The Unachievable Achievement thread

L0Straniero91

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be safe to add 5 Yoostar 2 achievements to the unobtainable achievement list.

One to Watch - 500,000 fame rating

In the Limelight - 1,000,000 fame rating

Red Carpet Superstar - 2,500,000 fame rating

Video Background Completist - All video backgrounds performed (highest rank for last video background)

Yoostar Completist - see above

The fame ranking system set up is awful. Anyone who is even vaguely familiar with it would agree. You get 1 point for watching a video, which can range from 20 seconds to 5 minutes. The video does not loop so you must click play everytime. You also get 1 point for rating the video. If people watch your videos, you can get up to 20 points if they rate it the highest possible rating. They can change the rating but not give more points if they keep watching your video.

Basically you need hundreds of people to watch and rate your videos to get the rank requirements for even the LOWEST of THREE ACHIEVEMENTS which is set at 500,000, highest being 2.5 million! Worst of all, 2 MORE ACHIEVEMENTS ARE AFFECTED because at the 2.5 million mark, you get a 'video background' scene which is required for both completing all video backgrounds and completing all scenes.

Since the game has been out since March 2011, there is no sign of change to fix this issue. The game creators had overly high expectations for a community that simply does not exist.

I think it would be safe to add 5 Yoostar 2 achievements to the unobtainable achievement list.

One to Watch - 500,000 fame rating

In the Limelight - 1,000,000 fame rating

Red Carpet Superstar - 2,500,000 fame rating

Video Background Completist - All video backgrounds performed (highest rank for last video background)

Yoostar Completist - see above

The fame ranking system set up is awful. Anyone who is even vaguely familiar with it would agree. You get 1 point for watching a video, which can range from 20 seconds to 5 minutes. The video does not loop so you must click play everytime. You also get 1 point for rating the video. If people watch your videos, you can get up to 20 points if they rate it the highest possible rating. They can change the rating but not give more points if they keep watching your video.

Basically you need hundreds of people to watch and rate your videos to get the rank requirements for even the LOWEST of THREE ACHIEVEMENTS which is set at 500,000, highest being 2.5 million! Worst of all, 2 MORE ACHIEVEMENTS ARE AFFECTED because at the 2.5 million mark, you get a 'video background' scene which is required for both completing all video backgrounds and completing all scenes.

Since the game has been out since March 2011, there is no sign of change to fix this issue. The game creators had overly high expectations for a community that simply does not exist.

But they arn't unattainable. They will just take forever to grind

No idea I just noticed the game was up randomnly. Could be a mistake since there's no reason for the game to be back on the marketplace. Since all the tables are on the 2nd one.

I hope not since I jumped on and bought the game right after I read your post. I would be pissed if they got my 800 microsoft points and I can't even get the DLC to have a chance at the full 250 gamerscore. :mad:

Forever is an understatement. The fame points are linked to a facebook application. Therefore hundreds to thousands of facebook accounts must rate all your videos. So say you have 30 videos all awarded 20 points a piece. That's 600 points awarded from each account granted they gave you top ratings on all videos.

I'd like to see one person make enough accounts, or convince enough people, to achieve such an obscene amount of fame points. It would take about 4167 accounts giving all 30 of your videos top ratings. One account would have to invest on average about 2 minutes to each video between watching and rating. So 30 videos would take an hour to boost giving you only 600 fame points.

Doing the math for if you had 100 videos:

2000 from each person if they give all top ratings

would take 1250 accounts/people

would take each account just over 3 hours to award the 2000 points

The weekly community is about 25,000 and 98% of the players are casual only playing scenes occasionally, putting little to no effort into rating others content.

Might not be impossible, but I don't see anyone ever obtaining it even WITH BOOSTING.

Forever is an understatement. The fame points are linked to a facebook application. Therefore hundreds to thousands of facebook accounts must rate all your videos. So say you have 30 videos all awarded 20 points a piece. That's 600 points awarded from each account granted they gave you top ratings on all videos.

I'd like to see one person make enough accounts, or convince enough people, to achieve such an obscene amount of fame points. It would take about 4167 accounts giving all 30 of your videos top ratings. One account would have to invest on average about 2 minutes to each video between watching and rating. So 30 videos would take an hour to boost giving you only 600 fame points.

Doing the math for if you had 100 videos:

2000 from each person if they give all top ratings

would take 1250 accounts/people

would take each account just over 3 hours to award the 2000 points

The weekly community is about 25,000 and 98% of the players are casual only playing scenes occasionally, putting little to no effort into rating others content.

Might not be impossible, but I don't see anyone ever obtaining it even WITH BOOSTING.

but as long that it is Possible even if you boosted this in 10 years it does not belong on this list

Does anybody have any Info on Outrun online arcade game, is it still going to be delisted sometime in December 2011. I think their license with Ferrari is expiring??

Can somebody confirm this?

EDIT: I did some searching on SEGA but found nothing, however over on TA they state the following

The XBLA title OutRun Online Arcade has run into licensing issues with Ferrari, and of course, for a game featuring Ferraris, that's a fairly large problem. As the contract between the car manufacturer and SEGA expires, so too does the prospect of gamers being able download the title from XBLA in the future, whilst the PSN was hit it's immediate removal.

So that is just a blurb of what was said but it doesn't state when in DECEMBER. So I guess we will see.

Edited by BROOKER 513
update info

Aww, damnit! Why did I not see any announcement about the Frontlines server closures!? XS I was gonna go back to my old games after some of my November purchases, and I've been checking here often to see if there was any notice for any of the games I had... Ugh... v_v

Because there was no announcement. As far as my spreadsheet (which you can get to through my sig,) I have all the achievements as obtainable, so this is news to me too.

College Hoops 2K8

Maximum: 950/1000

Achievements:

-Pontiac (Online) (20G)

-Upload and Share (30G)

Reason: The Pontiac Tourney stopped running since 8th March, 2008 and online servers are inactive.

This should be edited because I just unlocked UPLOAD AND SHARE achievement On 27 NOVEMBER 2011.

Go and claim your 30G ppl!

Not completely unattainable but definately a huge pain...I have it and saved the film in my file share because it was so ridiculous to get...what he says is right, shut off the sprint the second your feet step off the ledge cuz if it's on even when you do land on the elite and melee him the achievement won't unlock. I got good at landing on him after 3 hours of it. The sprint being off is the key!