delayed in US?

Purple Hooter

gamefly has had the 3rd as the release date for a while now.

if you live in the states just check their site for future reference on any games release date cause they're entire business is built around the actual publishers/distributors official dates as soon as possible so their customers can put them in their Q and they know how much to order based on demand.

rather than relying on a 3rd party speculation from the outside who have no financial interest in the matter, or the local stores database that might not even update that often.

Edited by eiVaL

I got a text message about an hour ago saying I could pick my copy up at GameStop tomorrow evening.

This isn't that surprising to me. This isn't a big budget game from a big budget studio. It reminds me of trying to get Tropico 3. GameStop didn't carry it for over A MONTH after release. Even when I preordered Tropico 4 they didn't get it in their store until 2 days after release. Some smaller studios just don't get any love from the video game retailers so their release dates don't actually coincide with the store. Go to your local GameStop and try to get Birds of Steel. Despite getting good reviews I would have passed 3 GameStops before I found a store that had it. Thank god for online ordering...

I was told by the person at gamestop that the game was held back until May 9th because the game was accidently given a Teen rating on the case instead of a Mature rating so they all had to be changed. Not 100% on this but I could see the company trying to avoid a lawsuit because of the error. But I did get the text that I could get my copy tomorrow so we will have to see.

Can anyone that has the game now confirm the case has a T rating and not a M rating like the person at gamestop told me? I was told that this was the whole reason for the delay.

It has an M rating on my cover. I can't imagine this game ever getting a T rating what with all the gory kill cams.

I went to Gamestop and they were all sold out, so I went to Walmart and Target, and both didn't have it -- I ended up having to drive pretty far to another Gamestop that had 4 copies left. There were 7 Gamestops really close to me and ALL were sold out. :[ Just glad I got the game, I am really enjoying it.

Both Walmart and Target didn't even have it in their inventory -- I heard many places thought it was supposed to be released on May 23rd, so some places didn't stock it yet.

Found this on their official site:

Sniper Elite V2

Hello all - first up let us say thank you for your great support so far. Just to clarify for everybody - the May 1st US date was the ‘ship’ date, so the date it shipped to stores. Many stores will have started receiving stock late yesterday or today. It's slightly different terminology to the 'street' date in Europe which is May 4th - which is the literal on shelf date. Many many apologies for the confusion here - but the good news is, that if you haven't got it already then you will be partaking in some awesome sniping action imminently! Thanks once again for all of your support.

Wednesday at 6:30am

Edited by SIMPLYMIDGET