C'mon, it's not THAT bad.

iTravesty

When you really sit down and give this game a chance, there are some respectable qualities to the game, despite it being Original Xbox quality. Sure, it has poor graphics and sluggish gameplay, but it's definitely not the worst game I've ever played, you know?

The fact that you only ever start out with a rifle and pistol is kind of irritating, but the occasions when you get the assault rifle/shotgun/giant mortar launcher were rather fun imo.

The voice acting isn't terrible and the score is actually quite relevant. Audio-wise, it's pretty good. Except the melee thud. Terrible.

And as far as how fluid it is.. Well, it plays like a computer game on a normal household computer. Good, okay, and glitchy at times, but in the end, acceptable.

So come on guys, don't give this game too bad a rep. I'm sure the producers worked really hard on it and are probably very proud of it. For their first go at an Xbox 360 game, I'd give them a C. So for anyone looking to buy, rent, or borrow this game, give it a chance. It's not as bad as everyone seems to think.

Totally with you guys, no where near the worst game ever.

I think you'll find those that say it is are MW2 fanboys. Ahh thats the problem with the younger generation, so spoiled, they have never played an apple IIe, atari 2600 or commodore 64 and therefore believe its their right to have such high quality games.

They just don't appreciate the simple things, like just enjoying a game for being unique, or the fact that it was written by some backyard Devs.

• 2 weeks later...

thats all nice and good. but the game wasnt very good in any sense to me, except for the end when your storming a coliseum or something. Then it was pretty good. But what really got under my skin was the damn civil war areas. ughh. Thank god i got my 1g and bolted lol. But i do give the developers credit, hell, i couldnt do it.

This game was heavily flawed and poorly created. Graphics were subpar and the storyline was ridiculous. I mean they send you back in time, tell you change history, but to be inconspicuous about it, but then they have you running around with a sighted SO-COM weapon while all the other soldiers are using muskets and bolt-action weapons. Completely absurd-

• 2 weeks later...

It's good to hear that some people actually enjoyed this game, but I would have to say it IS that bad. Pretty much every enemy has the same face, the voice acting (especially the parts in Russian/German) sucked, there are invisible wall all over the place and the check point system was designed by someone with sever brain damage.

Oh, and I am by no means a MW2 fanboy and actually owned a Commodore 64 myself (Gateway to Asp rules by the way). And if they expect 60 dollars from a consumer (thank god for Gamefly) we have every right to expect a certain level of quality. I would pay no amount of money to own this game.

Edited by Wrinklefighter

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I picked it up on the Games on Demand section, strictly because it isn't a kids game and it's an easy 1000.

I only managed to do about 7 missions thus far... strictly WWI & Civil War. My gripes with the game are -- I have no idea what i'm doing. All the enemies look the same from your AI teammates... in the last Civil War mission I did, I got tired of sitting there with the constant respawning enemies, so I just ran from checkpoint to checkpoint.

It has some redeeming aspects.. but.. they get outweighed by the crappy gameplay.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
When you really sit down and give this game a chance, there are some respectable qualities to the game...

This GAME is a travesty. for f*cks sakes, I don't know what game you are playing, but I just got my 1000 in it and cannot wait to send it back to Gamefly. Worst game of the 360 generation easily....and I have played many MANY dogs.

• 1 month later...

This needed more polish before it went out. Things like enemies hiding inside trees for invulnerable cover, chasers not triggering on command, and enemies that sometimes seem to just plain old not get hit by my point blank shots really got me POed.

It's a shame, as I kinda liked the premise and would have liked to have seen a sequel that fixed all the flaws.

• 1 year later...
C'mon, it is that bad. This thread is like looking at a turd. You might be able to find a few redeemable or interesting qualities, but at the end of the day you still spent far too much time analyzing fecal matter. hahaha

lmao, thats pretty much the case.

• 2 years later...

I didn't think it was that terrible tbh. Sure, the graphics were rough, waypoints limited, and invisible walls a bit annoying, there were quite a few novel ideas in here I thought. The 'important' characters that you weren't supposed to kill was something I haven't seen before, and very few games implement a secret level. The story was fleshed out in pretty good detail for a shooter, plus it was a plot that hasn't been done to death in other games.

• 2 years later...

I found getting through this game somewhat painful, but that may be because I went right on for the 'With Chest Hair' difficulty. No point in playing a terrible game twice. I will give the game some credit for a unique concept. Few other non-dormant franchises have tried their hand at time-hopping and placing you at important battles in history. Sad thing is the game left off for an incredibly-obvious sequel hook that never paid off.