DLC characters on disc

karlvex

Thats right, Capcom have done it again!

A guy on youtube called SoulReaperTTG has been hacking an xbox 360 version of the game over the past few days. Weve seen all the dlc characters, intros, endings, (with and without sound) characters models, move lists, alternate costumes etc.

The story Yoshinori Ono told us was that the characters were not finished, didnt know how to implament blanka as he was a charge character and they had difficulties etc. This clearly isnt the case as they have hurt/hit boxes and are fully playable. In their defense perhaps they need tweaking and patching correctly but the fact is THEY ARE ALL ON DISC! even megaman and pacman are there.

A lot of his videos have been taken down but theres still a few floating about, i wonder how capcom will deal with damage control. Surely they cant ask us the pay for these now, we were led to believe they were incomplete and unplayable.

They never said we were going to be charged for the characters, but its hard to believe that they would hand us them for free....but now....who knows?! =/

There is also a picture of the full character select screen.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/mar/04/leaked-gameplay-footage-elena-console-version-street-fighter-x-tekken/

http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/04/street-fighter-x-tekken-elena-gameplay/

This just means that we won't have to download a compatibility pack to continue playing online when the DLC releases. Look at Mortal Kombat to see how disastrous that can be.

I don't really think that's the point. They specifically said that these characters were not near complete before the game went gold and that is why we have to pay for them separately. This proves that they were blowing smoke up peoples' asses. I am not a conspiracy kind of person, and haven't been complaining about the DLC......but you have to admit, this looks bad.

I don't really think that's the point. They specifically said that these characters were not near complete before the game went gold and that is why we have to pay for them separately. This proves that they were blowing smoke up peoples' asses. I am not a conspiracy kind of person, and haven't been complaining about the DLC......but you have to admit, this looks bad.

Maybe it will be free dlc.

LOL

Man...I'm starting to get upset with everyone bitching around...I have to admit, they shouldn't have announced those 12 characters in first place, but you really have to get over the fact, that those characters are on the disc.

This way, when playing online, the person on the other side already will have the compability to play against you. I mean, look how horrible that went for Mortal Kombat.

And it also was obvious from the beginning, that there will be new characters at some point, for which we could pay (IF WE WANT TO BUY THEM!)

And I also think, that there's a very good chance, that there will be even more DLC characters. So please, please, please: Get over it

I too really hate paying for content that is already on the disc and day 1 DLC etc. but I'm getting tired of complaining -.-' It doesn't seem like it's gonna change anything.

Try looking at it from a positive aspect, the money Capcom made was used to make games like SSF4, Marvel 3, SF x TK, 3rd Strike: OE.

Who knows, maybe we'll get a new Darkstalkers, Capcom vs SNK, SF Alpha or SF5 game in the future.

Man...I'm starting to get upset with everyone bitching around...I have to admit, they shouldn't have announced those 12 characters in first place, but you really have to get over the fact, that those characters are on the disc.

This way, when playing online, the person on the other side already will have the compability to play against you. I mean, look how horrible that went for Mortal Kombat.

And it also was obvious from the beginning, that there will be new characters at some point, for which we could pay (IF WE WANT TO BUY THEM!)

And I also think, that there's a very good chance, that there will be even more DLC characters. So please, please, please: Get over it

I too really hate paying for content that is already on the disc and day 1 DLC etc. but I'm getting tired of complaining -.-' It doesn't seem like it's gonna change anything.

Try looking at it from a positive aspect, the money Capcom made was used to make games like SSF4, Marvel 3, SF x TK, 3rd Strike: OE.

Who knows, maybe we'll get a new Darkstalkers, Capcom vs SNK, SF Alpha or SF5 game in the future.

Ok, you guys are missing the point of the thread. This isn't about paying for day 1 DLC or paying for disc locked content. This is purely about what Capcom told the public versus what was just found out to actually be true.

I just said in my last post that I have no problem with the DLC at all. I just said that it looks bad when you tell people it wasn't ready before the game went gold and then someone finds the files that show it actually WAS complete.

I don't care what they do to make money, it is a business after all, but the least they could have done is be honest from the start and not bullshit everyone as to why it was done. They had to know someone would find those files eventually. The characters are playable with complete audio files and alternate costumes. Capcom said that they hadn't been able to create any of that pre-release. You don't see a problem with that??

All DLC is exploitation anyway. People seem to have a thing for complaining to Capcom about it when what they're doing is common. BioWare is doing the same thing with Mass Effect 3 DLC. The fact is that games are made with time constraints to meet the release window demand that the higher ups put on the developing team. Day one DLC or DLC that is planned ahead of time is common because of this. It's nothing to complain about, especially since you don't have to buy DLC.

What a big company tells you shouldn't be something anyone as a regular consumer feels a right to demand is true. There is no reason in the world why Capcom should have told us the truth other than it being what we want to hear.

All DLC is exploitation anyway. People seem to have a thing for complaining to Capcom about it when what they're doing is common. BioWare is doing the same thing with Mass Effect 3 DLC. The fact is that games are made with time constraints to meet the release window demand that the higher ups put on the developing team. Day one DLC or DLC that is planned ahead of time is common because of this. It's nothing to complain about, especially since you don't have to buy DLC.

this +1. can someone give this gentleman a cookie?

The story Yoshinori Ono told us was that the characters were not finished, didnt know how to implament blanka as he was a charge character and they had difficulties etc. This clearly isnt the case as they have hurt/hit boxes and are fully playable.

Nothing in the first post is even closely related to what I asked for. So unless you post that link, I'm calling bull****.

You asked for a source.....YOSHINORI ONO IS THE SOURCE. It was the interview with him that the OP is referencing.

The interview was on linked on Twitch.TV-March 2. I still can't find it but that's where it was if anyone else can navigate that site better than me. It was done by 'capcomunity'. That interview was where he said that characters like Blanka were 'on the disc but not finished or playable'

I give up, I am not the one that brought any of this up. My whole purpose in this thread was to simply agree that it looked a little fishy. That was it. Like I said, I don't really care about the DLC, just the way they handled the press about it. Suddenly everyone is a defender of Capcom's public relations strategy.

Edited by ColdSpider72

Awesome, first time I'm supporting piracy. Maybe if we keep pressuring Capcom, they'll release the DLC for free. If we make an example of Capcom, other developers/publishers may stop the (D)isc (L)ocked ©ontent bullshit!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEXSmslILjA]Street Fighter x Tekken - Guy / Cody vs Lars / Blanka ( DLC HACKED ) - YouTube[/ame]

The dude's YT channel has more footage of the DLC characters.

Edited by M1 Punk

The rhetoric in this thread is sickening! The only thing Capcom is guilty of is trying to save some money on hosting fees! These characters would not have been developed if they weren't planning on charging money for them. The game has more new characters than any version of Street Figher IV already, including the original version!

All DLC is exploitive? Why does it feel like everyone who says stuff like this forgot about these things called expansion packs. Things that were made after the game to enrich the experience and give you another reason to keep on playing and enjoying said game. That's what DLC is like (or supposed to be like) for the most part. It's just broken up into chunks and released as it's completed rather then being in one big bundle that costs almost as much as the original game. Also even comparing Capcom to Bioware is sad because Bioware's DLC is better priced for what it is.

The rhetoric in this thread is sickening! The only thing Capcom is guilty of is trying to save some money on hosting fees! These characters would not have been developed if they weren't planning on charging money for them. The game has more new characters than any version of Street Figher IV already, including the original version!

Given Capcom's price points that we've seen in the past I have every reason to believe each one of these characters will cost us $5. Essentially making console owners pay a total of $120 for a game Vita owners will probably get for $40 and that's not even including the BS costume DLC they ALWAYS do.

As far as number of characters is concerned, that's kinda funny cause I saw this ad while I was looking at the GameFAQs Street Fighter X Tekken forum. There is this game coming out called Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations and it has 70+ characters. None of which are going to be locked away on the disc. It probably won't even sell anywhere near as many copies as this game, but I don't see Namco/Bandai crying that they need to be paid more then $60 for their creation.

BioWare is doing the same thing with Mass Effect 3 DLC.
Mass Effect 3 is getting destroyed on Metacritic, just check out the User Scores. If you read enough of those reviews, you'll see its mainly because of the Day 1 DLC and this is how they're showing their frustration for getting ripped off.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/mass-effect-3/user-reviews?dist=negative

This should clear up the issue.

Capcom has confirmed that 12 new fan-favorite characters will be available as Downloadable Content (DLC) on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC versions of Street Fighter X Tekken later this year. The playable characters will make their debut on the PS Vita system when the game is released this fall, with the console and PC versions receiving them as DLC soon after. The character information and files were intentionally included on retail versions of the PS3 and Xbox 360 game to save hard drive space and to ensure for a smooth transition when the DLC is available, allowing players who choose not to purchase the content the ability to play against players that did. More specifics regarding pricing, dates and other additional exciting DLC plans for Street Fighter X Tekken will be shared at a later date. As a reminder, the retail version of the game will be the only disc-based version consumers will need to own and all future upgrades will come from post-launch DLC. The new characters fighting their way onto Street Fighter X Tekken are… from the Street Fighter side… Blanka, Cody, Dudley, Elena, Guy and Sakura will be playable and from Tekken… Alisa Bosconovitch, Bryan Fury, Christie Monteiro, Jack, Lars Alexandersson and Lei Wulong will all be available.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/05/capcom-says-sfxts-12-additional-characters-on-disc-to-ensure-compatibility-between-buyers-non-buyers/

That doesn't clear up shit. Before the game got released, they said that the characters weren't finished yet. Hackers revealed the complete opposite.

The issue is that we're not getting the complete product because 24% of it (12 characters/50 characters x 100% = 24%) is locked! That portion will be purchasable for $... later this year. The making of the content was within their development time and budget, so why are we getting fucked without getting kissed first? That is the real question here.

My guess is because Sony was very desperate for the Vita to succeed. So they payed Capcom a lot of money for the exclusive characters (Megaman, Pac-Man, Hello Kitty and that Infamous dude) and also wanted a "newer" version for the Vita.

So what did Capcom do? They said: "Hmmm, how about we remove these 12 characters from the roster, let's take these 3 stages as well and call it a DLC. Ok, now this will debut on the Vita first and later be available to everyone else for $..."

Buuuuuuut, maybe I'm over thinking this :p If I'm correct, we got Sony to thank for this nonsense. No wonder they're losing money.

That doesn't clear up shit. Before the game got released, they said that the characters weren't finished yet. Hackers revealed the complete opposite.

The issue is that we're not getting the complete product because 24% of it (12 characters/50 characters x 100% = 24%) is locked! That portion will be purchasable for $... later this year. The making of the content was within their development time and budget, so why are we getting fucked without getting kissed first? That is the real question here.

My guess is because Sony was very desperate for the Vita to succeed. So they payed Capcom a lot of money for the exclusive characters (Megaman, Pac-Man, Hello Kitty and that Infamous dude) and also wanted a "newer" version for the Vita.

So what did Capcom do? They said: "Hmmm, how about we remove these 12 characters from the roster, let's take these 3 stages as well and call it a DLC. Ok, now this will debut on the Vita first and later be available to everyone else for $..."

Buuuuuuut, maybe I'm over thinking this :p If I'm correct, we got Sony to thank for this nonsense. No wonder they're losing money.

That makes absolutely no sense. You sound like a fanboy! How is that Sony's fault? MS didn't want to part with their characters for a fun game, so unfortunately MS users will be the victims, as they were when MK came out. Don't forget those dumb kitties and Cole are Sony's characters. MS could have done the same thing if they wanted. But nooooo...they want us to suffer and have animosity towards Sony when its really MS to blame.

MS plays a part in getting things "first" a lot as well. Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Simpsons are off the top of my head. I'm not trying to be spokesperson for Sony, but that comment couldn't be further from the truth. I do the same thing over there at the PS3trophies when someone says something stupid about MS that's completely biased.

I'm just saying everything isn't Sony's fault here. MS has some blame here and Capcom DEFINITELY has the blame as well. Oh and btw all the characters that Sony has....the 360 has, including the Sony exclusives. It's all on the disc.