed, textures still load for me onscreen. Gears 2 seems priddy optimized, the older games really benefit installed.

edit: yeah, no noisy disk drive spinning is great

Doesn't install it help the console not heat up so fast? Thus allowing you to play longer?

p.s. Hi Borsdy

Campaign loads quicker, load screens are quicker, the xbox is more silent, it puts out less heat (I checked). It really does help out ALOT. The only downside is if you only have a 20 gb hard drive, as the download is 6.7 or 6.8 gb's and i only have 2.2 gb left to use :p

I downloaded Gears 2 and Orange Box, I'm down to 628mb. This was part of their plan all along... Install to hard drive, get people to buy more hard drives. Genius

I downloaded Gears 2 and Orange Box, I'm down to 628mb. This was part of their plan all along... Install to hard drive, get people to buy more hard drives. Genius

this is why i bought an elite. besides the fact of my previous xbox's death of RROD.

more memory, HDMI cable, sexy black 360 and hard drive... what is there not to love?:woop: