New Info Regarding Rock Band 2 from Game Informer

shiningcheese

I stumbled across a thread in the score hero forums that included hot new scans of Rock Band 2 and the upgraded instruments. Its flashy and all but I highly doubt it is THAT necessary. ill let you see for yourself:

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11340

Take a look at the new limited edition drumset. It is quite ridiculous. But the good news for you drum fanatics out there, it is a standalone drum kit away from rock band. thats right, an electronic drum kit that does double duties as a rock band controller.

Take a look at the new limited edition drumset. It is quite ridiculous. But the good news for you drum fanatics out there, it is a standalone drum kit away from rock band. thats right, an electronic drum kit that does double duties as a rock band controller.

It's only a stand alone drum kit if you add a brain to it. By itself it's just a bunch of practice pads on mounts.

Exactly. But people who actually have talent or perseverance to learn it, this is a good thing.

Oh, I agree. Combined with the expanded drum tutorial, this is a fair entry into drumming for real. I just wanted to make sure it was perfectly clear that extra money would have to be spent to make it into a real electronic kit.

Personally, I wouldn't buy it but i guess people will... Or just buy to resell on ebay

I'll probably get it, just because I'm a geek like that. I already have a e-kit so don't need the drums, but it will be neat to play with it and see how good it is as a real kit. The lack of hi-hat pedal concerns me as to it's usefulness as a full featured e-kit, though.

What I'd really like to see is the ability to hook my e-kit up and use it as the controller for RB2.