PC version vs XBOX version?

bfmv lfc

It looks like you're allowed to actually have your sim walk around town instead of just the small area. So I think this one will be much better just from that ability... as muchas I loved the PC version.

I also noticed we'll be able to make an upstairs to our house in this one like the PC version. I was really disappointed to see that we weren't able to do that in the GameCube version.

Edited by Pixo

• 3 weeks later...

I unfortunately think the PC version will be that slight bit better ... just because it's the primary base for the Sims ...

... doesn't mean this game is gonna suck! IT'LL BE FREAKIN' AWESOME! The Xbox version will be only a few steps behind the PC version, especially now that they've allowed us to do more on the Console ... like build the upstairs for example.

PC version will always be better by far.

Expansions

Mods

Stuff packs (can be done on consoles as well i suppose)

will always be a user community (sims 1 for example still has an active user base making custom content, uploading it, and so on)

Did I mention mods? Mods can really make a game silly amounts better, it's something the PC will probably always have over consoles.

Now with this said I'm still looking forward to the sims 3 on 360. Nothing like laying back in a chair with a controller banging out some woo hoo with every girl in town!

PC version will always be better by far.

Expansions

Mods

Stuff packs (can be done on consoles as well i suppose)

will always be a user community (sims 1 for example still has an active user base making custom content, uploading it, and so on)

Did I mention mods? Mods can really make a game silly amounts better, it's something the PC will probably always have over consoles.

Now with this said I'm still looking forward to the sims 3 on 360. Nothing like laying back in a chair with a controller banging out some woo hoo with every girl in town!

aye he is correct but since the 360 has marketplace support we may see some expansions released on it

aye he is correct but since the 360 has marketplace support we may see some expansions released on it

That would be FRICKEN AWESOME! I mean, with the PC theres a huge range of content (I've even bought a ton of it myself)

I think I'd never come off the Sims ever again if they released bonus DLC for the game, which they probably should, seeing as Custom Content is a very big part of the Sims success. That, and I'd be broke permanently :p

It would be good if they released similar expansions as to the PC

• 1 month later...

While I might give this game a shot, the PC version will always be better (no matter how glitched it). In terms of appearance, it is harder to act any Simulation game on a Console..the HUD means you have to tab around the HUD rather than it mostly just being there for the taking. There is usually less cheats like boolprop etc. By having these slightly more tenious control schemes, it makes it quite an uncomfortable experience.

I cant wait to see the marketplace swarmed with tons of sims downloadable content.

Yeah....I think the DLC will ultimately make or break this game...There's bound to be a certain amount of DLC for a game like this...But if it dies out quickly, so will the fanbase for the game...The major plus point for the PC, like it's alreayd been stated in this thread, is that the games community is still creating and uploading content for the first game now...Hopefully....We'll be able to say the same for the Xbox DLC in more than a year... =/

Now onto my differences....My 2 major problems with the console versions of the sims before this were...No upstairs....and the stupid Fire Hazard rating system stopping you from having that 18 bedroom mansion with 4 swimming pools, 13 toilets and 9 showers, that you always wanted....I see the upstairs has been resolved...Should improve the play vastly...I just hope the fire hazard limit is upped now we have 360's capablities to play with.... =)

I wish they would make all the current expansion stuff for the PC version be included with the console version. That'd be awesome.

Afterwards, the future DLC will probably cost lots for little content. Which is going to suck.

PC version is better just because of fan-base and mods. Plus, you can probably ILLEGALLY download the game and expansions years after it comes out (like when The Sims 4 is out). But of course, I do not encourage that behavior (for as long as EA still sells the game).

I might have to check this out. I own the originally Sims and all the expansion packs, but I could never play anything after it because my PCs can't handle the graphics.

However, I don't think I'll by it when it first comes out. I'll probably wait until someone has a special on it or GameStop has it used for dirt cheap.