Any Black Metal/Death Metal Fans?

Scurvy Curr

Cradle of Filth

Man, I've got almost all of their CDs, I used to love them. Even got Thornography first day cover signed by them.

I sort of stopped listening to most of it though.

Midian and Nymphetamine are still pretty good albums actually.

I've found a new metal band that I'm really liking though, they are called Svartnad and it's sort of Depressive metal.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAs_-LjQG88]YouTube- Svartnad En Studie I Ensamhet[/ame]

I don't know what it is about it, but I really love the album art for the En Studie I Ensamhet EP.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/140/l_a47095413d814bc4a5925e12e7cb548f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Death Metal

Mortician

Cannibal Corpse

Carcass

Arch Enemy (Girl Vocalist!!)

Obituary

Deathcore

Carnifex

Whitechapel

Suicide Silence (There older stuff)

The Acacia Strain

The Red Shore

Misericordiam

Slamming Death Metal

Waking The Cadaver

Katalepsy

Begging For Incest

Ingested

Crepitation

Cerebral Incubation

I listen to lots of other types of metal and bands but they would be too long to list, so here are some of my favorites. (I listen to alot of Grindcore too).

:rock

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT8QmxFzQQk] Youtube - Necrophagist - Seven[/ame]

Edited by Bloo

Death Metal

Mortician

Cannibal Corpse

Carcass

Arch Enemy (Girl Vocalist!!)

Obituary

Deathcore

Carnifex

Whitechapel

Suicide Silence (There older stuff)

The Acacia Strain

The Red Shore

Misericordiam

Slamming Death Metal

Waking The Cadaver

Katalepsy

Begging For Incest

Ingested

Crepitation

Cerebral Incubation

I listen to lots of other types of metal and bands but they would be too long to list, so here are some of my favorites. (I listen to alot of Grindcore too).

First time I heard of Waking the Cadaver being Slam Death Metal haha. Especially sfter their last CD. Holy fuck did they change for the better! Nice list though, glad to see another Ingested fan out there.

I got SLAMMED with new CDs since I've been in the hospital, and I'm just trying to play catch up right now. One CD slipped through the cracks on me that I have in right now and am enjoying is the new Setherial CD. Ekpyrosis. Not bad. Not the greatest, think Marduk meets Dissection, but it's done very well. I should have a review of that up tonight.

And, just because I can, here's the list of all the new shit I got just yesterday :D

1. Abigail Williams: In the Absence of Light (Candlelight)

2. Adverserial: All Idols Fall Before the Hammer (Dark Descent)

3. Angra: Aqua (SPV)

4. Antagonist: World in Decline (Prosthetic)

5. Atrocity ft. Yasmin: After the Storm (Napalm)

6. Ayat: Six Years of Dormant Hatred (Moribund)

7. Black Anvil: Triumvirate (Relapse)

8. Domination Through Ipurity: Masochist (Epitomite)

9. Downspirit: Point of Origin (Metalville)

10. The Empire Shall Fall: Awaken (Restricted Release)

11. Gravewurm: Blood of the Pentagram (Hell's Headbangers)

12. Kickhunter: All In (AFM)

13. Korzus: Discipline of Hate (AFM)

14. Maniac Butcher: Masakr (Negative Existence)

15. The Monolith Deathcult: The White crematorium 2.0 (Epitomite)

16. Noctis Imperium: Nihil (Abyss)

17. October Tide: A Thin Shell (Candlelight)

18. Riotgod: Riotgod (Metalville)

19. The Showdown: Blood in the Gears (EMI)

20. Unearthly Trance: V (Relapse)

21. Valdur: Raven God Amongst Us (self released)

22. Vindicator: The Antique Witcheries (Heavy Artillery)

Also, here's the list of shit I bought myself for my birthday on the 10th snd am waiting to show :D

Annihilator: Carnival Diablos 2010 Reissue (Limited to 200 Blue Vinyl Edition) (Earache)

Blind Guardian: A Voice in the Dark (Digital) (Nuclear Blast)

Blind Guardian: At the Edge of Time (Deluxe Edition) (Pre-order) (Nuclear Blast)

Iron Maiden: The Final Frontier (Mission Edition) (Pre-Order) (EMI)

And, by the way, the new Abigail Williams? I heard some of it, and I'm dying to review it. May do it tonight while I'm awake. It's a lot of Emperor worship, but holy fuck what I heard was sick.

Just reviewed this CD and I gotta say, I wanna slap myself silly for not getting to it sooner.

http://www.apochs.net/CDs/BloodOfKingu-SunInTheHouseOfTheScorpion.jpg

Blood of Kingu is basically the Black Metal Nile. I enjoyed this CD more then most of the material by Melechesh, and that says something!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fgfxzg-1_k]YouTube- Blood of Kingu - Incantation of He Who Sleeps[/ame]

http://www.apochs.net/CDs/BloodOfKingu-SunInTheHouseOfTheScorpion.html

to read my review of it, and you can check out vids on that page too if you click the Google Video Search link. I strongly suggest you guys check it out, this one hit the top of my must buy list whenever I get back to work from the hospital.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone heard of Kalmah? one of my favorite bands but barely anyone in the states listen to them

I have one of their more recent CDs and, if I remember correctly, I wasn't all that impressed. Never even reviewed it and I got it day one it came out, which typically meant it got a review on my site. But, now that you bring them up again, I'll have to give it a spin again sometime.

Born of Osiris and all of the Sumerian Records bands kick alot of ass.

GTFO!!!

No, just kidding, but, BOO is one band I'll NEVER understand the fixation of. I've heard their CDs, I've seen them live, and I seriously cannot stand them. I also don't get them coming out in fucking rap gear. They aren't fucking ghetto. I'm all for being yourself and expressing yourself but, really? When I go to, oh, say, Summer Slaughter, I ain't going to be ballin'.

Sumerian, for me, is hit and miss. They have some damn good acts on there, I'll give them that. I'm a fan of The Faceless. Their first CD was good but their follow up was much better. I have a few of their CDs reviewed and they kept getting worse scores so I quit buying whatever they put out, kinda got stained for me.

By the way, if you like BOO, you might like I Declare War ;)

I discovered a new band!!!

Never thought "Melodic Doom Metal" would sound good, but so far I'm loving the band Mar de Grises. Got their new album from Season of Mist a few weeks back for review and just got to it today since it hits in the States today.

I'll have a link to my review when it goes live, should be in the hour.

You can't kill the metal

The metal will live on

Punk-Rock tried to kill the metal

But they failed, as they were smite to the ground

New-wave tried to kill the metal

But they failed, as they were striken down to the ground

Grunge tried to kill the metal Ha,hahahahaha

They failed, as they were thrown to the ground

Aargh! yaow! [x2]

[singing]

No-one can destroy the metal

The metal will strike you down with a vicious blow

We are the vanquished foes of the metal

We tried to win for why we do not know

New-wave tried to destroy the metal, but the metal had its way

Grunge then tried to dethrone the metal, but metal was in the way

Punk-rock tried to destroy the metal, but metal was much too strong

Techno tried to defile the metal, but techno was proven wrong

Yea!

Metal!

It comes from hell!

http://www.apochs.net/CDs/KingGiant-SouthernDarkness.jpg

King Giant: Southern Darkness

Digging these guys right now. Unsigned band from Virginia. It falls in the Stoner Metal category according to the Archives, but I gotta say it's more Southern Sludge meets Stoner in my eyes. I'm really liking their full-length and am glad I was introduced to this band, so I'm passing the word along to all of you guys.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNF-AcOivMI]YouTube - King Giant - 13 To 1[/ame]

Band's Myspace page

My Review of "Southern Darkness" CD

(writing it now, so hold on if it's not loading)

could say that i do, but it's not quite true

these days i don't like music at all, having been a drummer for 15 years, the last few years since i started to play death metal (actually it's close to a decade now), realising that nobody will actually part with money to come to shows, i grew to despise what i once loved so much

i still sorta listen to a bit, but not much (bit o deicide, 2 cryptopsy tracks [cold hate, warm blood FTW]. thats about it really)

could say that i do, but it's not quite true

these days i don't like music at all, having been a drummer for 15 years, the last few years since i started to play death metal (actually it's close to a decade now), realising that nobody will actually part with money to come to shows, i grew to despise what i once loved so much

i still sorta listen to a bit, but not much (bit o deicide, 2 cryptopsy tracks [cold hate, warm blood FTW]. thats about it really)

You are a very closed minded fool if you think no one will part with money to go to a show. That's more then likely the region you're in. People go to shows, it's just that people are grown up now.

Recently, where I live, the bands Beyond Fallen and Forgotten Legacy were being boycotted by individuals of the local scene. It gained power because of this whole NYDM/PADM horseshit. he felt that if the band wouldn't take the time to come out and see him do Death Metal Karaoke (I respect him but doing vocals to his CD in a bar for your friends is not a live concert) then they are egotistical assholes and no one should go to their shows.

These guys are dedicated musicians to putting on the best show they can, whether it's for 1 person, or 1,000. They practice hard and some of the members do duty with both bands, so that's double the load. Aside that, they're adults. They have jobs. Mortgages. Wives. Children. Bills. I'm tired of hearing everyone saying things like "no one cares anymore" or "they dont' support music". That's not the case. Take me for example. I'm missing a good show Sunday because I'm fucked at work. Can't get the day off. Doesn't mean I don't go to shows, I just gotta pay bills to support myself, pay the rent, put gas in my car, buy groceries, and have a fiancee to worry about since she's out of a job at the moment, so I help her too the best I can.

So, there's one of two reasons why nobody goes to shows. Either they are busy as fucking trying to live, or you suck. Either way, not their fault.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been ages since I've replied in here, but when I heard this tune I thought, who better to appreciate this than some of the dudes in this thread. Anyhow, it's Rob Halford's new project. It's amazing to see a dude in his 50s with a set of pipes like this. Enjoy...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhy3sU0arGw]YouTube - Halford - The Mower[/ame]

Yup I have loved metal since I was 12 (now 30). Cooooer I love a thick slab of girthy riffage with my barrage of skin battery!

Anaal Nathrakh, Decapitated, Gnaw Their Tongues, De Magia Veterum, Nile, Thorns, Hellhammer, Venom, Necrophagist, Cannibal Corpse, Celtic Frost, Frost, Trigger The Bloodshed, Hate Eternal, Triptykon, Goatwhore, Immortal, Mayhem....

• 2 weeks later...

3 inches of blood is like thrasher or something, but I love them. Apostasy is sick, same with Children of Bodom and In flames.. as for deathmetal, Whitechapel and Job for a cowboy are pretty sick.. oh yeah, Dark tranquility is pretty good too. Brutal legend ftw!

EDIT: DETHKLOK, HOW DO I FORGET THEE

Edited by Justaname86

• 4 weeks later...