Achievement Guide and Roadmap

II OE II

For this game if you want to get all the collectibles, after beating the game can you go back to specific chapters and get the ones you missed? Or do you have to play the full chapter and collect all the items over again?

Also for the nightmare difficulty achievement and the achievement where you can only use hysteria once, can you play the individual chapters or do you have to start a new game?

I'm on my first playthrough collecting whatever I see and just generally enjoying the game. But I'd hate to have to start all over again to get the collectibles.

1: chapter replay.

2: new game required.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some more costs in teeth for weapon upgrades. I just saw that they are still missing. Awesome guide btw! :woop:

Pepper Grinder Lvl 4 - 700

Hobby Horse Lvl 4 - 775

Teapot Cannon Lvl 3 - 600

Edit: You have Level 5, but I got the achv for fully upgrading the Vorpal Blade to Lvl 4. Is this a typo?

Edited by Genetic Carnage
Question added.

these should be the last numbers you need for the weapon upgrade costs (there is no rank V):

Hobby Horse

Rank III: 625

Teapot Cannon

Rank II: 525

the DLC weapons are separate upgrades, adding an effect to each weapon (such as extra damage or more ammo) and they are upgraded along with the base weapons (so a level IV Vorpal Blade will also give you level IV Vorpal Cleaver, and vice versa)

these should be the last numbers you need for the weapon upgrade costs (there is no rank V):

Hobby Horse

Rank III: 625

Teapot Cannon

Rank II: 525

the DLC weapons are separate upgrades, adding an effect to each weapon (such as extra damage or more ammo) and they are upgraded along with the base weapons (so a level IV Vorpal Blade will also give you level IV Vorpal Cleaver, and vice versa)

Thanks for the last info! Was going to get it tomorrow after work if it someone hadn't already :) Thought you had to upgrade each weapon 4 times, my bad.

So question... I have 2 xbox 360s so I fi download the DCL on mine my Son cannot play the 2nd one on his xbox???

Not sure which DLC you're talking about, but I assume it's not the dress/weapon pack.

My 'ol lady downloaded American McGee's Alice with the code and played it on "xbox 1" with her hdd. My hdd crashed so my gamertag is currently on a USB. With her hdd in "xbox 1", I plugged in the USB signed into my gamertag and was able to play it. Hope that helps.

Am I able to do Off With Her Head pt. 2 in a new playthrough or have I missed any chance of getting this achievement? :( I already completed it, but at the time I didn't know about the achievement attached to it so I didn't do it in the required time...

You can just use chapter select and go from there. That's how I did it. ;)

Might be worth adding to the start of the guide a note about the achievement for finishing the game using Hysteria only once, as I'm sure there are some that will want to do i one play and having the extra weapons dlc makes nightmare a lot easier, so very possible to do everything in one play.

I missed this one when I scanned the list hand had to start over , lucky I was still on chapter 1.

Great job and on the guide though, thanks very much

That's Using Your Head - 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif

Complete Off With Her Head Part 2 in under 6 minutes.

*I happen to be recording when I completed this even though I messed up a lot it will show how you can complete it even with so many mistakes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GG-V1ESWa0]YouTube - ‪Alice: The Madness Returns: That's Using Your Head (achievement).‬‏[/ame]

If you're going to play through the game a second time for the Nightmare completion achievement, is there any reason to not play the first time through on Easy?

Also,

My 'ol lady downloaded American McGee's Alice with the code and played it on "xbox 1" with her hdd. My hdd crashed so my gamertag is currently on a USB. With her hdd in "xbox 1", I plugged in the USB signed into my gamertag and was able to play it. Hope that helps.

This seems to indicate that online pass isn't tied to gamertag but is instead treated like normal DLC. Was your wife's profile signed in when you accessed AM's Alice?

Edited by vSully

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/5H/vN/04CLiGJhbC81CBsFG1lTWDE2L2FjaC8wLzJBAAAAAOfn5-zie-g=.jpgCold Arms, Cold Heart - 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif

Defeat the Drowned Sailor without taking any damage

Chapter 2:
After completing the picture puzzle you will come across a graveyard and meet the Drowned Sailor. He acts like the Lost Souls earlier in the chapter, but is a bit stronger.

First, he will be a gaseous form and float around until materializing bombs to throw at you. Use your Pepper Grinder to blow them up and stun him.

Second, he be in gaseous form and float around getting close to you. When he does, he will strike at you with a broken bottle.

Third he will burrow underground and tunnel for a while. Get up close and use the Hobby Horse to stun him.

Fourth he will burrow underground and tunnel while getting close to you. When he does he surprise you with a quick slash from his bottle, then float up in the air and charge a strong attack.

After defeating him you will unlock the achievement. If you don't, restart the checkpoint, or reload the checkpoint "Lost Souls Locker" after completing the chapter.

(VIDEO GUIDE NEEDED)
i just got this one in Radula Room 3 in Queensland, i ran around the outside as you suggested in your collectible guide and it popped when i finished the room
:woop:

This is weird... I beat the game on Normal, and want to do my second playthrough on Nightmare... but I can't find the option to do a New Game+! I'm confused, because just last night I saw the option in the main menu, right below "Continue Game" and now it's not there... :S I think Alice is toying with my mind...

This is weird... I beat the game on Normal, and want to do my second playthrough on Nightmare... but I can't find the option to do a New Game+! I'm confused, because just last night I saw the option in the main menu, right below "Continue Game" and now it's not there... :S I think Alice is toying with my mind...

if there is a continue game there wouldnt be a new game option, you sure you didnt already start your nightmare play last night?

otherwise something may not have saved correctly (or you loaded from an MU instead of the HD or vice versa)

if there is a continue game there wouldnt be a new game option, you sure you didnt already start your nightmare play last night?

otherwise something may not have saved correctly (or you loaded from an MU instead of the HD or vice versa)

I tried hitting "Continue" and it just took me to the credits screen... so it apparently did save that I at least beat the game. I tried watching the credits again and the option still doesn't show up :\ I don't know about the question of loading, it's never asked me to select a device or anything so...

Well someone helped me figure out the problem I was having with "New Game+" not showing up. Thanks to uhKillswitch! I wonder if the option only remains on the main menu immediately after you beat the game, and if you quit the game and come back, it won't be there anymore. Fighting the final boss again via Chapter Select fixes it. Or maybe this only happened to me for no apparent reason.

Anyway sorry for the double post but I shared this in the thread I posted about that problem because I discovered something that I think would be extremely useful for your guide with regards to Level-Headed.

You do not have to do an entire playthrough without using Hysteria for the Level-Headed achievement to pop. Once you've beaten the game, simply do Chapter Select and fight the Dollmaker without using Hysteria and the achievement will pop. This is how I got it.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/5H/vN/04CLiGJhbC81CBsFG1lTWDE2L2FjaC8wLzJBAAAAAOfn5-zie-g=.jpgCold Arms, Cold Heart - 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif

Defeat the Drowned Sailor without taking any damage

Chapter 2:
After completing the picture puzzle you will come across a graveyard and meet the Drowned Sailor. He acts like the Lost Souls earlier in the chapter, but is a bit stronger.

First, he will be a gaseous form and float around until materializing bombs to throw at you. Use your Pepper Grinder to blow them up and stun him.

Second, he be in gaseous form and float around getting close to you. When he does, he will strike at you with a broken bottle.

Third he will burrow underground and tunnel for a while. Get up close and use the Hobby Horse to stun him.

Fourth he will burrow underground and tunnel while getting close to you. When he does he surprise you with a quick slash from his bottle, then float up in the air and charge a strong attack.

After defeating him you will unlock the achievement. If you don't, restart the checkpoint, or reload the checkpoint "Lost Souls Locker" after completing the chapter.

(VIDEO GUIDE NEEDED)

This is very easy to do, if you use the rabbit he will focus on that leaving you to zip in and out without taking damage.