Press trying to ruin this game?

Baihu1983

Could it be bsimply because its a Kinect game? Im mean its getting a lot of hate but yet in vids ive seen it works a lot better than the press are saying. And now theres this vid......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knePJZcX8YE]Kinect Star Wars - Rancor Smashing Gameplay (GC 11) - YouTube[/ame]

Now it looks very unresponsive in this vid until you notice that a lot of the time you can see his right hand in the main screen and its not matching what his doing in the little screen a lot of the time and times when you should be able to see his hand on screen you actually cant.

I just think the whole Star Wars Kinnect things is a over hyped gimmick. Personally I would have loved to have seen Old Republic making an Xbox bow or another Battlefront.

I just can't find any love for Kinnect (this maybe because I'm an over 40 17 stone unfit blob of fat who gets tired changing disks for L.A. Noire) it just seems to be rinse and repeat. While I dream of been a Jedi Knight, I am sure it will look less flattering watching me flail around in my underwear whilst having a mild corinary .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I just think the whole Star Wars Kinnect things is a over hyped gimmick. Personally I would have loved to have seen Old Republic making an Xbox bow or another Battlefront.

I just can't find any love for Kinnect (this maybe because I'm an over 40 17 stone unfit blob of fat who gets tired changing disks for L.A. Noire) it just seems to be rinse and repeat. While I dream of been a Jedi Knight, I am sure it will look less flattering watching me flail around in my underwear whilst having a mild corinary .

If The Old Republic or Battlefront 3 were coming out on the Xbox anytime soon, no one would be in the Star Wars Kinect forum lol.

• 2 months later...

i'm getting this on day one! reviews on the run hated it. so i know its gonna rock! also x360a,123kinect & other websites. all of them seem to be anti kinect. i dont see many games getting good reviews for kinect. i always post my kersonal reviews. as it seems, we the gamers, put in the time & effort for a proper review.

since lucas arts & MS annouced why its been delayed so long. i'm now confident this game will be the best starwars one yet! pod racing, force powers, light sabre duels, vader, sith. damn i hope yoda is in this game too! i think it'll be the best kinect game yet! had this kre ordered since day one!

i remember seeing the originals on day one when i was ten yrs old. so looking forward to grabing my sabre battling for good or evil. even has dancing which i think will be a nice change of pace. so i dont care what the press says. they said powerup heroes sucked. i gave it a 9/10. so i'm grabbing this! i hope its online too. pod racing, lightsabre battles would be awesome! heck even dance offs lmao.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I managed to get the game early from tesco (uk store feel free to check my achievements if u like) and i gotta say, its great!! ive had kinect since day one and been completely disappointed so far, theres been nothing that makes you say wow, until now!!!... This is the first game thats really responsive. Swinging your hand in a figure of eight to deflect blaster fire, then swinging your whole arm to really push the fire back at the enemy is really cool. Made me feel just like a little kid! Pod racing is fun, leaning forward to boost to 700 mph, opening your arms further apart to slow. I havent tried rancor or dancing modes yet (I find it difficult to think about a dance mode in a star wars game), but the track listing for dancing is hilarious, with little album covers made up of photos from the trilogy (the one that really counts lol) for each song. Theres something in the main menu called "M-Tag" which asks you to scan what i think is a qr code. theres no manual for the game in the box, and the online one isnt active yet, so i cant check, but it starts kinect in a sorta photo mode so i can assume. All i can say is, star wars fans will enjoy the story in the campaign mode (set shortly after episode one with a group of new padawans that you choose character from). The haters of star wars, well, who cares!!! lol j/k. basically, see it as fun with star wars and you'll enjoy!

nice to see what someone who has it really thinks. i have a friend who has it too. it has long load times. he also said its the best kinect game out. well worth buying. i cant find a place in canada that'll sell it early. so i'm stuck waiting till tuesday. no midnight launch either. man i hate street dates. my ebgames got it in on friday ugh.

haters gonna hate no matter what.. FTW star wars kinect

Couldn't agree more. Almost all kinect games have a few issues. Some more than others. This being one of the biggest kinect releases to date suggests that it will likely be one of the most polished.

As long as it works well enough for me to prance about in my living room. Whilst wearing a Jedi Robe I fashioned from a pair of curtains. Brandishing a spatula or whatever long items I can find (including but not limited to: adult toys)... Then this game will rock.

I got rid of my Kinect, myself and the family just did not enjoy the motion control experience, the same with Wii and Move. Much prefer a control pad. If people enjoy Kinect, Wii,Move etc then good for them, I dont think they should be criticised for it at all.

I got rid of my Kinect, myself and the family just did not enjoy the motion control experience, the same with Wii and Move. Much prefer a control pad. If people enjoy Kinect, Wii,Move etc then good for them, I dont think they should be criticised for it at all.

i agree, i like kinect & i think the wars between kinect & controller games needs to stop!

I think the scores are pretty fair. It's averaging about a 6/10. It's not a great game that will be remembered like Battlefront, but it's fun. It's like a summer blockbuster...it's fun while you watch it, but you will probably forget all about it the next summer.

If the kinect worked better this could be a great game, but the Duels are meh (no Darth Maul option??), and the story you basically just swipe your arm back and forth. Don't get me wrong I had fun with it as I am a huge Star Wars fan, but I wouldn't call this a core game. There is no depth to the combat and the controls lack polish.

I actually think this site is one of the worst for Kinect hating. I dont even bother reading their reviews now because they have made it perfectly clear they dont like motion gaming.

i agree this site is bias towards kinect. they dont understand what or how to use motion sensing devices.

I think the scores are pretty fair. It's averaging about a 6/10. It's not a great game that will be remembered like Battlefront, but it's fun. It's like a summer blockbuster...it's fun while you watch it, but you will probably forget all about it the next summer.

If the kinect worked better this could be a great game, but the Duels are meh (no Darth Maul option??), and the story you basically just swipe your arm back and forth. Don't get me wrong I had fun with it as I am a huge Star Wars fan, but I wouldn't call this a core game. There is no depth to the combat and the controls lack polish.

i strongly disagree respectfully. i just posted my review. i think they did a great job! no darth maul because of storyline. they did include some big names in duels too. story was very well done. i was doing jedi flips,force push & force pull to throw objects. yes you can hack n slash. just like any other game. but you can do the other stuff too i mentioned. so story & duels are very well done. its the person & how fast they react. not the device. remember kinect TRACKS you. so people need to move faster. the action is intense with a new lush story. :)