Super excited

Nevander

Being a huge Painkiller fan, I was pretty much immediately excited for this as soon as I saw it being advertised. A friend of mine told me about it and I was dying to find out if it was coming to Xbox 360.

EDIT: The date is now the 31st of May, not too bad but still kinda sad it's not this month. Really hope we get the CE like PC did as well.

PC already has it but it seems there are a fair bit of issues. My guess (and hope) is that they will be worked out by the time the end of May rolls around and we may even get some DLC maps shipped with the package.

Many levels were cut from the PC version (Snowy Bridge, Asylum, etc.) and they said they may return them as DLC levels, so by the time we get ours, it may actually be a complete package.

PC has a few bonus levels, a Christmas one, a Halloween one, and Factory. Sure hope we get those levels.

Edited by Nevander

• 1 month later...

Wow, over a month and no one else is looking forward to this? Bummer. I am really looking to this as well. Even though I never had the chance to play the original on the PC, I have Hell Wars on Xbox and it is one of the greatest shooters I've ever played. I can live solely with these types of games, I wish there were more like it nowadays but I am thankful for Serious Sam HD (I would love to see an HD release of SS 2, very underrated IMO). Anyways, I realize the level list is pretty lacking at the moment, so with the delay considered I hope other levels will be added. Town was the best!

Wow, over a month and no one else is looking forward to this? Bummer. I am really looking to this as well. Even though I never had the chance to play the original on the PC, I have Hell Wars on Xbox and it is one of the greatest shooters I've ever played. I can live solely with these types of games, I wish there were more like it nowadays but I am thankful for Serious Sam HD (I would love to see an HD release of SS 2, very underrated IMO). Anyways, I realize the level list is pretty lacking at the moment, so with the delay considered I hope other levels will be added. Town was the best!

OMG a reply! lol

But yes, so ready for this game! I have Hell Wars as well, and it's a lot like the original. Only some levels were missing just like this is, so at least it's not a new thing.

I agree with what you said as well, there needs to be more of the old school shooting action around, but sadly there isn't. :(

At least we can have hope for the genre with the few games here and there that try to stay true, like this game and RotT 2013, which I hope comes to Xbox 360 (look it up if you don't know about it, it's soo sick).

This is sort of like a 'Nero watches Rome burn and plays the lyre' kind of deal. Us old school gamers sit back, play our favorite types of games while the rest of gaming (modern gaming) burns (as in suffers and lacks what older games had). Really sad, but true.

I don't understand why other classic shooters never got released over arcade. I thought Wolf 3D, both Doom games, and Duke 3D were major successes on XBLA, so why did we never get the original Rise of the Triad, or games like Heretic and Blood? It would be nice to play those on Xbox too.

I don't understand why other classic shooters never got released over arcade. I thought Wolf 3D, both Doom games, and Duke 3D were major successes on XBLA, so why did we never get the original Rise of the Triad, or games like Heretic and Blood? It would be nice to play those on Xbox too.

What bothers me the most is how PSN got Final Doom and Master Levels. What the heck man.

• 1 month later...
Old post, not updated. They already confirmed it was moved to May 31st.

Pay attention; if that is what you truly think, read my prior post again. 3rd quarter and more then likely the 4th quarter of the year. By the way, 4th quarter would be October to December.

Just to note. May 31st is a Friday. I can never recall a game being released on a Friday.

Edited by Wanz1

Pay attention; if that is what you truly think, read my prior post again. 3rd quarter and more then likely the 4th quarter of the year. By the way, 4th quarter would be October to December.

Just to note. May 31st is a Friday. I can never recall a game being released on a Friday.

Hey I'm just going off what the developer/publisher says. The date on here is still wrong (and always was) and GameStop has the wrong date too most of the time until it's locked down.

I have a feeling you are going to be waiting a lot longer for this title that you think. The earliest would be the 3rd quarter and more than likely the 4th quarter of 2013.

I noticed you posted the exact same thing on gamefaqs. Is there something you know about the release date? I'm sure you're correct but I'm just curious why you're so intent on saying late 2013.

I noticed you posted the exact same thing on gamefaqs. Is there something you know about the release date? I'm sure you're correct but I'm just curious why you're so intent on saying late 2013.

There's an obvious pattern here. When you've been around gaming as long as I have, it's not too hard to read between the lines.

• 4 weeks later...
Looks good, wish there we're more fun shooters like this and Serious Sam on the xbox. Does this HD remake have anything different from the origional? New weapons or enemies?

The Soulcatcher is a new weapon that can take the souls of enemies and also shoot saw blades, it looks fun to use.

Enemies are all the same I think, just differently placed and such.

I just wish all the original levels were there, as well was the original soundtrack. They changed some of the music which disappointed me a little bit.

I still rate this game 100% must buy.

• 1 month later...