Ironman Achievement.....

Blitzer88

Man....am I the only one that is super frustrated by this achievement. My CPU teammates don't seem to have problems causing turnovers and returning them for touchdowns, yet I can never get a ball thrown or ever really ran my way to cause a fumble. I have played a total of 40 campus RtG games and only have 1 single interception and no fumble recoveries. Anyone have any advice that could help me? I have tried LB, CB and safety.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got lucky. LOLB and my last game (state championship) I recovered a fumble on about the 20 and managed to make it to the endzone, barely. On offense I was a QB and ran and threw for a TD.

This seems to be a "Right Place, Right Time" achievement that requires more luck than skill.

I was a QB and MLB and was having trouble just like everyone else, if I got lucky enough to cause a fumble I was never the one to recover, and forget trying to get and INT. Finally get fed up enough, I turned offsides off. Being a MLB I was sometimes put on the punt block unit, well I blocked a punt easily picked it up and took in it for a touchdown, I scored a passing TD and rushing TD earlier in the game. After the game ended the achievement popped (I say this because I was definitely doing a bummer moment when it didn't pop right after I picked up the blocked kick for a TD, thinking that maybe they don't count since they are special teams, but was happy when I heard the bleep bloop for Ironman after the game ended).

Funny enough the very next game I got an INT and took it in for a TD anyways, just thought I'd share about the workaround though if you eventually decide to give up trying to get the achievement playing by the rules.

I was a QB and MLB and was having trouble just like everyone else, if I got lucky enough to cause a fumble I was never the one to recover, and forget trying to get and INT. Finally get fed up enough, I turned offsides off. Being a MLB I was sometimes put on the punt block unit, well I blocked a punt easily picked it up and took in it for a touchdown, I scored a passing TD and rushing TD earlier in the game. After the game ended the achievement popped (I say this because I was definitely doing a bummer moment when it didn't pop right after I picked up the blocked kick for a TD, thinking that maybe they don't count since they are special teams, but was happy when I heard the bleep bloop for Ironman after the game ended).

Funny enough the very next game I got an INT and took it in for a TD anyways, just thought I'd share about the workaround though if you eventually decide to give up trying to get the achievement playing by the rules.

Did you use a specific button to block the punt or did you just get in front of him?

That's probably what I am gonna do. Although, I wonder if you choose an existing player and boost his stats all the way if that would make it go faster while simming or doing it the regular way.

An existing player puts you in college and it has to be done in high school.

What position on the defense?

CB

Also I finally have the 1000G in the game. It looks like only 2 people have all 1000 so far.

Just got it simmed as a CB..took me about 12 games....only 1 interception and he made it count....there was a fumble recovery in an earlier game, but he didnt take it back

This would be a whole lot easier if a) game was longer in RTG b) you played every down including punt blocking...only couple times was I there to block a punt and c) if you stood in front of the QB with offsides off...the ball SHOULD hit you, and bounce causing a fumble...but of course the hiked ball goes right through you

Honestly, my friend helped me with this one. The easiest way is to go with a ROLB. Turn off offsides. Sim until 4th down and stand around 10 yards in front of punter. Run at them and press Y as the punter tries to kick it. If you block it, it will bounce towards the endzone, pick it up and score. I got it on my 2nd blocked punt in the first game I played.

Honestly, my friend helped me with this one. The easiest way is to go with a ROLB. Turn off offsides. Sim until 4th down and stand around 10 yards in front of punter. Run at them and press Y as the punter tries to kick it. If you block it, it will bounce towards the endzone, pick it up and score. I got it on my 2nd blocked punt in the first game I played.

Yup exactly this, hitting Y when trying to block the punt is the main thing. I usually go stand in front of the punter but slightly to the right or left of him so I can come in at an angle. Seems to produce better results for me then coming in straight at him. But yeah hitting Y is your best bet in blocking the punt, shouldn't take to many tries to get a system down where you can constantly be doing the block, then next part would be getting the pickup and running for a TD.

This method worked like a charm - I got it on my third try. Not sure if anyone else had this happen, but previously I only got one opportunity a game to be on the punt return team. Otherwise, I only could sim/watch the play. By simming the first 3 plays, it would give me the opportunity to be on the punt formation team and block the punt on every fourth down play.

I tried out this method and I finally got it on my third punt block attempt. Hardest part was recovering the fumble before the punter dove for it.

Do you have to play 2 separate RTGs? Or is there a way you can have multiple players in one?

I'm a little confused on this one.

if you create a new RTG player, you will have the option of selecting a second postion, one on offense, one on defense... then you just have to play a high school game and score both an offensive and defensive touchdown. for the defensive td you can either select CB and super sim until you return an INT for a td, or you can select ROLB and try to block a punt and return it for a td, its a very hard achievement...