Where to Shoot Tanks

snipingheadshot

Where exactly do you have to shoot tanks to one hit disable them from the front? I know it's possible because it happens regularly, whether it's to me driving or someone in my squad. Even with reactive armor, I have been disabled in one hit from a tank. It's been on maps with only one tank on each team, so I know I'm not getting hit by two tanks. In BF2, I know there was a one hit kill on tanks if you shot it at the right angle under its turret. Does this happen in BF3 as well? I have tried this in empty servers with friends, but it hasn't worked.

Where exactly do you have to shoot tanks to one hit disable them from the front? I know it's possible because it happens regularly, whether it's to me driving or someone in my squad. Even with reactive armor, I have been disabled in one hit from a tank. It's been on maps with only one tank on each team, so I know I'm not getting hit by two tanks. In BF2, I know there was a one hit kill on tanks if you shot it at the right angle under its turret. Does this happen in BF3 as well? I have tried this in empty servers with friends, but it hasn't worked.

its very rare to get one hit disabled from the front. it can happen though, but only if you are boosting. it will never happen if you arent boosting. if you are approaching an area where you know there are other tanks around, just dont take the chance. dont boost and this wont be an issue.

its very rare to get one hit disabled from the front. it can happen though, but only if you are boosting. it will never happen if you arent boosting. if you are approaching an area where you know there are other tanks around, just dont take the chance. dont boost and this wont be an issue.

I will see if this affects it.

You can also get a one hit disable if you hit the 120 mm gun. It is a very small area to hit but it does disable in one shot. If you search the youtube there are a few videos on it, unless it was patched. But likely you are being disabled the way Mr Murda described.

I saw those videos, but shooting there has never worked for me. Tried it again last night to see if it was patched. It's possible that I was missing every shot, but in the videos, they hit it every time.

Yeah, the game's physics engine is really wonky. If you hit a tank in the front that is moving very quickly, it seems to actually detonate in the rear. Or perhaps it's trying to simulate the effect of two fast movie objects colliding. I don't know, but what Murda said is correct.

Drew, as well, it seems that hitting the tanks mantle or main gun can also cause one hit disables.