What Is Your Favorite Band?????

311 is my favorite band, with RX BAndits and Stuff like that.But Fuck the gym class heroes, fall out boy and panic at the disco.As you can see i really hate all these stupid emo bands.

those arent even emo bands, theyre pop, and GCH is hip-hop/pop. they do suck though, and so does emo. and most of the bands named here so far. i would kill 311 for their butchering of my favorite Cure song.

anyway, i dont have a favorite band, only genres. but if i named bands you probably wouldnt know them anyway. Hardcore, Grindcore/Death Metal, and decent Hip-Hop is usually what i listen to, in that order.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Fuck the gym class heroes, fall out boy and panic at the disco.As you can see i really hate all these stupid emo bands.

Since when does Pop Punk = Emo? :rolleyes: They simply label themselves emo because shit like that is what preteen girls go nuts over these days.

As for me, my favorite is still, and probably always will be Against Me!. Since everyone else has named a few bands, I will also add in NOFX, Descendents, and Hot Water Music.

They're incredible.

And yeah emo, screamo, "emotional post hardcore pop punk powerpop", it all sucks.

I also hate anything metal, even all the crazy new sub-genres they're coming out with.

As well as the generic rock bands such as Breaking Benjamin and Nickelback.

wait are you sayin emo and scream are alike ??

wait are you sayin emo and scream are alike ??

No, I just don't like either.

R RATED LOVE!!

Hot Water Music is the greatest band of all time I am fucking in love with them.

You have noooo idea.

I've also spent hundreds of hours looking for bands that sound like them and even the best of the 20 or so I found is nowhere near them.

If you haven't heard it, you gotta find "We'll Say Anything We Want" it's a b-side by them and is my favourite song of theirs.

Aaaand Caution is probably my favourite album.

All hail HWM!

As for the emo = pop punk debate, it so doesn't.

Bad Religion, Bouncing Souls, NOFX etc. are pop punk.

Considering I am a huge fan of the first two bands I just mentioned and absolutely detest anything that sounds like Panic at the Disco, you can trust me that they, Fallout Boy and Mariana's Trench are NOT pop punk.

No, I guess they're not emo because "they're not sad" (even though that has nothing to do with it) but they sound like today's emo bands that are sad, so they're emo.

Maybe not as emo, but they have the same shitty vocals and hairdos, they're friggin emo.

To be honest, bands like Elemae and Hot Water Music are real emo, but you haven't been able to call them that in the past 10 years because of all of the new shit coming out.

One question to emo lovers: why does the singer of your favourite band's voice change so much from interview to performance?

Bad Brains

System of a Down

Slipknot

Radiohead

My Chemical Romance

AC/DC

Metallica

Buckethead

Guns 'N Roses

Avenged Sevenfold

The Beatles

Black Sabbath

KISS

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin

Red Hot Chili Pepper

Tool

A Perfect Circle

Nine Inch Nails

Nirvana

Dream Theater

ETC.

Not many people have heard of my favorite Band there called Less Than Jake and their a punk/ska band. I picked their CD up randomly and have ben hooked eversince. I think the main reason is that I always can relate to their music if you grew up during the 90's you should check them out.

Not many people have heard of my favorite Band there called Less Than Jake and their a punk/ska band. I picked their CD up randomly and have ben hooked eversince. I think the main reason is that I always can relate to their music if you grew up during the 90's you should check them out.

HaHaHa! I have heard of Less Than Jake! I graduated HS with the younger brother of Derron Nuhfer. Small world, huh?

They've been around a while. Seen them many times. They even played warped tour last year! :p Their newest album was not very good, but their older stuff (Pezcore, Hello Rockview, etc) never gets old. (If that makes sense)

And I'd have to put "Greased" down as one of my favorite LPs. Brilliant idea, and one of LTJ's earlier records.

Tons of great new bands are coming around

Mae, The Starting Line, Anberlin, The Spill Canvas, Something Corporate ( Jack's Mannequin), Motion City Soundtrack, the list goes on and on..

mostly emo and punk bands....some great stuff

most everything is great tho depending on the mood...it can range from some David Gray and Jeff Buckley to some Rammstein and Slayer...