Achievement Discussion

Shaaady Souljah

Since I don't have all of them I won't make a guide, but some general tips here:

FINAL EMBRACE

You saved the princess.

Good news, THIS DOES NOT REQUIRE YOU TO BEAT IT UNDER 60 MINUTES; it will unlock as soon as you kill Jaffar (sorcerer guy). It is a tough fight, but just get up close so he can't use his magic and will be forced to attempt to fight with the stick. Keep blocking until he swings and misses, and only then attack.

WHOLE AGAIN

You unified the prince and the dark prince.

When you finally get to face the dark prince, press B to put away your sword, and then simply run into him. Easy 20.

UPSIDE DOWN

You drank both inverse potions.

The one potion you can't miss. Drink it, then head right and follow it to the LEFT and you'll come across the other greenie.

THE MOUSE TRAP

You were rescued by the mouse from the trapped corridor.

Just naturally occurs during the game.

FEATHER FALL

You drank the float potion and glided down.

THE GATE KEEPER

You killed the chief guard.

SLICE 'N DICE

You killed a guard with a slicer or a spike trap.

This one does take some luck. In the palace levels, try to force your guy to the outside; to the ledge. There will normally be spikes underneath. During one of the later dungeon levels it is almost impossible not to knock a guy into the spikes once, with all the inevitable retries, but I'm not sure if it counts because a) technically he's already dead and b) I had the achievement beforehand.

SEVEN YEARS

You broke the mirror and freed the dark prince.

In a palace level you'll come across a mirror on your way back. Jump through it and he'll be freed.

THE IMMORTAL

You awakened the immortal in the catacombs.

Occurs very early in the game; don't worry about killing him. He is immortal, after all.

THE LOST WEAPON

You acquired the sword in the prison.

Really, if you need help with this, you wasted your time reading everything above it. It is basically the earliest and easiest achievement you'll come across in the game.

SLICE 'N DICE

You killed a guard with a slicer or a spike trap.

This one does take some luck. In the palace levels, try to force your guy to the outside; to the ledge. There will normally be spikes underneath. During one of the later dungeon levels it is almost impossible not to knock a guy into the spikes once, with all the inevitable retries, but I'm not sure if it counts because a) technically he's already dead and b) I had the achievement beforehand.

Something I found that helped.. When you successfully block a strike, as long as you are moving towards the attacker, you will push them just slightly in that direction. I managed to knock a guy into some spikes without ever having to actually attack him. I just constantly blocked.

How long does it take to get full 200 gamerscore? and how hard are the achievements? Thanks for your time!
Clear up a Saturday or something. I really do hate this game, but I just had to get through it; it was that frustrating. I beat it in one sitting, but it probably took close to four hours in total. You'll almost certainly get 150 in a runthrough with minimal nosing around (except for perhaps the upside down achievement, but that's easy), and perhaps another 25 for the potion one, now that there is almost inevitably a guide somewhere, but if you have to ask, you will NEVER get the "Survivor" achievement. Never.

thats what i want to no
If you have to ask it's not a practical issue. Only a handful of people in the world have all 200, and I'd be willing to be that each one of them had given the old Prince a spin before. The other 175 is achievable in about 3 to 5 hours, depending on how well the game clicks with you your first try. You get a lot of value for $10, but there really is nothing after to keep you going unless you really want the Survival achievement. By the way, you have to beat the game first to unlock that mode. To be honest, for 25 points, it's not worth it.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...