How To Buy The General Before Prestige 3

Ty-Rex

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an FYI, you can't be banned for using this method. Nothing to do with it not effecting others, or anything like that.

You can't be banned via utilising in game options. This was left in. Was it a mistake? Was it a glitch? Was it deliberate. How is the consumer meant to know. For all we know, it could be left in like the hidden cheat codes of old.

It's not, obviously, but you get my point. As long as you are not using any external program's, you'll be fine. It's also very rare for people to get banned using in game multiplayer glitches, even when gaining an advantage. If the devs mess up the coding, it's on them.

Feel free to use it.

What do you mean?

I mean that I bought everything sans one survivor, highlighted him and the General, went back to the survivor side, hit A & Y at the same time, it switched over to the General with the buy this character box, hit yes, didn't take 10,000 salvage like it did in the video.

I mean that I bought everything sans one survivor, highlighted him and the General, went back to the survivor side, hit A & Y at the same time, it switched over to the General with the buy this character box, hit yes, didn't take 10,000 salvage like it did in the video.

Try again. If it still doesn't take the salvage, then you must have already done it and I'd suggesting backing up your save and buying the last survivor you need to see if the achievement pops.

Worst case scenario, you always have a backup.

Just an FYI, you can't be banned for using this method. Nothing to do with it not effecting others, or anything like that.

You can't be banned via utilising in game options. This was left in. Was it a mistake? Was it a glitch? Was it deliberate. How is the consumer meant to know. For all we know, it could be left in like the hidden cheat codes of old.

It's not, obviously, but you get my point. As long as you are not using any external program's, you'll be fine. It's also very rare for people to get banned using in game multiplayer glitches, even when gaining an advantage. If the devs mess up the coding, it's on them.

Feel free to use it.

This is not at all true. If you are gaining an advantage in MP by utilizing a glitch, it is not the devs fault for leaving it in the game. LOL. If it's an obvious glitch and you continue to use it, shame on you, not the devs.

Try again. If it still doesn't take the salvage, then you must have already done it and I'd suggesting backing up your save and buying the last survivor you need to see if the achievement pops.

Worst case scenario, you always have a backup.

Awesome that worked!! Thanks so much. :)

Never said you did.. was simply stating that they can ban you for utilizing a MP glitch because another user posted that you couldn't be it is the debs fault for including it in the final product.

This is so not true at all and I bet you can't even cite one example of someone being banned for exploiting a glitch in a game that was the devs fault for missing.

This is so not true at all and I bet you can't even cite one example of someone being banned for exploiting a glitch in a game that was the devs fault for missing.

Maybe not banned, but they rank reset many people utilizing online glitches in Battlefield 3.

OT: Finally got my 1,000 in this game the "legit" way. And to any1 wondering you can't prestige again after getting P3L60.

OT: Finally got my 1,000 in this game the "legit" way.

Ahh, I see what you did there;) Too bad my ego isn't concerned about whether people know I unlocked the General playing through to Prestige 3:p

I'm still waiting to try this glitch but the XP jumps between levels are getting higher and higher:(