This game sucks

MetalSonicNL

I am an old skool gamer, i used to play UT99 and Quake 3 alot. But this game, this Quake arena game on Xbox live, it simply sucks. The graphix dont have the expected high definition remake. The price is way too high.

UT3 is a good example how it should be done, Quake arena is the opposite. Despite the quanitity of maps, the overall quality is just not worth the 1200 microsoft points...

Such a shame :(

I am an old skool gamer, i used to play UT99 and Quake 3 alot. But this game, this Quake arena game on Xbox live, it simply sucks. The graphix dont have the expected high definition remake. The price is way too high.

UT3 is a good example how it should be done, Quake arena is the opposite. Despite the quanitity of maps, the overall quality is just not worth the 1200 microsoft points...

I'll definitely agree with you that it should of been 800msp at the most, but although it's not the greatest thing in the world, it is quite enjoyable!

I'll definitely agree with you that it should of been 800msp at the most, but although it's not the greatest thing in the world, it is quite enjoyable!

Thats also my point its the relation with the price that give me an unpleasent feeling. It would be better with 800 microsoft points. Paying 1200 for this feels wrong.

Thats also my point its the relation with the price that give me an unpleasent feeling. It would be better with 800 microsoft points. Paying 1200 for this feels wrong.

Hopefully one day it may come down in price. Unfortunately, in my opinion, there aren't many arcade titles worth 1200msp with the few exceptions.

after playing this for 2 or 3 hours, quake arena is imo easily one of the best arcade games that have been released on xbla. there have been 1200msp titles this year that i really couldn't see being worth the price tag, but not this one.

there are flaws and some missing things, but in all i'm very happy with this...

after playing this for 2 or 3 hours, quake arena is imo easily one of the best arcade games that have been released on xbla. there have been 1200msp titles this year that i really couldn't see being worth the price tag, but not this one.

there are flaws and some missing things, but in all i'm very happy with this...

Couldn't agree more..

Not complete shit. If you like the arena-style Quake games, you'll enjoy this one. Definately worth the investment IMO. Picked up all 3 Arcade Games today xD. I was getting X-Men regardless and then I saw Quake and nearly pissed myself. And then the other one was only 400MSP. Couldn't pass that up. Got just enough left for A World of Keflings next week and I am done with Arcade Games for the year....unless something good comes out on 12/29, THEN I'll be done for the year :p lmao.

Not complete shit. If you like the arena-style Quake games, you'll enjoy this one. Definately worth the investment IMO. Picked up all 3 Arcade Games today xD. I was getting X-Men regardless and then I saw Quake and nearly pissed myself. And then the other one was only 400MSP. Couldn't pass that up. Got just enough left for A World of Keflings next week and I am done with Arcade Games for the year....unless something good comes out on 12/29, THEN I'll be done for the year :p lmao.
Raskulls. If you buy that, Keflings and ilomilo they will unlock content for each other.

That aside I do think the price is steep and I think they are using the XBLA port to help fund the free online web browser version:

http://www.quakelive.com/#!home

Whatever the reason I still bought it because I've been waiting so damn long.

Oh yeah because $15 is to much money for 30+ maps and honestly the graphics are fine. I think you missed the whole point here. The point was let's bring quake 3 to arcade with more maps "slightly" improved graphics and a slightly redone SP experience. All bundled together for $15. Edited by GILLHUHN

• 8 months later...