Hardcore Mode Saves Thread

josherpillage

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 8 - beginning of chapter next to the store

Chapter 13 - right after you send Ellie away, next to the elevator that takes you down to the drill crash site

Chapter 15 - the store/bench/save room right before you go outside to run the gauntlet to the marker.

Hilarious that I let Tiedemann kill me because I wasn't tapping :abut: fast enough. No biggie, that's the only section I have to complete now.

Save on:

Chap. 3 - before u go upside down with the train scene

Chap. 9 - the beginning of Chap. nine

Chap. 12 - before drill ride; only died once because I timed running lasers wrong.

For boss fight I took 7 pieces of health (med. & small), force gun that was not fully upgraded. Only upgraded for damage 2 or 3 times and had adv. suit that gave 25 slot inventory. Almost upgraded cutter but was four nodes shy. Shot the heart or what ever its called with the cutter it only took 2 clips to end fight. Used force gun on bratty kids and boss lady. I never really moved or ran around. She always came straight to me. Its finally over now I can grow my hair back again.

:uzi:Hard To The Core:locked

1. Chapter 5 before the gunship/tormentor cutscene

2. Chapter 10 before the double brute hallway

3. Chapter 13 before spinning lasers

Some people managed to brave the majority of the first 7 chapters without dying, I died twice trying mine and both were before chapter 7 so for those like me I recommend saving here. The last few chaoters are fairly easy I bought as many nodes a spossible had a fully upgraded FG and a near upgraded plasma cutter up until the last store and bench.

I then respeced the plasma cutter and force gun and fully upgraded the contact beam and partially upgraded force gun for the last run (contact beam's special stasis area attack is a god-send) and then annihalated the final boss.

Today ,I finally did it on the Hardcore.Fuuuuuu.

OK

Saves:

Chapter 5 - after cryo-rooms.

Chapter 10 - Ishimura ,before two Brutes.

Chapter 13 - after Ellie send out.

Weapons:

Plasma Cutter - upgrade to the max

Line gun - upgrade only primary shots and capacity + wide

Plasma rifle - upgrade only primary fire and capacity

I used Patrol Seeker rifle from DLC Severed for first , then (Chapter 13) Hacker contact beam from DS: Ignition (upgrade secondary fire to the max and primary fire only capacity and charge)

...of course RIG was half upgraded and Stasis to the max.

Suits:

Patrol suits armor whole time from Severed DLC.

It was hard especialy on the chapter 15 (near the Marker, Regenator on the back and too many aggresive necros), but now I am done and finally get good dreams :)

• 1 month later...

HOORAY, I've finally finished!!

This was quite daunting, especially since it took me about 5 tries to make it to my first save point... "Issac, heeeellllooooooo Issac." SHUT UP NICOLE! :)

1. At the beginning of chapter 5.

2. Near the end of chapter 9.

3. Chapter 13, just after getting into the Earth Gov sector and letting the Necros in.

13 to the end actually wasn't too bad. 14 and 15 were a breeze with the fully upgraded Force gun!

Thanks to DreamDevice's hardcore tips, totally invaluable!

Ch 5 right before bulletstorm cut scene

Ch 9 beginnning; had a tough time with 8

Ch 13 after Ellie cut scene

Would have saved last save until later in 13 but didn't want to risk progress. Had a tough time in 14 with stupid deaths...

• 2 weeks later...

First save - Beginning of chapter 4

For me the hardest part was getting past the train part. After this it was pretty easy up to my save. I didn't want to risk seeing the opening scene and train again so I saved early.

Second save - Just before the zero gravity part on chapter 8

The more the game went on the easier it seemed to get though my confidence led to a cheap death deep into chapter 9 so I decided to save before the zero gravity bit as it made me nervous flying through the machinery.

Third save - Just before the drill ride on chapter 12

As I said before the more I played the more confident I was especially now that I had a fully upgraded forcegun and plenty of dollars rolling in so ammo was never an issue nor were health packs as I had accumulated quite alot and rarely got hit. By the end I had almost 40 at the beginning of chapter 14. I never had to buy a health pack so all my money went into nodes and force gun ammo.

First: Chapter 12 before Drill

Second: Chapter 13 before Eye Machine

Third: Chapter 15 before Boss

I have yet to defeat the boss. But need some sleep now. Will try again tomorrow :). Was a breeze so far, apart from the boss^^

EDIT: Hoo effin Haa I'm Hard to the Core :)

Edited by headdragon

So, what I am going to do it take the responses to this thread (as best as I can, I may make a mistake or accidentally miss a response), aggregate them together, crunch the numbers and figure, and find what save instances have the biggest population.

I count 75 suggestions so far. I'll first calculate the chapters used the most, and then break that down further. I didn't round up, took whole numbers only. Again, responses are from this thread only, and no other threads or sites.

If someone wants to expand on it with standard deviations, and bell curves and what not, please do!

Game Breakdown

Save 01

Chapter 01: x 01 (01%)

Chapter 02: x 01 (01%)

Chapter 03: x 03 (04%)

Chapter 04: x 07 (09%)

Chapter 05: x 38 (50%)

Chapter 06: x 04 (05%)

Chapter 07: x 07 (09%)

Chapter 08: x 03 (04%)

Chapter 09: x 05 (06%)

Chapter 10: x 02 (02%)

Chapter 11: x 03 (04%)

Chapter 12: x 01 (01%)

So first save should be somewhere in Chapter 5 based on general consensus (and a rather large margin I might add).

Save 02

Chapter 07: x 03 (04%)

Chapter 08: x 09 (12%)

Chapter 09: x 22 (29%)

Chapter 10: x 16 (21%)

Chapter 11: x 13 (17%)

Chapter 12: x 02 (02%)

Chapter 13: x 10 (13%)

The major seems to be for Chapter 9, with the second majority wanting to stick it out to chapter 10. I'll note them both.

Save 03

Chapter 10: x 01 (01%)

Chapter 11: x 05 (06%)

Chapter 12: x 11 (14%)

Chapter 13: x 43 (57%)

Chapter 14: x 06 (08%)

Chapter 15: x 09 (12%)

The overwhelming majority is the final save should be in chapter 13.

Chapter Breakdown

Note, i am going by individual descriptions and trying to infer as best as I can. If some of the responses or synonymous, that's my bad since I don't know the game 100% of when something happens. Also, some responses

Chapter 5

I had 34 worthwhile responses.

Before Diana Dies: x 11

Beginning: x 07

After to Cryo Rooms: x 06

Before the Cryo Rooms: x 04

Before the Tormentor: x04

Before Being Dragged into the chapel: x 01

Before final cutscene: x 01

Biggest repose is before the girl who is playing you like a fiddle, dies. Of note, the chick who voice acts Diana is bloody gorgeous.

Chapter 09

Start of Chapter: x 11

Before the Stalkers/Tripod Nest: x 08

After Ellie and Stross in the Tram: x 02

Before the Processing Plant: x 01

Most seemed to prefer the start of the chapter, but quite a few waited until the stalker/tripod area. Many responses seemed to convey killing the stalkers, backtracking, saving, and then going to the tripods.

Chapter 13

Before the eye poke machine: x 18

After the soldiers are overran: x 06

Beginning: x 06

After sending Ellie off: x 02

Before facing the immortal necromorph: x 01

I had a crappy time with the eye poke machine on casual!

So there we go, my attempt to aggregate the responses to see where the majority of saves were placed. So now, let's see if I can take these metrics and do it myself! :uzi:

Just take into account, if you can get to the end of the first disc without saving, like myself, the game automatically checkpoints you when you switch discs. So ideally you get 4 saves with this method. But, the game won't save when you swap discs, so you need to have made one save before switching off your console.

• 1 month later...

Have the game on loan so I gotta work fast. Finished Normal today, gonna start Hardcore tomorrow. I happy enough when you get the Pulse Rifle in Chapter 2, but Martial Law gives you an even better one AND the suit with more damage....although I do wonder about the Javelin Gun, since the ammo is so cheap.

Save 1 will be Chapter 5 before meeting Daina, and the second Tripod sequence.

I'm not sure about the second.

Save 3 will either be right before the Regenerating necro (13), or if I'm not feeling confident, before the drill ride.

Edited by CIF

Making it to the second disc before saving helps SOOOOOOO MUCH.

Save 1: Before stalkers + exploders in Chapter 9.

Save 2: After sending Ellie away in Chapter 13.

Save 3: Not long after eye poke and Regenerator in Chapter 14.