HD yea thats a joke.

So when did HD start meaning it looks like crap?? 1080p and it still looks ported. Cuts look alittle HD but the picture is crayon looking. I mean I like the fact to replay it BUT stop calling it HD when it clearly looks ported. Same with the Resident Evil HD ports they made. Isn't NOTHING HD about it. Does anyone else feel this way??

Thanks

So when did HD start meaning it looks like crap?? 1080p and it still looks ported. Cuts look alittle HD but the picture is crayon looking. I mean I like the fact to replay it BUT stop calling it HD when it clearly looks ported. Same with the Resident Evil HD ports they made. Isn't NOTHING HD about it. Does anyone else feel this way??

Thanks

It is a port. I'm not sure you understand what these HD re-releases actually are.

Perhaps you should try getting your PS2 out and playing Silent Hill 2 on it on your big TV, then try playing this again and saying it doesn't look any better. I think you'll probably find there's a massive difference.

;4987441']It is a port. I'm not sure you understand what these HD re-releases actually are.

Perhaps you should try getting your PS2 out and playing Silent Hill 2 on it on your big TV, then try playing this again and saying it doesn't look any better. I think you'll probably find there's a massive difference.

Ha owned ;)

Not just time, it would cost a tonne of money to make.

I agree it would cost them a fortune to redo everything in the game. It's HD because of the resolution I don't understand how people expect them to do something like re-texture 2 full games and sell them for 40 bucks. It just doesn't make sense they would have to charge full price for each game with how much that would cost and they already had to pay for new voice actors. These HD ports are good for those of us that have long gotten rid of our PS2s, gamecubes, ect.

I was disappointed with some of the things like framerate issues, some sound problems, and the fog effects in SH2, but overall it was still worth it to play these games again on my 360 rather than having to go out get a used console and copy of both games.

The Resident Evil 4 HD I thought was near flawless I had no problems with that game especially the price I think people as just expecting too much you have to take then for what they are. They are not labeled as being remakes they are ports to play on newer consoles with big screen TVs.

Edited by wordvirus

;4987441']It is a port. I'm not sure you understand what these HD re-releases actually are.

No offense, but you make it seem as though all HD re-releases are simply 1080p upscales. Just take a look at the Metal Gear HD Collection, which was done beautifully.

But I don't seriously expect all HD re-releases to look like that, but I would at least hope they'd run like it.

No offense, but you make it seem as though all HD re-releases are simply 1080p upscales. Just take a look at the Metal Gear HD Collection, which was done beautifully.

But I don't seriously expect all HD re-releases to look like that, but I would at least hope they'd run like it.

They both looked amazing because they were both done by Konami. It just seems Konami doesn't give a shit about Silent Hill anymore as they released such a broken remake.

There's some issues, but I think it looks really great. I've played some HD ports before and I think this one ranks up there near the top. Sure, it has some issues with the levels itself (with removed fog and what not) but I still think it looks good in HD for it's age. The grain is the second is marvelous. Also, to the OP, the resolution isn't even offered at 1080p, if you read the back of the cover the highest it outputs at is 720p.

Also, that comparison is interesting. Thanks for that.

I played the Resident Evil REmake recently on my 32" tv (on my GameCube) and it looked like shit. This is because it's been stretched from its original small aspect ratio upto the huge 1080p. If I wanted to play the original Silent Hill 2 & 3 (ps2/Xbox) on my tv it would also look like shit. What a RERELEASE does is give you the original graphical fidelity and quality, but on a larger scale. Because its not a 'REMAKE', very little changes except for maybe texture upgrades, sound remastering and in this case, new (good) voice-acting (for both games). Unfortunately they didn't retest it for bugs and slo-down (and achievement lag!?!).

From what I hear the Metal Gear Solid rerelease had a lot more time put into it allowing for a higher quality upscale.

None of the bugs are game-breaking (?) so just appreciate what it is: 2 great games for £30 (which in my opinion were the last good survival horror games).

Ps. I really wanna play my sc: chaos theory (Xbox version) but instead I just bought the basic port on Xbox live m/place (for the hd). Any one know it ifs a decent port?

Edited by sleepymexican45

Also, to the OP, the resolution isn't even offered at 1080p, if you read the back of the cover the highest it outputs at is 720p.

Actually it does say 1080p on the back

Also no one was expecting a remake (although gamers get remake and port mixed up) The developers could of done more to improve this hd collection but didn't

Actually it does say 1080p on the back

Also no one was expecting a remake (although gamers get remake and port mixed up) The developers could of done more to improve this hd collection but didn't

Hm... my bad it does. I must've been looking at a different box.

• 3 months later...
LOL.... you really don´t know what is hd collection.... sorry but more and more peoples are dumb or must be 10 years old.....

this is not remake only upscaled version of game which came out 10 years ago......

its an exact port,it has not even been upscaled anywhere..in fact it looks worse than the originals in some places,you may as well of just played the original Xbox version through backwards compatible on the 360

just because it plays in 1080 means fuck all..the HD tag is a complete joke,it should of just been named Silent Hill collection<<not even that actually as they only included two of the games

I got past the whole "fog debacle" thing people were so upset about and still enjoy the SH: HD collection. It's just getting past my anxiety of SH3 now. >_>; *taking it in small doses*

The only thing really that annoyed me was the sound/music issues, and I'm left to assume that it's something that won't be fixed. A good number of sound effects have been changed/omitted/or have a sort of very obvious loop error. I've been doing another playthrough of SH2 and when I was going for the chainsaw (TERRIBLE weapon but achievement) the sound loop was so obvious I practically grimaced.

The graphics of the games are excellent, but they seriously need to fix these audio issues. Wishful thinking, I suppose. People need to remember that it was Team Silent that put all the love and care into the first three games, the people that truly care about their work. Unfortunately they're no longer around and it was then up to Konami, which didn't even care to give the original actors/VAs a penny for their hard work.

And I'm not sure why people would think RE4: HD isn't..HD. It has to be one of the best port jobs I've ever seen. Absolutely no issues or error, beautifully remastered. I seriously don't think the graphics and audio could be any crisper.

Edited by Madame Kennedy