Has this game Give you an insight as to what is really happening in iraq/afganistan

Actually it doesn't work that way, Most of the Intel we get is sh8ty one. Remember this game has timeline of 3 to 4 days while we are at war for 6 years now and we still didn't catch the real bad guys. Our soldiers don’t respawn every 30 sec there's real shortage. Also terrorist don’t have missile silos or any army dresses soldiers.

OK ??

Too much gaming for you I'm afraid!

yeah mate if a soldier dies in iraq itll get on the news rest assured. but the soldiers that lose a limb, there sight or something else are never gonna be mentioned because theres already controversy about the war in iraq any way the last thing the government want is the news telling us the whole story.

So i wouldnt bother posting if you dont know what youre on about.

---

First off, of course they don't tell you the whole story on tv, do you want to know why ? Terrorists have tv's too, duh duh duhhhhh. However, this game was made to be completely fictional. Video games are meant to be fun, not to give you a history lesson or to teach you how to conduct warfare ( even though the Civil War game tried and.... failed). I know you probably didn't mean it this way but that is exactly what Jack Thompson is pushing for, that video games corrupt your mind or views or free will.

Second, Mr Arrow, stop double posting, there is an edit button on your post.

And last time I checked, Oblivion does teach you about history ( of tamriel) and Halo does teach you about spartan training and space stations ..........

Second, Mr Arrow, stop double posting, there is an edit button on your post.

Sorry, my bad.

And Matty here's the way things in the US work...mate.

The US media spends every moment they can on how bad the war and it's effects are, but if the US military wanted to hide the truth why were there so many embedded reporters in Iraq?

The next question I leave to you to find the answer.

How many embedded reporters are on the ground in Iraq now and why did they all leave?

Real answers only please :)

I take your point yes arrow there are many embedded reporters in Iraq but how do you know that there allowed to enter hotspots. im not exactly saying there hiding the whole truth not at all but i know for a fact some of it is hidden from us.

I know this because i have two mates that have been working in the british army for two years so i think i know what goes on out there.

Besides were getting of the point i didnt talk about the American marines in my original post i said it taught me a lesson on to how the "SAS" work the breaching tactics and how a small party of men can get intel and get out if there without being seen. also in my post i said "i know this game has a fake plotline" even so ive got people who just read the topic and post random crap about oblivion and halo because they want to boost there posts.

---

---

Let me first ask the question how many of you have actually been over to Iraq or Afghanistan? Not your mates in the British Army or your cousin or a friend of a friend told you this or that. Who has stood on the desert sand of Iraq?

I make it a point to believe about 20% of what the media, be it American broadcasters or the BBC or especially the Internet 'reports'. Some is truth, most are stretches or what they want you to hear because of their agenda and yes every business has an agenda. Why would a news corporation be any different? The fact is we just can't know the whole truth, even if we hear it from a soldier or a marine or an Iraqi civilian or a reporter or a UN official. Because each person has a different point of view.

For instance, when you breach a building with the knowledge of hostiles inside your conduct is different then if you're just breaching to clear it. So a house has combatants inside and you frag a room before entering, but the room happened to have civilians inside. A soldier will tell you he was doing his job and followed SOP. What will a family member of the dead civilians think? What about a reporter from NBC news?

Nothing is easy or simple about war and to say the Army or government hides things from the general public, well yes, yes they do and from their point of view for a damn good reason. From a civilian's point of view not so much. It isn't good for business to allow photos of flag draped coffins on the news or to report about all the civilians dying because of miss information or accident. It's not good to report about fratricide. But from the Army and governments view it's in their interest to keep those types of things out of the public mind. Is it right or do I agree with it? No, absolutely not. I believe in the freedom of the press and that the truth is what it is, just the truth. To hide things from us does a great disservice to us and the constitution.

By the way happy Veterans Day (11 NOV). I say happy because I am happy and am thankful for the men and women who came before me to lay down their life for me, my family, and all that I love. Not just Americans, but all soldiers, sailors, and servicemen of all nations who fought for what is good and decent in this world, yes even the two Frenchmen.

I haven't played CoD4 yet, but I suspect it's a fun game with an interesting plot, but is it close to real life? I hear they have the M249 SAW in it, I love that weapon.