OOP DLC Help! Gold on cannon skill game!!

x STDC x Clint

I can't hit the 3rd target, nowhere near, just don't understand the mechanics on this skill game at all.

I've found that if you launch yourself from the cannon when it is around 80 degrees or so, you'll get a good start.

From there I recommend bailing around your second flip and holding the left stick up and to the right until you can see the target, then you can sort of steer yourself into the target. It seems that you get a better launch when you bail earlier as as opposed to later.

It's a real pain in the ass.

Edited by Don Jose

I ended up with around 1.5m total. I shot the cannon as it's getting to the D in the degree sign in the background, bail asap with your riders head pointing towards the target and hold right as soon as you bail.

Took quite a bit of trial and error but after awhile you start to get a good feel for it. I can pretty much always get under .5 m on target 1 and 2 now, 3 I still can't get perfect on a regular basis though but I can hit it every time and eventually got a little lucky.

Edited by thenutman69321

Also, hold X/LT once bailed out to curl up into a ball, this will help with accuracy, to me it also feels like it helps you fly further, but I have no idea...

Also, on the last cannon, try bailing without doing any flips, you lose a lot of momentum during flips. I got a point where I'd have a total of <1 to 3 meters between the first two, so for gold you have a lot of wiggle room on the third.

Here's the tip that helped me nail it within a couple tries (Quoted from the achievement guide thread), worked like a charm!

I found the platinum very easy to attain on the cannon mini game, you need under 5.000m. On the 2nd and 3rd shot make sure to bail 3 quarters of the way through the 2nd flip. You'll have more than enough momentum.

I have to admit, I'm finding this one pretty annoying for two main reasons.

1) What's the point in making me do it three times just so you can take the worst score? I get under 5m on the first two then I get roughly 30m and it gives me a score of that 30m? Bullshit. Why not take the average if you're forcing me to do all three?

2) The game's a badly designed tbh when due to the camera you can't see where you're supposed to be aiming at. Sure, you roughly know where you're going but most of it's just, 'Oh, I hope that bloody target will be somewhere close by the time the camera lowers far enough to see it! Welp, no, quite far out, maybe if I was able to see it earlier I could have judged the bail and angle better.'

I'm sure I'll get the gold on it but I still think it's really quite badly designed.

1) What's the point in making me do it three times just so you can take the worst score? I get under 5m on the first two then I get roughly 30m and it gives me a score of that 30m? Bullshit. Why not take the average if you're forcing me to do all three?

I'm pretty sure your score is the sum of all three runs, not just your worst. Makes it so you have to be very accurate all three times to get the platinum.

I'm pretty sure your score is the sum of all three runs, not just your worst. Makes it so you have to be very accurate all three times to get the platinum.

Yeah, mine definitely didn't seem to work like that.

I was watching the counter and it only took that last one.

Although it could just be a small bug, the same happened to me in the other skill game where it didn't record achieving a greater height even though I passed my own marker a while back.

• 2 weeks later...