Red Gems Exploit/Glitch: Easier Way to get achievement.

Wow. That is a a much better format then what I had. Nice work. Though you need to be sure that once you clear it every other time that you go near the save point at the start of the room, since the one you just loaded from will already be used.

I wish I had a suitable video camera (or the game anymore for that matter) to show you what I did. Though it isn't really needed. If you follow the Gem guide and get as many kills in the inf spawn areas you should be good.

This doesn't always work. After about 3 times of saving the game stops saving after u open the gate meaning you can't farm for red gems. Reloaded and same thing.

This doesn't always work. After about 3 times of saving the game stops saving after u open the gate meaning you can't farm for red gems. Reloaded and same thing.

I hit 30 red gems doing this before getting bored and I'm sure you could do all 80 if you have the patience. Just make sure to alternate gate save positions.

Dunno if it made any difference but when I'd collected 10 I spent them on upgrades then carried on.

:)

I don't know if anyone has ever posted this, but today I figured out a fairly easy exploit for white gems, once you get to/past chapter 3:

(description from my YouTube video:)

Instructions:

The process is easy to understand, but a bit difficult to pull off. When you start facing the enemies completely clad in armor that can turn into a purple ethereal mist (I think in Chapter 3 is where you first meet them), try to hit them with a light shot in the legs. If you're lucky, they'll fall to the ground...run over to them and start stomping. I maxed out the white gem meter this way (999 gems), and you can repeat as needed to do the same.

I've been trying this for nearly an hour and i haven't managed to have him drop unless i break his armor. But then i kill him. Any other tips.:(

Update...i guess I needed to try for a hour and a minute. From what I saw you have to hit him with the lightshot as he's jumping away from you after his teleport attack. That's the hard part. But once you get it you'll be mashing X for about 4 minutes. Make sure you stretch!

Edited by skynetarmy
I was retarded

I accidentally upgraded my guns in my easy playthrough. That completely destroys the amount of gems you can get. You shoot someone's leg with an upgraded gun and even if you stomp them, you only get like one gem. They have so little health after the leg shot from your powerful gun that you can only get one stomp in before they die, and so, you get barely any gems.

This is important for anyone trying the white gem grinding, lol.

I want to 2nd two of these glitches that I used on my last playthrough. These worked GREAT, so thanks to the original posters, i'm just confirming these work.

RED GEMS EXPLOIT

2-1 - The area where you get the 2nd gem. A cutscene will start and a shadow hand will come out of the ground. Kill the enemies, grab the red gem, and proceed through the next gate. When you open the gate you will trigger the one-eye willie checkpoint. STOP. After it says saving at the bottom, pause, quit. Load up your game. You should be in the same spot with the gate behind you closed. Walk up to it anyway, in a moment the same cutscene will trigger and you will be teleported past the gate to fight the shadow hand demons again. Kill the demons, grab the red gem, but THIS TIME... head towards the FIRST GATE... the one you entered originally (you should see some zzzzzz's through a wall). Walk towards the gate (no need to open it) and you should trigger the one-eye willie through the wall. Pause, quit. Do this as many times as you want!!! Infinite gems. Be sure to continue alternating checkpoints.

WHITE GEMS EXPLOIT

4-3 - I did this in the library. About halfway through this stage, you will be attacked by an armored teleporting demon. You've seen the teleporting demons earlier in the game, but for some reason THIS is the one that worked for me. Make sure you do NOT destroy his armor. You want to hold aim, and just walk left or right in a circle around the demon. He won't actually hit you if you do this. Now, take a moment to watch his pattern. He teleports, rushes at you, and does an attack. After the attack whiffs, he jumps backwards, then teleports, repeating the string. You want to shoot him with the light shot while he's jumping backwards after his attack. Its tricky, but after a few tries you should get it. As soon as the light shot hits him in air, he will fall to the ground. RUN UP ON HIM and mash X. I had a turbo controller, and I must have held X down for several minutes, going from about 80 white gems to maxing out at 999.

Just wanted to re-type this stuff and make it clear... I know I was a little confused as what to do, so hopefully this will help. Thanks again to the original posters of these methods, you've helped me a lot!

From what I can see when you get the cut scene of the hand -

.Go and collect the gem

..Shoot the goat

...Clear the room

....Head for the gate that is shown

.....Wait for save point

......Quit

.......Load game

........Turn 180 when game starts going to the gate behind you forcing the cut scene again

.........Repeat above steps but after all enemies dead & you get the gem then go to the gate you came through by giving it a brain key, NOT the other gate

..........Load game

...........repeat steps and alternate save points between the two save points, one by the gate that needs a brain key & the other gate that doesn't need key.

Ok..now I get it.

After trying to do the glitch a few times I couldn't do it except the first time, then after that every time I tried the cut scene would never start & glitch me back to the goat / darkness / gem area.

The key is to go to where the gate by the ZZZzzz are of the sleeping willy. Touch the demon baby gate and it will trigger the save point...kind of like the first time you originally went through that gate.

I also found out that if you load the game and it loads properly w/o any slowdown, you cannot do glitch.

Props to FireFlow PL for making a video on how to do it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmxz3WVN3tk]CLICK FOR LINK

[/ame]

Edit: I had to finally stop repeating the glitch because I didn't turn around and walk towards the gate fast enough after I reloaded, so I didn't glitch & cause the cutscene to reappear. I had collected 36 red gems by that point.

Edited by grinner
fixing links to embed youtube video into post

After reading all of the red gem collecting guides, and understanding that the achievement is about getting all the UPGRADES, not all the gems, I think that the description of this achievement is probably mistranslated.

This is a game done by Japanese designers, so my suspicion is that in Japanese, it's probably more clear that it's about getting all the upgrades, and that whoever did the English localization probably didn't translate it properly, or rather, too literally.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok..now I get it.

After trying to do the glitch a few times I couldn't do it except the first time, then after that every time I tried the cut scene would never start & glitch me back to the goat / darkness / gem area.

The key is to go to where the gate by the ZZZzzz are of the sleeping willy. Touch the demon baby gate and it will trigger the save point...kind of like the first time you originally went through that gate.

I also found out that if you load the game and it loads properly w/o any slowdown, you cannot do glitch.

Props to FireFlow PL for making a video on how to do it.

Edit: I had to finally stop repeating the glitch because I didn't turn around and walk towards the gate fast enough after I reloaded, so I didn't glitch & cause the cutscene to reappear. I had collected 36 red gems by that point.

This method is working great! I currently have 51 gems and will obtain the rest tonight. Two points to emphasize: First, once all the enemies are dead look to see whether there are any ZZZZs floating by the first gate you came through or if Willy is on the other side of the second gate. As another poster stated, the key to farming the glitch is to ALTERNATE between the two autosave spots. If there is already a fierey pile of poo past the second gate do not go through it because that autosave has already been used. If you do, the gate will close and you will not be able to farm any more gems. Second, if you plan to farm all 80 gems at this spot but need to quit the game for some reason, quit after using the autosave by the first gate you come through. That way when you restart you will be inside the courtyard and the cycle can continue to be repeated. THANK YOU to those that originally posted and refined the explanation for this glitch. It is annoying enough that the difficulty levels do not stack but this exploit makes three play throughs a more enjoyable prospect.

I just started this game last night and found the glitch spot on 2-1. My question is.. How many red gems are you guys farming? I currently have 34 red gems and about 400 white gems. I hear you can buy red gems from Christopher who I don't think I've encountered yet.. But how much does it cost to buy a red gem from him?

The reason I ask is because I absolutely hate collectibles in games and don't want to have to hunt for alot of red gems hidden around the map. I just want to play through and enjoy it. I just don't think I want to farm all 80 gems where I am. Probably wouldn't take too long, but I'd rather get to the game.

This method is working great! I currently have 51 gems and will obtain the rest tonight. Two points to emphasize: First, once all the enemies are dead look to see whether there are any ZZZZs floating by the first gate you came through or if Willy is on the other side of the second gate. As another poster stated, the key to farming the glitch is to ALTERNATE between the two autosave spots. If there is already a fierey pile of poo past the second gate do not go through it because that autosave has already been used. If you do, the gate will close and you will not be able to farm any more gems. Second, if you plan to farm all 80 gems at this spot but need to quit the game for some reason, quit after using the autosave by the first gate you come through. That way when you restart you will be inside the courtyard and the cycle can continue to be repeated. THANK YOU to those that originally posted and refined the explanation for this glitch. It is annoying enough that the difficulty levels do not stack but this exploit makes three play throughs a more enjoyable prospect.

No problem. Glad I could help. Nice to be able to make an actual contribution to others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Attempted the "stomp" glitch on 3-3 after the Paula chase and meeting Mr. X. The armored, mist demons no longer reward 999 White Gems for contiuously stomping on them, they will simply die after awarding 5 or so white gems, much as the horned "normal demons" do. Not sure if it was patched, or if maybe, as some people have said -- certain copies of the game may reward you in various ways.

Documented 10/24/11 -- 1:12am; Demon Hunter difficulty.

That said, it's difficult enough trying to drop them to stomp on them to begin with -- I didn't want anyone else to have to learn the hard way, much as I have the last two hours. :(