bitching thread

I did not see a bitching thread for this gears if one was made and I didn't see it then my bad.

Campaign is going to have to be awesome for the reviews to be so high. IMO survival sucks compared to horde and overrun isn't that great either. I'm assuming the normal multiplayer is about the same as past gears leaving the campaign which needs to be superb for that kinda review. So far I give it a 6.5/7.0

Edited by gimme a hell ya

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you been in hiding since the game was announced? It is ABOUT BAIRD AND HIS TEAM.

Yes I have cause I am not a big fan of Baird. I know its about Baird and his team. Thats why I been moaning since it was announced. Even my friends on my friends list sick of me moaning lol, but I know I will enjoy the game when I can afford it. Shame it comes out so close to Bioshock Infinite otherwise I would pick this up on day one.

So far my "top" grievances are:

- Glitchy headshot registrations:

I've gotten multiple hipfire Breechshot headshots where it looks like bullshit (even to me), and yet when I'm sure that I should've gotten a headshot... I don't. (Seems to happen more often against the Onyx Guards and Sofia.) Of course, I do take into account that it might just be some sort of lag since the game just launched and servers may not be at their prime yet! :D

- Survival:

I... just... what? Why Epic? o_o (WaidafuqareyusayingthatdisthingisHorde'ssuccesor?)

Despite the negative attitude I had before; I tried it, I decided to give it a chance... since I thought "Hey, maybe I'll be surprised." I played with a couple of friends on Hardcore, we beat it with a few chinks left of our generator- I've never experienced so much boredom or apathy while playing a Gears game. Ever.

I mean, I get the point of Overrun; I just don't see how it's supposed to be fun when you're forced on to the COG team and thrown boatloads of bots at you and your objective. At least Horde had the vanilla "survive at all costs" (ironic eh? lol) objective, where it didn't force you to hunker down anywhere or to a specific loadout. (Oh, and on the tougher difficulties... it's pretty hard to make any class but the Engineer viable- since the Sentry is pretty much the only thing that can kill hardened Locust.)

- The 4 maps problem:

Epic outdid themselves with the maps this time around, they're all very, very good in many different aspects like power weapon dispersion, verticality, and even the spawns for once! (In my opinion, they're at the top of the "Best Gears maps" with the likes of Blood Drive, War Machine, etc.) But then comes the sad reality... they'll get boring soon. x_x No matter how great they are. Sure, we're getting 2 more maps for free in a few weeks- but is that going to be enough for the circulation to feel a bit more ample? (And I'm assuming that both of the maps are for Standard Versus, not one for Overrun.)

Not much else I have on my mind that's negative about the game, I was pleasantly surprised for the most part. :p

The only complaint i have about this game is that IT'S TOO DAMN AWESOME!!!! Seriously people wake up. Where to begin, first of all, i'm glad they took out that stupid horde mode!! Good riddance! Next, i can FINALLY jump down ledges, also absolutely love the one execution. I've beat the game 2x, and i haven't slept since the game came out. I feel pain in my ribbs from not eating, but it's worth it. GOTFY!!! Now if you'll excuse me, i have to check into a hospital. :uzi:.....

Jk, this game sucks. - 1 out of 10

Edited by WestCoast Fury

So you didnt come to bitch about the game? You came in this thread to bitch about a bitching thread? Interesting development......

You always get one of those people that don't understand what a bitching thread is. They try to defend a game acting like your personally trying to attack them.

Anyhow I've been playing Judgment since yesterday and the funny thing is I had more fun replaying the original gears of war that came with this game then Judgment itself. Judgment has a very short campaign that will soon be forgotten by most who play it. The campaign is designed with replayability in mind instead of the story making the whole experience forgettable. The final boss battle without spoiling anything was extremely disappointing. Might be the worst in the series.

The MP is different for those who love the other Gears games this might not be your game. The removal of DBNO as well as the removal of carrying two primary weapons makes it feel more like a Call of Duty game with a cover system. Also having the Locust removed from traditional MP at times makes it very confusing on which team you’re playing on. Cog red Vs. Cog blue was something no one ask for and it wasn’t needed as there already was a good antagonist, the Locust. The maps are very well designed with many different flanking spots. On the other hand there are only four maps that ship with the game. Two more if you count the free maps that come out later next month. And you could always pay an extra $20 for another six maps that will come in the unforeseen future.

I haven't spent too much time playing overrun but from what I can tell Overrun might be the best game mode out of the whole package. It requires teamwork and skill to win the match. The best part about overrun is that fact that the kills/deaths are hidden. That should remove most of the people who hide in their own spawn trying to get a high kill/death instead of playing for the objective. There is also a little bit of a balance issue between the Cog and the Locust but I’m sure there will be a patch of two in the future.

Survival was a letdown that doesn't even remotely take hoards place. It can be a challenge to complete all 10 waves especially with randoms. Teamwork and a diverse team is the key to survival. Without those two key aspects you’re going to fail hard and you’re going to fail fast. Once you complete all 10 waves I don't really see any reasons to come back to it unless you’re going for the medals or achievements.

In my final opinion I would honestly wait for the price to go down before anyone who is still on the fence about GOW:J to pick it up. It’s an average game that is very toned down compared to all the others in the series. I give it a 6/10 as a fan who was disappointed with the games outcome.

Edited by quickhhh

I just downloaded the demo and played 5 games and damn is overrun boring.

It's a camping mode, something I have always hated. As Cog you really don't feel like your accomplishing anything which I know is the point but it just feels like a downer.

The controls feel clunky. After 3 games why change them at all. I don't understand the reasoning. the amount of times I tried to use tac com and threw a grenade or tried to change my weapon mid-battle. It's pointless change for pointless change. Also they fixed it so you can swap weapons while roadie running but pressing A and Y at the same time makes it useless again.

Gnasher as been nerfed again. 4th game in and they have tried to nerf it on every sequel.

Following Cole around waiting for ammo that never comes got old after the second time.

I'm so glad I can wait until it's cheaper.

The only complaint i have about this game is that IT'S TOO DAMN AWESOME!!!! Seriously people wake up. Where to begin, first of all, i'm glad they took out that stupid horde mode!! Good riddance! Next, i can FINALLY jump down ledges, also absolutely love the one execution. I've beat the game 2x, and i haven't slept since the game came out. I feel pain in my ribbs from not eating, but it's worth it. GOTFY!!! Now if you'll excuse me, i have to check into a hospital. :uzi:.....

Jk, this game sucks. - 1 out of 10

Just when I was about to post a hate reply on you, read the "this game sucks" part.

This game is overall bad.

Campaign - 7 (Too short, shitty boss battle)

MP - 4 (Maps suck, most gametypes suck, wtf with Survival)

OverRun is unbalanced. No one plays as medic or scout. Everybody picks either Engineer or Support and just spams with Booska and sentry guns. Grenadier grenade cooldown is too short. Grenade spam for the win...

Also, the sentry gun is OP as shit. Place 3-4 of them, and you're fucked if you're in their zone. Majority of players play Engineer, only because the Sentry gun is so OP.

Edited by KriugerisLT

The only problem i have is that some of the Declassified missions are freakin' annoying on insane. Especially the one right after you shoot a giant bomb at "someone".

Besides that i'm okay with the changes, gotten use to em already

Edited by CASCADEYOUTH

I bought Halo 4 about 2 weeks ago and I dont see any difference between that and Gears of War:Judgment multiplayer. Red vs Blue, huge maps, everybody got sticky frags (that you can't plant anymore) and only 1 main weapon and a sidearm. Ok Epic I see what you're trying to doing. You're telling me I gotta play Gears like Halo...Fuck You...If I wanted to play halo, I would play halo. I didn't spend $60 so I can play a game I just bought. And why did they fuck up the gnasher? Too many times I'm shooting dudes up close and they are not dying, I keep hearing the spawn protection sound from Gears 3 then they kill me. Shit like that fucks with me...They need a patch for this shit ASAP!!!

Just played the Demo, feels fine, getting used to it.

Balancing seems sometimes okay, sometimes way off.

Ever meet a Team full of Wrechtes? A Team of Tickers? A Team of Engineers?

As in every Team based game there is a class that is way overpowered, and that would be the Engineer. Repais barriers, Shotgun, Sentry...

And what is wrong with some Locust? The Mauler is just ridiculus. Shield is bulletproof, even for Sentries and Troikas. Receive too much damage? Just spin your shield and blast their bullets back to them. And what about the locusts healing abillity? Makes the use of Kantus pointless...

So yeah, exept the Locusts are way off the Balance, I Overrun is mostly fun, if you and your Team work well together. The Trick is, that every Class has to stay in their role. I've seen too much Bairds who go apeshit with their Gnasher and totally forgot about the Barriers. This is not Team Deathmatch, you know?

"Best Gears maps" with the likes of Blood Drive, War Machine, etc.)

Wait... WHAT !!!!!??? War Machine yes, Blood Drive hell no !!! One, if not the worst map of the Gow franchise.... damn camping festival with only one road to go up the stairs(the backdoor only lead to the middle)

But for the rest i agree the new maps are awesome, but after a while 4 aint too much, if you say at least they will bring 2 more very soon, thats that...

As for the rest, don't see myself bitching much for anything really... its a good game.

Its not a bad game, but by gears standards its pretty boring. I'm finding myself quite apathetic to play at all already, while I have had a lot of fun in overrun, it loses its fun after a while. Epic should be ashamed of all this microtransaction crap but oh well... Could go into depth but at the end of the day the games just lacking. Campaign is especially boring, small fight after small fight.