Can i play coop with a friend on the same console?

BIGbivvie

• 2 weeks later...

No, in order to make this works, you need to do system link up to 4 players.

In green highlighted, it said co-op 2-4. Now you will see next to it, it says system link 2-4. It doesnt mean splitscreen, it meant system link.

If your friend has an xbox then have him bring his xbox over and set up with two tvs next to each other. All he need is Dead Island copy if he doesnt have one.

• 1 month later...
No, in order to make this works, you need to do system link up to 4 players.

In green highlighted, it said co-op 2-4. Now you will see next to it, it says system link 2-4. It doesnt mean splitscreen, it meant system link.

If your friend has an xbox then have him bring his xbox over and set up with two tvs next to each other. All he need is Dead Island copy if he doesnt have one.

Well, it does say Players 1, Co-op 2-4, and System Link 2-4, all for offline Xbox 360. So according to the box you "should" be able to play split-screen, as well as System Link with other Xboxes... so I'm a little pissed off as my g/f bought this so we could play together. Now its going back! F this game.

@ above me:

That's childish, a 2nd TV+Xbox+Game+cable wouldn't hurt the bank account much.

I play with a buddy (who has no i-net) on 2 TVs+2 xboxes @ router Black Ops online, and it's more gun then over headset.

Yea, I'm going to go buy a 2nd TV, a 2nd xbox, and a 2nd copy of the game, so my g/f can play co-op with me. Wow, you're dumb. Lol

That means LAN,

If you know how to work LAN then yes you can.

In the future any game that says Players 2-4 in offline section means split screen co-op.

Not true, look at the game Rage. It clearly states co-op 2-4 for xbox 360 console, and split-screen works no problem there.

• 5 weeks later...
Well, it does say Players 1, Co-op 2-4, and System Link 2-4, all for offline Xbox 360. So according to the box you "should" be able to play split-screen, as well as System Link with other Xboxes... so I'm a little pissed off as my g/f bought this so we could play together. Now its going back! F this game.

This pissed me off too. I bought it thinking I could play split screen with my son, but it won't let you. I always look at the back of games before I buy them to make sure they say "co-op" in green.

This was labled wrong or missleading, either way it sucks ass....

• 3 weeks later...
Firstly you can just look on the back of the game.

Second it does say you can do 2-4 player on the same xbox. Just not sure how.

It's not possible to do it, they have just mislabelled the box, so telling him to look there is redundant. =| It is very unclear, but to confirm; you absolutely cannot play co-op with only one console. There's no split screen. Disappointing.

@ above me:

That's childish, a 2nd TV+Xbox+Game+cable wouldn't hurt the bank account much.

I play with a buddy (who has no i-net) on 2 TVs+2 xboxes @ router Black Ops online, and it's more gun then over headset.

From this post I assume:

You are single with no children.

Live with your (well off) parents.

Pay no bills or rent etc.

either that or you are in an extremely well paid job where forking out £500 is normal to play a game with someone in the same house.

I wont lie, I have a system link set up, but only because I wanted one. If the box says you shouldnt need one then its quite right to be pissed off!