lantern run - am I missing somethibg?

Been doing lantern runs solo and usually I can get pretty far, however the power up droppers seem to give me only armour 9 times out of 10.. So when I get to the blackhole arena or chasing lights with only a 2 or 3 point gun I get swamped.

Its frustrating to get an armour drop yet again when I am max health and armour, is it truely random and are gun power ups that rare??

Best attempt is around the 800k mark. :(

If anyone wants to try and do it with me add me: deadcroft.

However I feel I could manage alone if I get the 4th gun power up more often!

I have had the same experience going solo and it is really frustrating. On the run I just did, I didn't even get my first weapon upgrade until the arena with the blue snakes (the 5th arena?!). I had full shields already by the second arena. It's so disheartening to see shield upgrade after shield upgrade when I already have full ******* shields, damn it!!!! One path between arenas had three upgrades. Unsurprisingly, all three were shield upgrades for my already fully upgraded and full health shields.

Multiplayer didn't interest me, whenever I did manage to find a group they sucked and either rushed en masse to the power ups like hungry pigs and end up with 1 each or got in each others way and caused us to fail by room 3.

I finally managed to do it solo after it gave me all 4 gun power ups before the black hole room.

46th in the world on solo play which isn't amazing but at least I got both lantern run ach's by myself and I'm not the greatest at this game so keep at it dudes.. its definately possible.

(I tried switching to my gun just before I reached the power up droppers and it seemed to give me more gun power ups, but I think it might be entirely coincidental!)

I finally got it on solo too. I only got my weapon upgraded to the three-shot, but it carried me through. I did get upgraded to the 4-shot near the end, but by then I didn't need it as much anymore because I was working through the chambers where you navigate through the little fireballs. I ended up ranking 10th in the world for 1 player lantern run, woohoo!

For me, the hardest part was with the three enemies that try to suck you in with their tongues. Whenever that came up, I wouldn't be able to free myself from all three in time to pull my lantern away. They'd just start sucking me in again. Also it would sometimes glitch and fling me into the mouth where I would get stuck in place. That was so annoying, but fortunately, I didn't have to face that section on my final run.

Edited by Pirateogta

:eek: wow solo? I could never do it solo.

Try it. It's not as hard as you might think. When you're alone you get all the upgrades to yourself. There's no one to slow you down or get in your way. As long as you get lucky and acquire the weapon upgrades early on, you should be able to get pretty far.