Games you keep coming back to?

TVthePunisher

Been awhile since I popped a thread in here. So...basically I picked up Spyro the Dragon again, along with the sequel Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage. I've probably come back to this game over 10 times in my life, but I can't be certain just how many. I've owned it off and on throughout the years but I always find myself returning...collecting all the gems, all dragons, 100%ing the whole thing.

Another game that I can record as my most bought and sold title is Space Station Silicon Valley. Somehow, I don't know how exactly, I've had this game in my possession over 7 times. Each time I sell it...and each time I rebuy it. It could be due to circumstances in the past (I was a sub-collector, I built up a collection only to end up selling it because I didn't know how to "save money for a game" or my ex-wife wanted extra cash so I had to part with my games...) but since maturing into a fulltime collector, nothing has been sold for over 2 years and will stay that way. When I do end up buying this again (which I almost did a few weeks back), I'll play it and it'll be shelved until the next time I'm ready to go at it again.

So...my story aside, how about the rest of you? I know I've got more games and I'll probably post them later but let's see what everyone else has first.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jak 3 on the PS2. I have held on to the game for a long time due to fond memories. Before I bought the HD collection for the PS3 I would occasionally hook up my PS2 and play for a bit.

Diddy kong racing on the N64. I like this game more than Mario Kart. Always had fun playing it. Never beat wiz pig personally, its something I want to do though. I revisited this one not too long ago, still tons of fun albeit easier now. Maybe I will get around to beating Wiz pig

...or my ex-wife wanted extra cash so I had to part with my games...

No wonder she's the ex :p

Other than the Forza series which kinda requires you to come back to it now and then, I think most of the games I revisit tend to be retro. I reckon I may have played Hitman: Bloodmoney about 5 or 6 times though.

Super Mario bros. Don't know why but the game has something special.

Maybe because it's one of the first games I've ever played.

Mario Kart is another game for me.

On the Xbox360 I keep returning to Trials Evolution. After a while I get anoyed because I can't complete a level but after a while I get back on it.

One of the games I keep coming back to is Doom. It's one of my all-time favorites, and its XBLA revival got me playing it more and more. The sequel, Doom II, is even better, even with the XBLA-exclusive episode No Rest For the Living. With all of the Halos and Call of Dutys in the world, it's easy to forget the game that led to their existence in the first place. It's a shame that Wolfenstein 3-D got de-listed, but fortunately I was able to download it before this happened.

Another game that I find myself firing up time and time again is Sacred 2. Not a lot of people know about this game, but it's a fun Diablo-style RPG. A massive game world, 6 different classes with dozens of different abilities, loads of weapons and loot to collect and some pretty cool music (including a guest appearance from the power metal band Blind Guardian). Next to Torchlight, it's probably the closest we'll ever get to Diablo on consoles.

Yessir! Skipping cutscenes and codec calls you could beat the game in three or four hours.

Easily my favorite game of all time.

MGS2 can be done pretty quick as well, I would know (had to beat it 5 times over for the Great Dane achievement). But some good shit there =)

If anyone knows me from the old "Post Your Gaming Collection" thread and the new one, I'm a Resident Evil Collector. So I have A LOT of games from that series and I've played many of the multiple times through. REmake (Resident Evil on Gamecube) is probably my most played, with Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City being my next most played. Resident Evil 5 is certainly up there and one might look at me asking "WHY?! WHY ORC OF ALL GAMES?!"...the co-op experience. It's actually that good to me + it's Resident Evil themed. Besides...I've 1500'd the game on two tags and then did the PC version (1000'd) on my main tag ;>_> I kind of like it.

Back around 2004-2007 I used to do a Resident Evil Marathon every year starting on July 23rd with Resident Evil 0. I went in chronological order from there...so it ended up looking like this:

RE0

RE1 (Director's Cut)

REmake

RE3: Nemesis (until Jill is knocked out by Nemesis)

RE2

RE3: Nemesis (remainder of game)

RESurvivor

REC:VX

RE: Dead Aim

RE4

I did one more after RE5 released and included Umbrella Chronicles as well as the first Outbreak in the marathon. When I'm ready I'll do another marathon, this time probably recording it for Youtube biznass.

I'll include more games in the next post =)

MGS2 can be done pretty quick as well, I would know (had to beat it 5 times over for the Great Dane achievement). But some good shit there =)

Oh yeah. I've beaten all three of the main series multiple times.

MGS4 would be with them, but I still haven't gotten around to buying a PS3.

Did beat it in one sitting at a friend's house, though. Took around fourteen hours.

Curse my responsibilities.

Fifa. I keep going back to it. (Not for achievements. I got all the ones I'm gonna get for this game.) It's part of the reason my backlog moves so slowly. The main ones over the years have been Fifa 99 (N64), Fifa 07 (PS2), Fifa 10 (360) and currently Fifa 12 (360).

Diddy kong racing on the N64. I like this game more than Mario Kart. Always had fun playing it. Never beat wiz pig personally, its something I want to do though. I revisited this one not too long ago, still tons of fun albeit easier now. Maybe I will get around to beating Wiz pig

It might just be that I was older when I played it, but that game was FAR easier when I played it on DS. On the 64 I remember having trouble with the 2nd Dragon race. Don't think I ever beat it. On the DS that and everything else was a breeze.

It might just be that I was older when I played it, but that game was FAR easier when I played it on DS. On the 64 I remember having trouble with the 2nd Dragon race. Don't think I ever beat it. On the DS that and everything else was a breeze.

Never played it myself, but I heard the DS version was heavily altered from the original.

Also on the 360 I keep returning to Dark Souls, Yugioh 5D Decade Duels and Minecraft. I just play them when I don't have anything else to play.

Super Mario bros. Don't know why but the game has something special.

Maybe because it's one of the first games I've ever played.

Mario Kart is another game for me.

On the Xbox360 I keep returning to Trials Evolution. After a while I get anoyed because I can't complete a level but after a while I get back on it.

That's a good game indeed. Still mean to finish it too, but he hardest difficulty setting is just too hard...

Zelda...

I recently bought a 3DS just for this game :)

I've also kept my N64, my Super NES and my NES for Zelda series.

Good games, those. Though I just play them on an emulator. And the only way I was ever able to finish Battletoads was with an emulator :p

MLB The Show 09 on ps2. It's still better than any baseball game on xbox and thats a shame.

Peggle. Simple, fun, challenging at times, easy to learn yet difficult to master. Its awesome.

Red Dead Redemption. One of the few online games I enjoy. One of the best campaigns I've ever played. One of the best open world games available.