People more skilled in the evenings ???

Everything has to do with who you are playing against, the host could be from another country so the connection will be a tad off.

You know thats a great point...

When I play in the afternoons, its eveing somewhere else...maybe the lag has something to do with that...I never thought of that.

That makes sense. This is why I love this site!!

I can be playing great and, whether or not we win, i'll be staying around +15-+30, then i'll hit a wall and, even if it's the exact same players, i start barely going positive, or even going negative. i think it has to do with how long i've been playing and my eyes start to get tired and i don't see the far off guys as well...

Just wondering what your thoughts on this are, me and a mate of mine play online togerther alot usually in the evenings. He made a statement saying that people that play this game online in the evenings are better than people that play during the day. I put this to the test today and found out that he was right, playing before 18.00 (im from the U.K) my K/D ration was something like 25/0, 18/3, 19/5 and so on. Past 18.00 it was more like this 12/14, 6/12, 11/13 and so on worse than before. Does anyone else find that this is true ?

I figured this out on CoD 4, usually it's because past 18:00pm, it's like morning to mid-day in America, and generally players from U.S are more skilled on a wider range compared to UK players.

I think it's all physcological for example I play poorly with friends but play better with a mic. I preffer my light on. I don't like having a clan tag as I believe I do poorly. I only like certain callsigns or else I do poorly.

All in your head.

Maybe, I mean I have preferences too and I feel like I play poorly without them, e.g light on, music needs to be on.

• 1 year later...

My first thought is that in the evening (4PM-9PM) is when most people are off work/school so there is a higher chance of people partying up with their friends. I think we all know that a team that communicates with each other is a deadly force. When you're fighting a team like that then your K/D is going to be mighty low.

Second thought is that you might be stressed from work/school in the evening so you can't get into the "zone".

• 2 weeks later...
Fairpoint, but if you use your on timezone for example do you find a difference ?

Personally I don't think it comes down to skill and here is why ..

When I work nights, on my nights off if I play xbox I usually end up playing ALOT of Americans and noticed I was getting more deaths and hits markers or hits not actually hitting when they couldn't have been more on target if I was stood directly infront of them lol .. So I put it down to the Latency, the game engine isn't that bad so it's not a valid excuse IMO.

During the day you play with more Europeans than Americans/Aussies ( and vice versa ) ect due to the timezone so latency isn't so much of a problem. American hosting a 6v6 when you're the only European in the lobby sucks for your KD lol ..

It's another reason why consoles should have dedi's these days

Also I find the noobtubing / that annoying shit, depends on the player not the time, my fix to this is to put my sniper away and use an SMG for a game or two to rape them until they quit out ;)

People late at night on CoD, Halo, etc. are usually trying to troll people who are cranky at night or are tring to pull an all nighter, usually with friends. If you can get a party of friends, amp up on some sweets or energy drinks, and play all night, you can get some bargained kills.

( And yes, me and my friends have pulled this off, me getting 500 kills in one night with just the AK-47 and unlocking it in one night.)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...