Follower/Dog Questions

THC BLUNTED

This is a multi part question. First off, I was going to do a quest for a daedric shrine and it requires me to bring someone to the shrine and sacrifice them. I dont want to kill my follower so I was wondering if I tell my current follower to part ways and I find someone else, will my follower have all of the gear I gave them before we parted ways?

Also, I had questions about the dogs of Skyrim. Is Markarth the only place to find a dog follower? Are all of the dogs the same? Can dogs carry stuff for you? And can you equip items on a dog?

Lastly, a marriage question. Does it matter who you marry? Do you recieve different bonuses from different people?

I know its a lot of questions, mostly things I havent seen addressed yet. Thanks in advance!

You find meeko at meeko's shack, that is the dog i use, i beleive if you get barbas but don't finish the quest he cannot die.

To answer your questions simply,

Yes, your follower will have all your gear still, I do it all the time.

3 dogs, One from the dog guy in markarth, Meeko, and barbas from the deadric quest,

I beleive the dogs are the same, but may be stronger the later in game you get them, not sure.

They can't carry things and can't equip anything.

No doesn't really matter who you marry, all marriage bonuses are the same I beleive.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I completed the daedric quest and found my follower wearing her robes that I originally found her in. But after she started following me she put back on her gear I gave her.

I already completed the quest with barbos in it so that isnt a option for me but I will try meeko or get one in Markarth.

I already got married so maybe I will marry someone else on my next playthrough. I married my housecarl from Solitude because she was one of the most attractive women I have seen in Skyrim!

• 2 weeks later...
I thinking of marrying Mjoll and making her my follower, if I have to take on a different follower for a quest where will she go since we are married? Does she go home? I don't want to lose her since she can't be killed and I plan on giving her some beastly gear

If you are married and have a house then that's where she'll be. If you don't have a house she'll tell you where to find her. (Probably in Riften somewhere.)