PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Defiance > Castithan Charge Pack
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Club's Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide & RoadMap

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the super banner.

Hello and welcome to Defiance--TDD style. I'm pleased to be bringing you the first DLC from one of the most exciting games rocking the Xbox 360.

And an important note I wanted to emphasize: I'm always looking for a better way to do my G&RMs. If there is an element I should be adding to the guide, or something you think I should change, even something minor, please let me know!
Old 12-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Club's Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG
DLC: Castithan Charge Pack

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty:4/10
-Offline: 0/8 (0/200)
-Online: 8/8 (200/200)
-Approximate amount of time to 200: 4-9 hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 and then quite a few arena re-plays.
-Missable achievements: None
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No difficulty
-Unobtainable/glitched achievements: None
-Extra equipment needed?: Real world money to purchase the DLC ($9.99).

Introduction:
Hello and welcome to Defiance's first DLC--Castithan Charge Pack. The heavily anticipated DLC essentially brings us a whole new side of Defiance to explore, led by the 'horde-like' mode titled arenas. The DLC adds some interesting aspects to our gameplay, and introduces new weapons for some weapon categories. Overall the DLC has been highly anticipated and is somewhat of a letdown for those who had high hopes for Defiance.

In a nutshell the Castithan Charge Pack adds a new character type in the Castithan, new weapons that are Thorn based, some new pursuits, and a horde mode for Defiance. All in all there is quite a bit of content added to the game and quite a bit extra to do now with this $9.99 DLC.

Abbreviated Walkthrough:
Essentially we are looking at a couple "story mission" objectives, followed by some arena play when it comes to the achievements. Once you get to the lighthouse, the remainder of the process will take place here and inside the arenas. In order to grab the 8 achievements we are going to go through three steps: getting through the arenas, grabbing golds, and grinding points. Let's begin.

Story Story and More... Oh Arenas
The first time you run through the arenas I would not worry much about going for gold--simply shoot for the silver and if you nab gold in an arena, job well done, but getting through them and grabbing the end result is the way to go. Pushing through all 5 arenas should take about an hour. With this out of the way you will snag "Thawandaye" for completing the story. You will also grab the first two objectives in the second of two pursuits for completing the story.

Our next step is going back and grabbing gold in each arena.

Arenas till we Cannot Hold Enough Gold
With some tips and tricks included of course...

Here we will go back and grab the gold in any arenas where we did not grab it the first time around. You may have gotten them naturally by just playing, but incase you did not, refer to each individual arena's guide for specific assistance.

The Tips:
  • 2,000 points if you do not die. Absolutely vital to grabbing gold in some of the later arenas.
  • The invader class infector is amazing inside the arenas.
  • When in doubt between going down and dying or keeping a streak going--GET TO COVER. The 2,000 points you will lose if you die out is absolutely worth having to restart a 10 kill streak.
  • Understanding the general spawn cycle and locations of enemies may benefit you, as well as listening to your EGO when she gives you instructions on where enemies are spawning. Keeping the chain up is vital to success.

This step will knock off the following achievements:
  • "Yukifyo"
  • "Rizifyo"
  • "Eminifyo"
  • "Valáfyo"
  • "Shanjifyo"

This ultimately leads us to our last step--mopping up pursuits and maxing out rep.

Mop Up Pursuits and Finish Reppin'
By the time you get here you should be needing to kill 25 golden skitterlings as well as buy 5 items with Thorn Liro reputation. The skitterlings should be easily mapped in an arena of your choosing and then hunted effectively only worrying about them and then moving on to rushing through arenas for gold medals. I highly suggest picking an arena you will most comfortable with, and personally recommend arena 2 (Rizi Arena) as it may be the easiest with both enemies, and finishing the necessary points early on (I finished gold a few times by mid-round 2).

During this process you will also pass into 'Trusted' status with the Thorn Liro unlocking the other miscellaneous achievement.

Finishing off the pursuits will net you "Caste Master" and maxing out your rep with the Thorn Liro will unlock "Ferick’s Friend."

Conclusion:
Overall this DLC shouldn't be too taxing to finish and max out, although there is a bit of a grind as well as a bit of skill/planning involved in order to exit it stress-free. All-in-all the content added to Defiance is refreshing and a sign that the game is not dead in the water just yet. The Castithan Charge Pack should definitely bring some disenfranchised arkhunters back to the fold, and will keep you going with the enjoyment found in the arenas as well as a fairly easy 200. Until next time we battle injustice my fellow arkhunters.

Thawandaye 50
Complete Ferick's Missions

We begin by getting 'The Whisper's Scream' mission as this is the kicking off point for the Castithan Charge Pack and will be the first of a few "missions."

In The Whisper's Scream we are doing nothing but really collecting and listening to audio logs. You will go across the Wasteland trying to find and listen to them ultimately culminating in unlocking the arenas. Your last stop will be at the new Lighthouse. Once you get to the lighthouse and begin to do the arenas, each subsequent arena will essentially be the next "mission" you need to complete ending with the 5th and final arena and the final cutscene. Once you complete the final arena with at least a silver medal you will unlock this achievment.

Yukifyo 15
Get a gold rating in the Yuke Arena

This will be the first arena you have access to. In order to snag the gold you will need to score 22,000 after five rounds. This first arena is fairly easy, but with a few tips and tricks, we'll make it a sinch.

Prep:
I think the best combo of weapons would be an Invader class infector with a linking BMG as your backup. The reasoning for this is that the Invader will be your go-to weapon for the big enemies, and the BMG will ravage the skitterlings that you will deal with massively in round 3. Keep in mind that staying alive throughout the entirety of the arena will net you 2,000 extra points. I used overcharge as my ability for this arena, although decoy may also be a strong choice to help take the pressure off of you.

Rounds:
Stay up top early on as you will only face 99ers of lower quality and can easily manage with your Invader and some well placed chains. The first two waves should be spent attempting to keep your multiplier up and trying to rack in as many points as possible. At wave three you will want to drop down into the lower area and get ready for the hordes of skitterlings. This is where the BMG comes into play. Use the BMG heavily to link the skitterlings and then use the infector to take out any warriors. By the time you get to round 4/5 you should be looking to mix together your infector only with the BMG when there is a horde of skitterlings. The key is to stay alive and use big chains to take down the higher level enemies for maximum points.
Note:
At this point do not worry about gold skitterlings as they take a large amount of damage and will stop your streaks by trying to go for them. For the skitterlings refer to "Caste Master."

Rizifyo 15
Get a gold rating in the Rizi Arena

The second arena will be the soldier class--a bit harder, no skitterlings to keep your multiplier up, but less score to hit only requiring 10,000 this time for gold. Also in this arena there will be blue canisters that emit smoke that will give you the blur ability so be sure to take advantage of the increased speed and melee damage.

Prep:
This time I found myself sticking with my Invader class infector the entirety of the arena with a blast shotgun as my backup. I tried a few other methods involving machine guns and even assault rifles, but nothing had the long-lasting effect that the infector did. The enemies this time are a bit tougher and pack more of a wallop so we need something to even the odds so be sure to utilize both the bugs and their strong power as well as the increased melee damage of the blur effect canisters. I also recommend overcharge here as your ability as you will need it for the larger mutant enemies than spawn.

Rounds:
The rounds this time around escalate as you progress farther, but there are no real big surprises. Chaining in round 1 can net you a huge step up on the rest of the arena as the enemies in round 1 are fairly light. By the time you get to round 3 you will begin to meet E-Rep soldiers that will add shields and tougher fights to the mix. Round 5 will press you with several large mutant machine gunners and grenadiers. Keep to the upper level throughout the rounds unless you need to drop to get to some enemies. This shouldn't be too difficult to hit, and will actually be my suggest arena for grinding out the rep.

Last edited by THE DEADLY DOG; 12-16-2013 at 05:50 PM.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Club's Guide Dog

Eminifyo 15
Get a gold rating in the Emine Arena

This arena throws fire into the mix with some annoying raiders and uncanny afflicted. You will need to get to 9,999 points in order to snag the gold, and remember, free 2,000 if you survive. You have two main options: Distance or Invader carnage. Personally I went with the invader as the bugs will devistate at a distance, and will help even the odds against those riot shielders. If you went with the distance method I would suggest a strong assault rifle and a shotgun for upclose battles.

Prep:
I go with the Invader yet again with a blast shotgun as my backup. The key to remember this time around is that each progressive round will add fire obstacles to the arena, which can be either a great boost, or a hurtful element depending on how you play it. I decided to stick with the Invader because taking enemies from a distance and then working on the ones I could keep my chain going with helped me kill 2 birds. If you do even 1 damage to an enemy that then runs into and dies because of fire you will get full points for the kill. Your bugs will also go out and wound enemies that will in turn run into the flames and die. I once again went with overcharge as my active ability because of its power to not only take down enemies quickly, but with the auto-reload and the increased damage for bugs, it made for a devastating tool in the later rounds on the bigger enemies.

Rounds:
The rounds here should not be too taxing with each one adding a few differences. From the first round you will see the majority of the enemies you will face throughout the entirety of the arena which consists primarily of raiders and later afflicted. By round 3 you will begin to run into afflicted as well as an arena that is covering about half of the escape routes and close quarters with lines of fire making escapes a little more hairy. The important thing to remember is sticking to the outside ring of the arena, but focusing your blasts at the enemies in and round fire. There will be plenty of opportunity to take out the stragglers that will harass you on the outskirts, but a majority of the enemies go toward the middle first and then out. The Raider Tanker is the one enemy I advise you do not waste your time on. Hitting him in the back and making sure he goes down takes too much effort and will drain your Invader clip quickly. If your bugs take one down, power to them, but do not waste your time.

Valáfyo 15
Get a gold rating in the Valáne Arena

For this one we will see Scrappers and Echelon mercs with the only random variable being explosive barrels. I consider this the toughest arena because of the score needed and the nature of trying to get your score up to 14,000 for the gold.

Prep:
I went back to the invader class infector with a BMG-Stingray as my backup because of the vast number of Scrappers. Again my ability was overcharge, although if you do get overwhelmed often, decoy could be a key life-saver. In this arena more than any previous arena I suggest really playing to survive first and foremost. It doesn't take much for you to get overwhelmed even in the lower rounds so keep an eye on your shield and health, and get out of there if things get hairy.

Rounds:
I actually used the BMG on a 50/50 scale with the infector because of the number of small enemies throughout the waves. The earlier rounds (1+2) I stuck with the BMG as the primary and used the infector when I needed to take some big guys out, or wanted to get my bugs moving the enemies around. By round 3 I was sticking to the bottom floor and focusing on large enemies with my infector and using the BMG to link together a nice chain to get my combo back up. There will be plenty of small explosive scrappers that will swarm you during rounds 3-5 so utilize them to get your chain up quickly for a swift kill on some on some of the larger enemies. Once again we are going to avoid an enemy, but this time we are staying clear of the forges as they take too much effort to bring down efficiently. Keep in mind the 2,000 you get for surviving the arena and play with it in mind especially if you are struggling.

Shanjifyo 15
Get a gold rating in the Shanje Arena

The 2,000 life bonus given to you at the end of the arena if you do not use a revive will come in absolutely clutch here only forcing you to score 4,000 points through 5 rounds. In order to unlock the gold medal you need 6,000 points so ultimately this should be kept in the back of your mind as you trudge through this final arena.

Prep:
This final arena ironically is not the toughest, but it can pose problems if you find yourself falling short of the 6,000 needed to grab the gold. I yet again stuck with the invader class infector so the simple reason that there is nothing that can replace the sheer power of 10 bugs on the ground at one time. As my backup I did change things up and ran with EMC Assault Rifle to assist me on some of the Volge, but it was truly a backup as I only used it for about 15% of the arena, and mostly in round 5 as I was close to 4,000 points. At this point you want to seriously consider using decoy as your ability if you had trouble on the previous arenas. The enemies are ruthless and will come nonstop, so if you feel a bit worried, definitely grab decoy although I once again used overcharge.

Rounds:
The difficulty kicks up in no time in this final arena going from a fairly easy experience in round 1 to a difficult challenge in 2 to Defiance fun in 3-5. The best thing to do is to stick to the top as much as you can using the middle of the map as both a tool to link kills as well as an avenue for escape. Early on you won't find yourself ducking out of combat much, but by round 4 with Volge pouring in, you will be ducking in-and-out of cover often to protect yourself. Just remember to use the Dark Matter forces as the linking units between your attacks on the Volge units. Doing so will make your kills on Volge units much more efficient and worth wild.

Caste Master 50
Complete the Thawandaye Pursuits

This will be your final achievement as it requires finishing off everything in the Castithan Charge Pack. Where they catch you is with the buying 5 items caveat. Buying 5 items will cost you at the very least 1,250 points which will require some grinding to obtain. While going for the necessary points you should also start hunting golden skitterlings as well.

Pursuit 1:
Thorn Liro Master
Gold rating in all arenas.

This shouldn't be too hard after running through the arenas a few times. All the tips and tricks can be found in each arena's specific achievement, but for some more general tips please see the RoadMap. Above everything else I suggest staying alive to see out the end of each arena as the 2,000 point bonus is irreplaceable.

Pursuit 2:
Thawandaye
Complete the mission "The Whisper's Scream"
Complete the mission "Shanje Liro: Ruling Caste Arena"
Find and kill the golden skitterlings in the arena (25)
Purchase items with Thorn Liro reputation (5)

The first two objectives are story-related and you will grab them as you naturally progress through the story.

Number three requires you to kill 25 golden skitterlings. This one will test your patience, but more than anything else, will require you to get good at an arena's skitterling runs and hawk it. What does that mean? Personally I found the routes in arena 2 (Rizi Arena) the easiest to get a hold of and to mark down. Starting in round 1 I waited for the golden skitterling to spawn and then went for it waiting at key points in its route to ambush it with invader rounds. Working this method I was able to grab 1-2 golden skitterling kills a round enabling me to only have to spend about 13 arena playthroughs on golden skitterling hunting. I also went into this specific objective with 0 golden skitterling kills prior, so I had to grab the full 25 in order to fulfill this so you may have it a bit easier if you were able to kill some in your story-run. If you are having trouble getting the kill with an invader may I suggest using a blast-type shotgun. The explosions seem to do catastrophic damage to the golden skitterlings, but you will need to be really focusing on their route to land a hit successfully.

Number four requires you to buy 5 items with Thorn Liro rep. As it is now the cheapest this can come is by spending 1,250 rep points or buying 5, 250 rep items. For the "how-to" on how to get rep up efficiently, please see "Ferick's Friend." Just note that you cannot buy an item and then sell it back for your rep back.

Last edited by THE DEADLY DOG; 12-16-2013 at 01:32 AM.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:32 AM   #4
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Club's Guide Dog

Ferick’s Friend 25
Max out reputation with the Thorn Liro

Maxing out reputation with the Thorn Liro, like with the other factions, requires you getting it to the trusted status (600 rep total). Now after you get gold in all the arenas, I suggest going back to the 2nd arena (soldier) and simply rushing to 10,000 points and then allowing enemies to kill you to end the round quicker (you can also occasional use a blast shotgun or some sort of explosion to kill yourself, although sometimes my character auto healed to combat this). If you plan it out well, and execute strongly, you should hit your 10,000 mark sometime around round 3 saving you approximately 5-7 minutes between the final rounds, getting back in, and started back up.

I also recommend doing the weekly challenge if you haven't already as well as the daily challenge even though the daily is only worth 10 rep. Use the same method as listed before, rush to gold and then die off to end the arena. All in all this should you no longer than 4 hours to get 1,250 rep needed for "Caste Master."

After you do finish all arenas, you should be fairly close to the 600 mark needed so finish this up and then prepare for the grind that is "Caste Master."
Old 12-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member TemporalWizard and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Defiance / DLC: Castithan Charge Pack Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

I don't mind. Forget it. There's nothing to lose
But my mind and all the things I wanted

Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote