Missing Something for 100%? Post here for help.

hi i'm missing one student and they are my last gold brick before i can get voldermort. i've got all the students in the story mode it's in teh free mode that i can't find them i've looked everywhere using the walkthroughs that i've found on the internet that tell where they are and how to save them. but nothing. i don't want to start again any help would be welcome.

- Did the student in the back of herbology glitch on you? The one where you have to remove the screaming plant and then he will come out of a little alcove? That one has been known to glitch/most people miss it ALOT.

- The student under the right side of charms get missed alot and I believe people have said it glitched.

- Did you FOR SURE get the one in Hagrid's Garden? I personally missed that one and have seen quite a few people on here miss it. The reason is that they don't complete the saving... the student will end up in a picnic basket and unless you WL that picnic basket away the student does not count as saved.

- Check the TT areas....

That's all I can think of for now. GL mate!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah... reviving a dying thread again....

i have 98.8% completed

166/167 characters assuming this is voldy

20/20 red bricks

50/50 students in peril

24/24 true wizard/hogwarts crests

and....

199/200 gold bricks

the gold brick detector isnt going off anywhere.... please help....

ps. what is this guide you have been speaking of in previous post...

yeah... reviving a dying thread again....

i have 98.8% completed

166/167 characters assuming this is voldy

20/20 red bricks

50/50 students in peril

24/24 true wizard/hogwarts crests

and....

199/200 gold bricks

the gold brick detector isnt going off anywhere.... please help....

ps. what is this guide you have been speaking of in previous post...

That would be the collectible guide that Radiant Viper made. It's the second sticky at the top of the 1st page.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=240369

Did you build all structures under Leaky Cauldron?

Did you do ALL ALL ALL bonus levels under Gringotts?

Did you check the TT areas?

Did you get the one in Burgin and Burkes? (the place where the Voldemort bonus level is)

Go to the guide and follow it step by tedious step...

If all that fails you may have the clocktower glitch... in which case I am really sorry!

Yep all atructures done

all bonus levels in gringots are done

all the time turner areas are done

borgin and burks isnt done cos i need too bricks... right?

As for the clock tower glitch.... i am sure i have collected the bricks from there... and my detector doesnt go off there... it doesnt go off anywhere.... time to get a xopy of the guide i think....

Yep all atructures done

all bonus levels in gringots are done

all the time turner areas are done

borgin and burks isnt done cos i need too bricks... right?

As for the clock tower glitch.... i am sure i have collected the bricks from there... and my detector doesnt go off there... it doesnt go off anywhere.... time to get a xopy of the guide i think....

There is a brick in Borgin and Burks that you can get... not the Bonus level place. Or it might be in Knockturn Alley... been years since I played it. Either way the indicator should go off...

Also... you got the one in the character shop in Diagon Alley that involves sweeping up the floor? It's the place where you buy the characters. You hop on the broom vehicle and ride it around to sweep up piles of owl droppings. That is a very commonly missed one.

So yeah... other than that... get the guide. GL mate!

yeah was on a random run through of hogwarts as i knew that was where the brick had to be and was wandering around the grounds checked in hagrids garden and the locator started blinking like mad.... wiggled the camera around and there it was floating above me so now i have 100% the game just need those last few achievements now....

thanks for the help guys =]

i'm missing 1 gold block and one student in peril i know the gold block is the student. i've got all the students from the story mode and i've look round hogwarts loads and can't find them. i've used maps and guides off this site and read it all i've it looks like i've got all the students any one know of any hidden students or any idea where thay might be?

i'm missing 1 gold block and one student in peril i know the gold block is the student. i've got all the students from the story mode and i've look round hogwarts loads and can't find them. i've used maps and guides off this site and read it all i've it looks like i've got all the students any one know of any hidden students or any idea where thay might be?

Hagrid's Garden - The one in the picnic basket. You haven't got it unless the picnic basket is no longer there.

Behind Herbology - There is one that is getting yelled at by the plant. Sometimes its been known to glitch... the plant will get pulled away but the student will not leave and so it doesn't count.

-Check all TT areas.

Finally, and I know you said you did it, print Radiant's guide, and go down it SiP by SiP and don't check it off unless you know you have it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm facing the polyjuice classroom glitch. Every time I go from Leaky Cauldron to Hogwarts, it takes me there and I'm stuck.

Is there a different way to get into Hogwarts so I can collect the remaining characters?

(Sorry if I missed the solution in an earlier post...)

I'm facing the polyjuice classroom glitch. Every time I go from Leaky Cauldron to Hogwarts, it takes me there and I'm stuck.

Is there a different way to get into Hogwarts so I can collect the remaining characters?

(Sorry if I missed the solution in an earlier post...)

I honestly don't remember that one.... really sorry bro. I'll do some research and see if I can find anything. Let me know if you solve it so I can remember in case someone else asks.

OK... just found this on Gamefaqs... Not sure if this is your problem exactly. But here is the exact text.

POLYJUICE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I just had the same problem as you, my friend and I played thru the polyjuice potion level together and none of the gold cauldrons were unlocked. But, when I tried to watch this so called movie so many people were talking about, it didn't work. Thats because I was watching the wrong movie in the theater! Don't play thru the Crabb and Goyle level, and don't watch the movies that are titled "Crabbe and Goyle". scroll thru the movies until you get to a clip titled "Polyjuice Potion Intro". Those exact words! and as soon as the movie loads, an icon should come up announcing that you unlocked the polyjuice potion and gained a gold block. Then, when you return to the game, you will end up in the potions classroom with a pot of pre-made polyjuice potion. Try drinking it, choose Justin Finch-Fletchley, and go to the back of the classroom where there should be an open door. Simply walk through that door, and it should take you back to whatever level you were previously stuck on, or trying to solve. True the portraits in the potions room don't do anything, but you don't need them anyway! This is what happened to me, so I hope this will help you fix your glitch too! Thanks :) Credit to: Hermy_Geek on Gamefaqs

This is the link to the forum in case you want to peruse the rest of the thread, but that is the only solution I saw on there.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960495-lego-harry-potter-years-1-4/55421611?page=1

Edited by Grimfel

That's the post that I used to get the polyjuice potion to begin with -- apparently if you watch the video in multiplayer, you get stuck in the classroom.

The door to the bottom-left is open - and I can walk into a hollowed out area, but it never leaves the room area - like the "door portal" is gone or something.

Pre-patch ages ago I was able to get into Hogwarts by ??? I've forgotten. :( Either watching a different video or finishing a free-play level, the game would freeze a few screens in and would never save my newer Hogwarts position even if I went back to the Leaky Cauldron. (each time I would return after that - I would be stuck in the potions room)

My *hope* was that the patch fixed either the location-saving or the freezes, so I can collect the last of my stuff and move on to 5-7. But I can't figure out how to get there ... unless that was part of the 'fix'...

That's the post that I used to get the polyjuice potion to begin with -- apparently if you watch the video in multiplayer, you get stuck in the classroom.

The door to the bottom-left is open - and I can walk into a hollowed out area, but it never leaves the room area - like the "door portal" is gone or something.

Pre-patch ages ago I was able to get into Hogwarts by ??? I've forgotten. :( Either watching a different video or finishing a free-play level, the game would freeze a few screens in and would never save my newer Hogwarts position even if I went back to the Leaky Cauldron. (each time I would return after that - I would be stuck in the potions room)

My *hope* was that the patch fixed either the location-saving or the freezes, so I can collect the last of my stuff and move on to 5-7. But I can't figure out how to get there ... unless that was part of the 'fix'...

Maybe uninstall ALL patches... try it then. Can't you do a manual save once you are out? Sorry but it's been AGES since I played this game so I don't remember the nuances.

Really sorry I can't be more helpful mate.... I know this is brutal.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm having some serious issues tracking down the last few characters....

I need Professor Flitwick, Angelina Johnson, Voldemort (I'm assuming he shows up when you have all the gold bricks?), and Draco (Sweater)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check the Collectibles Guide. It's the best way to find missing stuff.

Flitwick is in the underground Charms area. Angelina is in the Small Courtyard (check the map in the Guide). Draco (Sweater) is in level 3-2 Hogsmeade.

- Chris

I'm having some serious issues tracking down the last few characters....

I need Professor Flitwick, Angelina Johnson, Voldemort (I'm assuming he shows up when you have all the gold bricks?), and Draco (Sweater)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also Voldemort IS after you get the 200 bricks. But yeah... collectibles guide is where it's at.

Hi, I beat Voldemort in the last mission, but the door to his office Dombledor are still closed. Someone tell me why this is happening?

You mean the door to Dumbledore's office?

This is from the Gamefaqs forum. As far as I can remember this is correct.

Here is the link in case you want to further look: http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/960493-lego-harry-potter-years-1-4/answers?qid=215503

It's not the quidditch paintings that switch the stairs, it's the other ones. You may need to jump and shoot it to hit it.

Rated: +0 / -0

light the candles next to the entrance and then use wingardium leviosa to get the statue to turn so you can go up it. and Kratos15354 is correct.

I can walk into the office but when I go through the first door to the living room to play in them are more closed where the professor: (

I'm sorry mate but that sentence made no sense to me... can you be a little more specific about what the issue that you are having is?

• 2 weeks later...

I created an account here JUST so I could post my question. I'm getting pretty frustrated.

So, I'm playing this on a Mac, but I figure the game itself is the same on all consoles..

I'm trying to get Gilderoy Lockhart Green Jacket, but whenever I go to Hagrid's Hut in freeplay mode, it goes to the cutscene where Ron throws up slugs. I could have sworn I already did this and got the original gold brick (or whatever you get) above the cooking pot. When I go back, there is an unmade salt shaker that I CANNOT make.

Pretty sure I've run into the glitch where there are four pieces to the salt shaker instead of three, as there is one in midair that is identical to one on the ground, and the last, smallest piece won't attach to it.

However, I'm not sure that's entirely relevant here. The flashing white arrow indicates that there is something in the chest to the right of the screen which has a silver lock on it. But after I break open the lock, nothing comes out. I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to use reducto, but the chest doesn't open, and I can't use any spells on it. Does this scene have more than one glitch?! Also, whenever I exit the game (even after it autosaves after I leave the garden), and return to Hagrid's Hut when I open it up again, it goes to the cutscene again as if I hadn't seen it before. Wtf?

This would have to be the only part in the entire game that is glitchy, which makes me mad because I'm at around 96% complete.

Is there any possible workaround here?

• 2 months later...

Okay I am stuck on 99.9%

I have all gold and red bricks, all characters, all spells, all students in peril, all crests, all true wizards, beat all tutorials and bonus levels,

what did I miss?

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot to buy one red brick.

Edited by WolfWood37

• 1 month later...

I'm stuck on 98.4%

I have all gold, red bricks, students, crests, true wizards, completed tutorials and bonus levels. Bought all characters from the shop, also the 12 gold bricks.

Is there something else i need to finish, maybe collecting more studs or building something?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Edit: Bought the rest of perks from daigon alley shop

Edited by gearsaddicted4life
Unlocked the rest of red bricks, from the shop upstairs