Official Achievement Website of the XBOX 360

ColossalKiller7

I am curious if any mod/admin has contacted Microsoft to see if that x360a.org could be the Official Achievement Website of the XBOX 360. I know it might be a silly idea but all the money that would come in from a sponsor would be insane. More giveaways and all but I am sure someone has already thought of this.

Don't worry I searched.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard of this a360p, is it just like this website?

It's called ****************.com. I had to make the choice between a360p and x360a. Obviously I chose the latter, and clearly the better. I'd subscribe but I have no credit card.

Too bad the best isn't always the one endorsed. :p

Very true.

Lets leave the other site alone, we've already shown which is the better site.

And the only problem with becoming affilaited with MS, is that we then get accused of being biased with things like game ratings etc etc etc. Sure Microsoft know who we are, in the same way we know who they are :p

Yes, there is always the problem of being biased. I really don't see much of that here and that is why I chose this site. Say, EA gives you 10 copies of Madden 09, it would be pretty hard for the admins/mods to not be biased but you do a good job of keeping that out of your posts and editorials.

But would MS look at the forums to see if the members are biased and count that? But if MS were to endorse x360a this site would get a large upgrade which can always be used.

Um, they could care less about the achievements. The instant anything happens, if you get your account stolen, etc...they delete your account and make you start all over.

They created them and pretend to give a rat's butt about them because when you are obsessed with obtaining them like we all are, we spend more money and more goes into their pocketbook.

I know this the hard way. I just lost 25,000 gamer points over a glitch in their system which they admit is their fault. They tell me they could care less about the 25,000 points I had.

Um, they could care less about the achievements. The instant anything happens, if you get your account stolen, etc...they delete your account and make you start all over.

They created them and pretend to give a rat's butt about them because when you are obsessed with obtaining them like we all are, we spend more money and more goes into their pocketbook.

I know this the hard way. I just lost 25,000 gamer points over a glitch in their system which they admit is their fault. They tell me they could care less about the 25,000 points I had.

wow that sucks... if that would happen to mine i would just go buy a ps3 lol

not to get off topic but i have never heard of a glitch in their system that has you lose you gamerscore.

not to get off topic but i have never heard of a glitch in their system that has you lose you gamerscore.

i havent heard of one either but im sorry for her loss :(

it could be good is M$ would endorce here but i doubt they would because most of this site's content is user made and so they wouldnt trust it and if it attacked companies in any way M$ could be made out to take the wrap and i doubt they would take that risk

(sorry if that was a load of crap i just said but it made sence to me)

Well, just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt :)

What happened is that when I signed onto Live when I got my console, I entered my customer info and picked a GT. I got an error message that told me to re-enter it. I did. Unbeknownst to me, it created two accounts under the same name and email. So I had TWO Queenfragger000 accounts. This is not supposed to be able to happen, but for some reason it did happen.

Everything seemed to be fine and I had no idea there was an issue until I went to go change my credit card in their system because I changed banks. When I put in my new credit card, for some reason, the credit card number was applied to one of the accounts and when I tried to log in it would log me in under the second account. Eventually, the account I was trying to log in with was banned for "non-payment" because it couldn't "see" the credit card and even though I had valid credit card info in there.

After 22 hours (yes, I'm serious) on the phone with the idiots at their support number, they told me that the account was corrupted due to no fault of my own and that there was nothing they would do to fit it. They deleted both of the accounts and made me start a new one. They did not compensate me for the year of work that I lost and basically told me they could care less about my gamerscore.

I almost didn't even get the 500 MS points that were unused and stuck on the account that I couldn't access. I manged to get Major Nelson to help with that and he emailed me some codes for 500 points.

As I said before, they could care less about our gamerscore.

To be honest, saying they don't care is a load of crap. If they didnt care, they would bother releasing them in the game. You're individual account may note be important to them, but then you can't expect them to individually investigate problems on all 10 million Xbox live score. ANd 25k points isn't a top of the leaderboard score or anything.

But to say they dont care about the system is wrong.

(And if this site was endorsed by MS, me writing the above would be considered "selling out" and brown nosing MS. We already get accused of that when someone doesnt like reviews).

Well maybe im wrong on this one but if MS became a sponsor of this site wouldnt alot of people become banned from live since Microsoft is against boosting as well as gamesaving?

At least thats the way I interpret what Ive read. They basically view both as the same thing and try to prevent either from going on. Again I could be 100 % wrong here but Ive always saw it that way.

To be honest, saying they don't care is a load of crap. If they didnt care, they would bother releasing them in the game. You're individual account may note be important to them, but then you can't expect them to individually investigate problems on all 10 million Xbox live score. ANd 25k points isn't a top of the leaderboard score or anything.

But to say they dont care about the system is wrong.

(And if this site was endorsed by MS, me writing the above would be considered "selling out" and brown nosing MS. We already get accused of that when someone doesnt like reviews).

It's a shame it has to be like that. But maybe someday in the future they will come to their senses. ;)

I don't think you are selling out, at all. I think you just haven't experienced what alot of others HAVE experienced. Just because it hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean it won't.

Despite that, I will meet you half way and agree that MS "pretends" to care. You're right..they wouldn't put achievements in the game if they didn't care one bit.

However, the only reason they pretend to care is because if people are addicted to getting achievements, they spend more money on more games and more Live to continue to obtain them. Achievements = money in their pocket. They could care less about your or my individual account, unless of course, you don't pay your monthly subscription.

Individual customer account score? They don't care. Period.

If you think thats a load of crap, I pity the day something happens to your account and the Xbox Representative tells you what they told me, "I don't care."

(An my 25,000 points, as miniscule as that may be to you, was very important to me. It took just under a year of gaming to reach that score.)

Edited by QueenFragger000

Well maybe im wrong on this one but if MS became a sponsor of this site wouldnt alot of people become banned from live since Microsoft is against boosting as well as gamesaving?

At least thats the way I interpret what Ive read. They basically view both as the same thing and try to prevent either from going on. Again I could be 100 % wrong here but Ive always saw it that way.

Microsoft is against boosting, but their definition of boosting is different. In the ToS, they define boosting as playing with someone who's using mods to increase your online rank. As far as getting into a match with a friend and getting achievements, they don't care.