1000 miles driven achievement....while you SLEEP

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
yeah i raced pikes peak for a few hours and had enough of racing the same track over and over for 8 minutes. Great track but a little redundant, ill take a sleeping achievement on this one

Good job ive got a wired one will try this tonight and see what happens in the morning - got about 6miles for 30mins of donuts so need another 105miles

So maybe 5 hrs might work

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Here's how I did it, it was time consuming but it worked.. on the first teir there's an up-hill race on windy ridge I think it's called. Anyway, go flat out to the second checkpoint, turn around and come back. Rinse, repeat. Your car will top out at about 112 mph, so you race an hour and you hit 100 miles.. easy really, just extremely boring..

This method as well as Pike's Peak Full both net you around 1.5-1.7 miles per minute of play time (depending on how good you are at Pike's Peak) So, this is a good alternative to Pike's Peak if you're getting bored with it.

A couple tips: when going forward just run straight off the edge after checkpoint two where the orange barriers are. If you do it right, you wont hit any bushes and flip the car (which would waste a few seconds of time due to you having to start the car back up again) The game will reset you and you can turn around and go back. This is faster than slamming on the brakes since the game resets you not moving.

Also, when going back to the start line, just keep racing past the start line. You'll get a bit extra road and the game will automatically reset you at the start line pointing the right direction, so no need to turn around!

I estimate that each run gives you about 3 miles in just under 2 minutes (~1:45 by my completely unscientific calculations) ... puts you in at just over 100 miles per hour of doing this.

Pike's Peak seems to net around the same mileage per minute of play if you're averaging around 7:00 to 7:30 per run.

• 2 weeks later...
My statistics says that I've driven 809.16 miles, but I just got my 500 miles achievement. I think my achievement didn't unlock when it has to. Anybody with the same problem?:confused:

The achievement only counts the miles in Career mode, the statistics counts all miles driven in all of the games modes.

• 2 weeks later...

I got this around 1300 miles. I guess i drove more online and in practice mode than I thought....

My strategy was similar to one mentioned above. I kept doing the career hill climb race on Pike's Peak Short on one of the top tiers...maybe 3 or 4. You can pick one of the fastest cars in the game and its the top part of Pike's Peak which is arguably the fastest. It's also much wider and the turns aren't too sharp so you should average over 100 mph. Just before reaching the top, I'd turn around and head back down to the part right before the switchback and repeat until my eyes went numb.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm ridiculously annoyed with this achievement. I have all of the achievements for DiRT other than this one and DiRT 2 is about to come out. I'm at ~1100 miles but I have no way of knowing how many online or tournament race miles I've done... ARG!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's a good call on the sleep play. I have a few hundred miles to go. I have done everything else legit so I may end up doing this last one on my own too, but at the same time, there are just so many things to play on my backlog that I may sleep it so I can focus on others. At this rate, I should finish playing my backlog by the time the Xbox 720 comes out :)

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my 1000 miles achievement (last one I needed) and I did it by going on Pikes Peak, but just before the 2nd to last 180 turn, I would drive that straight away up and down.... over and over and over. I used my fastest car and I think I did about a total of 5-6 30-50 minute runs. NOTE: I had already run through the career once so I had about less than 500 miles under my belt. Glad to finally be finished with this!

• 2 weeks later...

Works a treat if you can restart at the right spot. You want to be able to go off the road just to the left of the long fence and restart about 100m back in the same line, not so you will hit the fence straight ahead or restart further ahead at the side of the fence.

I hit 65mph and clocked about 400 miles in 10 hours.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...