DLC is out of control

ZedChuva

I don't have the game, doubt I'll ever get it (just got bored of sports games... plus I've boycotted EA games in general), but the DLC is out of control.

YES, I know you don't HAVE to get it, and really, it's lazy ass DLC, but Jesus... 22 DLC packs the DAY of release? At 160 space bucks each, that's the price of a new game. And YES, I know most people won't buy them all, but it's typical EA money grabbing. 22 DLC packs... really? It's like their Tiger Woods courses. $70+ worth of "new" courses the DAY of release. Just another reason why EA are dirtbags.

EA Supporters will contend they give you tons of great content... blah blah blah.

EA bashers (like myself), just see it as more hands in your pocket.

Buy USED, and don't give these assholes money for their online crap, cause they'll just shut the servers down in a year anyway.

You can argue both sides of the coin. You even specified yourself, you do not have to buy it. So, for the people that do buy it, its not EA's fault for putting it out there, its the consumers for purchasing something they don't need in the first place. Its really whatever to me. As long as you don't have to have it to get achievements or finish the game, then I don't have any problems with it.

Also wanted to add, that your idea to combat EA's tactics is to buy the game(s) used. Well, to me, now you're just giving money to all these used game companies that just leech the consumer. Capitalism. Love it.

• 1 month later...

that DLC is nothing but boosters, it doesn't make the game any better, just easier (less input needed when recruiting, quicker progression, automatic 5 star recruit in RTG). You lose nothing by not purchasing that DLC.

I understand being mad at companies for ridiculous DLC, but that's not the case here. EA may have screwed the customers in Tiger Woods (that is ridiculous) and their packages for the Fight Night franchise are really expensive ($10 for 3 boxers, I'll pass), but they aren't doing that with NCAA 12.

Complain about DLC on a board where its actually screwing the customer, not just offering shortcuts for a fee (like it is for this game).

I don't have the game, doubt I'll ever get it (just got bored of sports games... plus I've boycotted EA games in general), but the DLC is out of control.

YES, I know you don't HAVE to get it, and really, it's lazy ass DLC, but Jesus... 22 DLC packs the DAY of release? At 160 space bucks each, that's the price of a new game. And YES, I know most people won't buy them all, but it's typical EA money grabbing. 22 DLC packs... really? It's like their Tiger Woods courses. $70+ worth of "new" courses the DAY of release. Just another reason why EA are dirtbags.

EA Supporters will contend they give you tons of great content... blah blah blah.

EA bashers (like myself), just see it as more hands in your pocket.

When I drew the line with EA was a few Maddens ago that gave you the option to pay MSP's to heal an injured player--- Get the F outta here with that crap!

Buy USED, and don't give these assholes money for their online crap, cause they'll just shut the servers down in a year anyway.

I've spoken these exact words multiple times.. I still play some of their games, rarely buy them though.. EA will ultimately be the end of my gaming days because other companies are already following in their footsteps... :mad::(:mad:

Edited by HugTheBear

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm ALL about EA bashing. Tiger 12 puts DLC only courses IN MY SEASON!!! That's just throwing their greed right in your face.

I can't get behind their whole "you gotta pay us to play online" crap, but I can kinda see their point. But making me buy courses just so I don't have to skip tournys in my computer generated tour schedule is F'n outta control.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

One thing to consider is the depreciation of the dollar. I can remember saving up everything I had for Super Mario World only to be short about $30.00 and have my parents take care of the rest. That was $50.00 for a game then and it's now $60.00. In contrast the dollar has devalued significantly.

Would you really be ok with paying $100.00 for a game that included all the little extras they try to nickel and dime on the consumer?