Fire controller achievement? wtf

undergr3nades

Alright, here is my thread complaining about this achievement.

I've played roughly 10 hours online, and not once have I come close to reaching the 600 points needed to acquire all 7 offensive supports.

If you've gotten this, and/or at least close, how did you do it?

I'm not one to sit back and snipe, but I guess I may have too seeing as this is the only achievement I'm worried about not getting.

(I'm not rubbish at this game either, KD spread is roughly K:700 D:350

slow and steady wins the race.

From what i've gathered, it's best done on "Sector Control". You camp out somewhere and basically you spawnrape the enemy. Someone on these forums said he did it by parking himself by an ammo box that was by the enemy spawn and just popping them as they appeared. And he was a rifleman, so do it that way and pray someone doesn't get you i guess. If you're a good sniper, you could try "Combat Mission" and just be super careful you don't get picked off yourself, i got to the guided missile thing that way.

The best mission i've found to do it on, whilst sitting back and "camping" is the level that has planes all over, and tanks.. unsure the name, but its a huge abandoned airfield. I typically can get quite a bit on that level... the others... bleh.

You mean the Combat Mission level where Americans get a tank and you have to break into a hanger? Is it easier as OPFOR or American troops?

I got the game a few hours ago. I have the ribbon/medal thing in game for getting the 7th score chain reward but not the achievement (The only time I know I came close the game ended so I probably didn't call it in).

I did this in the TDM mode. Just find the enemy spawn, set up camp near it and base rape.

This will be a tough one to get....... my idea is to use the defensive support action until i get an offensive one that i haven't used yet. the beauty of that is as you get the higher score chains.... the points you get scale up..... hopefully you dont need to use each action in one round......

I got it playing the domination type mode,i would capture flags when i thought it was safe,since you get points for capturing that add toward the streaks,i would then camp a flag and kill anyone who would try to take it,used deffensive actions to build up my score chain and eventually i got it,its pretty much impossible to get it while rushing or just playing team deathmatch.

Edited by ONSLAUGHT o

i boosted. anytime i even got near this i had a god damned mortar drop out of nowhere or a sniper shoot my arm and kill me. try find some boosters on the capture the flag type, use all killstreaks when gotten ( flag capture = 20 points ) and voila. at the end of the round there it is.

oh and don't use the killstreaks ON the boosters just put them on the other side of the map, don't wanna anger peaple to have them kill you when you're so close to that 600 ;)

The best one to do it in is the one with desert. Where you have to capture one base at a time. You have to play offense. You stay back and just snipe. JUST SNIPE! It's easier to spot them then they spotting you when you play offense. But you will get it. I got mine. :D

The 'one' with the desert? You do know this game is set in Afghanistan, right? They're ALL friggin' deserts.

it get's easier the more killstreaks you get to, for example the best i've got yet is the 4th killsteak, so now i use defensive killsteaks for the first 4 i recieve as you get points for defensive, for example:

50 points for 1st killsteak, use defensive you get an extra 30 points so you only need another 2 kills for your next killstreak, doing it this way i got up to almost 300 points in the space of about 5 minutes.

My friend was 1 streak away from getting this the other night playing Sector Control on Diwagal Camp, and just as he dropped the artillery strike, the game was over. I told him the next night that he was so close, so he had another chance playing Combat Mission (attackers) on Mazar-I-Sharif Airfield. He was using either Rifleman or Special Ops class, and had dropped every air strike possible and never got the Cruise Missle. After breaking through the hangar and moving just passed the capture point of the hangar, he finally got one more shot and had the Cruise. He dropped it on the enemies and got like like kills with it. What a beautiful site it was, but.....he did not get the achievement at the end of the game.

His score was 985 with 29/1-K/D

His first death was at the very beginning while attacking the entrance gate, but he got all the kill streaks without dying. The achievement says to use all Offensive at least once. Is there a certain pattern to this? Will they stack if he uses others in another game? This is ONE damn lame ass achievement.

Edited by [ Vehemence ]

i boosted. anytime i even got near this i had a god damned mortar drop out of nowhere or a sniper shoot my arm and kill me. try find some boosters on the capture the flag type, use all killstreaks when gotten ( flag capture = 20 points ) and voila. at the end of the round there it is.

oh and don't use the killstreaks ON the boosters just put them on the other side of the map, don't wanna anger peaple to have them kill you when you're so close to that 600 ;)

I was wondering how you can get in sync with another player or players of the opposite team to work with you? Cause I don't think I have the patience to try to get this chivo the legit way. Thank you