1.1 update

asocialreject

I'm wondering some things in this update

1) does it address the possibility of an achievement to glitch? Does it unlock the already glitched ones?

2) Does the full hobby items still unlocks 500k boost?

3) Does the 4th tier still unlocks 3 LP?

4) does tapping ghost gives you 1 LP randomly?

I need to know this before updating. If anyone knows, please post here.

I've just done the update, it removes the 500K for ghost hunting, which is a pain as im only on 3 million town value. But it does add 3 additional long quests. Mysterious Island - has about 15 mini quests to open up fully and bring a whole new area (hopefully it'll add to town value and allow easier LP grinding) On the island there are new house locations, including boat houses and a few bonus locations including:

The riches of terra - Adds bonus simoleons to completed sim actions

The flames of wisdom - (level 23 req'd) adds bonus XP to actions

The springs of fortune - (level 40 req'd.) adds extra XP and simoleons to the bonuses from the riches of terra and flames of wisdom.

The tempest of bliss - (level 32 req'd) - decreases drain rate of sims motives

Island Volcano - requires all the above leveled to 25 and grants "untold riches"

Higher Education - Need to complete Mysterious island quest and be level 24, allows you to build Sim Town High (behind the school) and I believe will help with preeteen sim grade levelling

Road to Fame - Not sure about this one but there is a Sim Town Sign (top right corner) that resembles the Hollywood sign. You need to be level 25 and complete the quest to build it

Also added:

Plant a Life point Lotus (costs 79p per go!) with a random chance of getting UPTO 350 LP

Plant a Simoleon Sprout (Free, every 4hrs) with a random chance of getting Simoleons (cant remember how much)

Completing a weekly quest (loads of mini quests) within time gets you a key to use in the mystery box shop:

Curiosity Box - 1 key - 3x Standard Prizes, 1x Common Prize

Loot Box - 3 Keys - 4x Standard, 2x Premium, 2x Common

Bounty Box - 5 Keys - 6x Standard, 4x Premuim 1x Rare

Fortune Box 10 Keys - 10x Standard, 12x Premium, 2x Rare

Edited by Bowfinger2k9
additions

it has removed 3lp from the 4th teir on all hobbies and replaced them all with xp and the reward for completion is 3lp.

They have also put timers on how haunted items are aswell meaning its even harder to complete ghost sets

Edited by vJ4M35x

to spend the keys you need to click on the mystery box on the quest menu and it will open up a window with four other types of boxes and this is where you can spend/use them hope this helps. Also i noticed today that ghosts still drop random lp

Of course! I'm writing it now. It has taken a little while because I wanted to experience and discover as much of the content as possible in order to describe it better. Should hopefully go up later today.

Nice, we will see then if the update is worthy or not.

Some advice for ghost hunting if you buy the bookcase that looks like a coffin standing up for $200 in the living room section you can use it for multiple sims to search at one time. If you select it and have a sim hunt for ghosts if you keep doing it on the same one you can have all of your sims in the same house use it without having to wait for it to recharge. You just have to do them all at the same time, if you wait too long in between it won't let you keep doing it. It helps if you zoom in a bit and keep tapping near the base so you don't start selecting the sims that come up to it when they start searching. I thought this might be helpful since the article above states you would have to have a ton of ghost stuff if you are doing it with multiple sims. This way you would only need a handful of these and still have a full house hunting ghosts.

I found that an easy way to get the 500k value was with wood working. I was able to have 9 different sims in one house with the work bench and every 4 minutes craft an item. Also by not doing it at the community center you were always able to get the guys who wouldn't run around.

I was able to complete the entire set fairly quickly this method and get to the 30 million fairly easy

Does anyone know if this update causes certain achievements to not unlock or to reset the requirement? I have not gotten the 16 nemesis with a single player although I have got one of mine to have 17 and still not unlock.

I believe I had a number of them as a nemesis before updating.

Does anyone know if this update causes certain achievements to not unlock or to reset the requirement? I have not gotten the 16 nemesis with a single player although I have got one of mine to have 17 and still not unlock.

I believe I had a number of them as a nemesis before updating.

That issue existed prior to the update. The game randomly drops its Xbox Live connection and Achievements earned while not connected will not unlock. Sucks.