How often should you release pawns?

Azrael008uk

So if you hire the Pawn of someone who's on your Friend's List you get their services for FREE.

At level 9 I hired my buddies level 24 pawn and I just realised now I'm level 19 and she's still a level 24 pawn.

If I release her, I should be able to re-hire her at her latest higher level shouldn't I?

Az

I basically did what Stuart does. I hire 2 level pawns about 4-5 levels above me, and use them until I reach the same level. (If I get back to town after a long quest or two, and I'm 1-2 levels behind them, I usually go ahead and trade them in for new ones).

@Azrael - That's correct. As long as you have your friends pawn under contract, they will not update levels or gear. As soon as you dismiss them and search for them again, you will be shown their new level and gear, and since its your friend's pawn you can rehire them at their new level for free.

I'm in the same boat as Thrawn. My Pawn is popular enough that I can usually afford two ~10K Pawns of a significantly higher level. I hire them about 20 levels above me and keep them for a good while. When I finally release them, I send some hefty gifts as thanks.