Achievement Guide & Roadmap

BiggD

Rights of Use:

This guide is for the use of XBA only and may not be used without the consent of the author (BiggD) or Website Admin.

Overview

- Estimated Difficulty: 3/10

- Offline: 10/10 (250:gsicon:)

- Online: 0/10 (0:gsicon:)

- Approximate time to 250:gsicon:: 3-5 Hours

- Glitched achievements: Paint the Town Red (See Below)

- Missable achievements: Come Out of the Cold (See Below)

- Cost of DLC: $9.99 OR Free w/ Season Pass

Introduction:

We return to Gotham for one last time in Arkham Origins. The Cold, Cold Heart DLC begins swiftly with Bruce Wayne holding the Wayne Humanitarian Award gathering. The awards and hand-shaking are cut short however, when Victor Fries (Mr. Freeze) storms the party and kidnaps the CEO of GothCorp, Ferris Boyle. Set out in Southern Gotham across the Coventry and Diamond Districts as Batman faces off against the chaos created by Mr. Freeze and is faced with the struggle of uncovering the harsh realities behind both the villain and the victim. Keep in mind there are a total of ten achievements tied to this DLC as well. The list will task you with completing the storyline, finding twelve more Activist tags around Gotham and a handful of other simple, yet unique miscellaneous tasks.

Abbreviated Walkthrough:

A single playthrough of the DLC is all that is necessary in order to obtain all ten achievements. You will naturally earn the three story-related achievements as you progress through the game. These are Let it Snow, Drilling for Justice, and For Auld Lang Syne. Your first achievement will come very early on before any of those, however. During the beginning sequence of the story, you will be playing as Bruce Wayne inside Wayne Manor and in order to unlock Master Wayne, you will need to clear the hallway fight, library predator room, and wine cellar assault without taking any damage. If you do get hit however, you can always restart your checkpoint. After retrieving your suit inside the Batcave, but before leaving Wayne Manor, make sure to grab Snowjob during the the Ballroom fight.

Once you arrive in Gotham, you can begin working on Down with the Revolution by clearing the first three thug operations in the city. The final thug operation becomes available after a few missions are completed. Then, once you retrieve the XE Suit, make sure to grab Stalact-tactician while inside the My Alibi nightclub. When you approach the end of the DLC and have returned to the GothCorp building with the XE Suit, be sure to plan out tactics for Come Out of the Cold. For this achievement, you will need to perform three ice wall takedowns. Two can be performed in the Organics Research Lab, while the third can be done during the final boss fight.

Lastly, you can work on Paint the Town Red at any time during the story. Like the main game, this achievement will require you to track down twelve Activist tags around both districts and scan them while in detective vision mode. In order to unlock Breaking the Ice, you will need to save a total of 20 police officers that are trapped in cryogenic stasis. The police officers are scattered between both districts, the My Alibi nightclub, and the GothCorp building. Do take note that you will first need the XE Suit in order work on this achievement.

Conclusion:

Overall, the Cold, Cold Heart DLC is a fantastic finish to Arkham Origins. The gameplay is smooth and familiar, allowing long-time fans to hop right back into Gotham as they unravel the origins story of Mr. Freeze. New features such as the cryogenic weaponry and the XE suit add small levels of innovation to the game. The achievement list is quite easy as well. At least half of them will be obtained naturally as you proceed though the storyline, while a few others will require a little more attention and planning. For a $10 price tag, it is highly recommended to give this DLC a shot. You’ll be sure to enjoy it!

Edited by BiggD

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2664/57.jpg Paint the Town Red 30:gsicon:

Find all Activist tags

The Activist tag collectibles return in this DLC. Scattered about the Coventry and Diamond Districts, there are a total of 12 Activist tags that must be found and scanned using your detective vision (:lbbut:).

Unlike other "collectible-related" achievements in this DLC, they do not appear on your world map. Therefore, you will need to either follow the video below, or have your detective vision on while gliding around Gotham. The latter option is rather insipid, so following the video is your best choice in getting this achievement done quickly.

NOTE: Some players have reported that the 12th Activist tag in the video becomes unobtainable post-game due to a glitch where the garage door will not be open. While some reports have stated that restarting your game from the last checkpoint (via the pause menu) fixes the glitched door, it is best to just get these collectibles done before returning to GothCorp with the Cryodrill.

Regardless, once all 12 Activist tags have been scanned, the achievement will finally unlock.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQqkxHCd1BU]Cold, Cold Heart DLC - Paint the Town Red Trophy/Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2664/53.jpg Master Wayne 30:gsicon:

Take no damage when playing as Bruce Wayne

The very first section of the game has you playing as Bruce Wayne for a short time. After the introductory cutscene, you will come into a hallway with four enemies. You will automatically take one out through a short QTE by pressing the :ybut: button. The other three guards can be dispatched very easily. At this point in the game, you should be comfortable and proficient with the combat system.

The next section is the library and it houses four enemies as well. The first guard can be taken out with a quick silent knockout by tapping the :ybut: button while positioned behind him. Then, the next two guards are just ahead on a raised platform in the center of the room. Inch up behind them to perform a double takedown. The last guard is at the end of the room directly in front of you. If you wait long enough behind some cover, he will eventually move away from the door. Close in on him and knockout him out in order to proceed into the Wine Cellar through the door he was guarding.

After moving down the hallway and into the Wine Cellar, climb the ladder to your left and get on top of the wooden rafters. From here, you can pounce attack any of the guards below by pressing :xbut: when the blue bat symbol appears over their head. There are a total of five enemies in this area that must be taken out.

Once this last batch of enemies is no longer threat, proceed into the Tasting Room and into the secret tunnels via the statue. Once you arrive into the Batcave, approach the suit chamber and interact with the console. The achievement will unlock during the ensuing cutscene if you have successfully not taken any damage while playing as Bruce Wayne.

NOTE: If at any time, while playing as Bruce, you get hit, you can reload the checkpoint and this will not void the achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2664/54.jpg Let it Snow 20:gsicon:

Receive the Extreme Environment Suit (XE Suit)

Story-related, cannot be missed.

You will eventually be tasked with visiting the "My Alibi" nightclub after a brief encounter with the Penguin and Mr. Freeze inside GothCorp. Once you arrive at the club, defeat all the goons outside and then Alfred will deliver the XE Suit via a Batwing drop. After you equip the suit, the achievement will unlock.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2664/55.jpg Drilling for Justice 20:gsicon:

Assemble the cryonucleation tunneller - the cyodrill

This achievement will unlock after you retrieve both parts to the Cryodrill. The first piece is located in the Coventry district on a rooftop that is infested with a group of armed guards. The second piece of the Cryodrill is located in the garage of the hotel in the bottom right corner of the Diamond District. Once both parts are retrieved, the achievement will unlock right away.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2664/56.jpg For Auld Lang Syne 40:gsicon:

Stop Freeze and bring Boyle to justice

This achievement will unlock after the lengthly, yet satisfying boss fight against Mr. Freeze inside the heart of GothCorp.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2664/58.jpg Breaking the Ice 25:gsicon:

Free all the civilians frozen in cryogenic ice

There are a total of 20 civilians that must be saved from their cryogenic entrapment. Do take note however, that you will not be able to break the ice that surrounds them until you have retrieved the XE Suit later on in the story.

Thus, if you see any civilians trapped in ice before getting your new suit, be sure to approach them. Getting close enough will mark the civilian's location on your world map with a small, frozen head symbol. Batman's detective vision also picks up the civilians from very far away, so gliding around Gotham with your detective vision active will help you spot them.

Once you have retrieved the XE Suit, you can return to all of the civilians and free them by breaking the ice with the Suit's thermal-heated gloves. Remember, you can track your progress for this achievement by referring to the Collectibles Progress Bar on the bottom left of the world map. Likewise, the breakdown of each civilian's location is as follows:

• My Alibi- 3
  • GothCorp - 7
  • Coventry - 6
  • Diamond District - 4

Additionally, you can use the video below as an aid in tracking down all 20 civilians.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syshvjO9KMg]Cold, Cold Heart - Breaking the Ice Trophy/Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by BiggD

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2664/59.jpg Down with the Revolution 25:gsicon:

Stop Anarky thug operations in South Gotham

There are a total of 4 thug operations that must be stopped throughout Southern Gotham. They will appear as small “Batarang” symbols on your world map once they become available.

The first 3 thug operations are located right in the Coventry district. This is the first district you arrive in after leaving Wayne Manor, so it’s best to get these done right away. All that is required is to reach the area and defeat the goons. One of these operations does have a bomb that must be defused, however, so be ready to disarm it. The final thug operation is located in the Diamond District, but will not become available until after you have retrieved the XE Suit.

Either way, the last operation will require you to hack an Anarky transmission with your Sequencer and then find an active bomb hidden within the district. The bomb is located on the top of the “Soder Cola” building. After you defuse this bomb, you will unlock the achievement and also unlock the quickfire thermal batarang technique.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2664/60.jpg Snowjob 20:gsicon:

Get 3 enemies frozen in one attack

After re-entering the Ballroom inside Wayne Manor, you will notice there are two goons wielding cryogenic weaponry and a handful of standard goons around the center of the room. Drop down into the middle of the group and start jumping over their heads. Since the cryogenic wielding goons are at the far ends of the room, they will sweep their weapons side to side in an attempt to hit you as you jump over enemy heads. Surely enough, in the process of trying to hit you, they will freeze three to four of their allies and thus, the achievement will unlock. You can follow the video below for further guidance if necessary.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSMzvBGuN-c]Cold, Cold Heart - Snowjob Trophy/Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2664/61.jpg Stalact-tactician 20:gsicon:

Takedown 2 enemies with one stalactite

The earliest you can get this achievement is right after receiving the XE Suit. When you enter My Alibi, proceed down the steps and into the wrapping hallway until you get to the railing that overlooks the main floor. Batman will spot a large icicle on the ceiling and mention the use of the thermal-charged batarangs.

Equip this new gadget by pressing :ddown: and aim it at the icicle. Once it is fully charged, throw it at the icicle. Since there are already two enemies underneath the stalactite, they will be immediately knocked out once it falls on them, thus unlocking the achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2664/62.jpg Come Out of the Cold 20:gsicon:

Perform 3 ice wall takedowns

The earliest you can begin working on this achievement is when you revisit the GothCorp building with the XE Suit. At this time, your mission objective will read, "Use the Cryodrill on the ice barrier in the propellant lab." Once you enter the Organics Research Lab inside the GothCorp building, disable both of the switches inside the greenhouses and then hack the control pad in the center of the room to clear the cryovapor. After doing this, a group of about five armed goons will storm the room.

Now, on the bottom floor of this room, you will notice through your detective vision that there are two "ice walls," which are very similar to the "weakened wooden walls" from the main game. You're going to need to break the ice on one of the vents on the bottom floor to get behind the ice walls. Once you're in position, just wait unit a henchman walks near the wall, then tap :ybut: to perform an ice wall takedown. Make sure to get two ice wall takedowns done in this room. Throwing a sonic batarang in front of an ice wall will help lure the goons in as well.

As for the final takedown, you can perform it upon Mr. Freeze during the last fight of the DLC. This room has plenty of ice walls to utilize. Once you have successfully performed three ice wall takedowns, the achievement will unlock.

NOTE: This achievement is essentially missable if you do not perform the three ice wall takedowns between the Organics Research Lab and the final room with Mr. Freeze. There are no ice walls around Souther Gotham post-game to get this achievement done.

Edited by BiggD

Thus, if you see any civilians trapped in ice before getting your new suit, be sure to approach them and tap :abut: to analyze their situation. This will mark the civilian's location on your world map with a small “Batman” symbol.

Just a minor correction on this. It's not a Batman symbol, but a little frozen person, which matches the one used on the collectibles counter.

Just a minor correction on this. It's not a Batman symbol, but a little frozen person, which matches the one used on the collectibles counter.

Also, you don't technically need to press :abut:. I did that initially with the very first two I found, but then I realized all you need to do is get close enough to them (although the distance seemed to vary) and the game will autosave, at which point the icon is added to the map.

Two things on the Paint The Town Red achievement:

You don't need to restart your Xbox, just the game itself. I had to check and see if I got that tag already or not, so I revisited the location and saw that the garage door was shut. So I did a quick restart of my game (not making it into a new game, just restarting from the last time it saved), went back there, and saw that the garage door was open. It cannot be missed out on at all.

Second, you should update this by letting people know that even if all the tags are found, the achievement may or may not unlock. I found the last Anarky tag in a tunnel that was led by railroad tracks and when I scanned it, it said 12/12 activist tags found, but the achievement DID NOT unlock. So I'm not sure if it's a glitch or how it can be fixed. I suppose having to start a new game all over again and getting them might do the trick.

That's good to hear. I like all of the Arkham games and it's good to see they went out on a high note. At least as far as last gen is concerned.

Very true. In terms of current gen (Xbox One/PS4) Arkham Knight is going to end 2014 with bang.

Also, you don't technically need to press :abut:. I did that initially with the very first two I found, but then I realized all you need to do is get close enough to them (although the distance seemed to vary) and the game will autosave, at which point the icon is added to the map.

Silly mistake on my part with the icon. Will fix that now as well as the thing about tapping :abut: to get them on your map. Thanks, guys.

Two things on the Paint The Town Red achievement:

You don't need to restart your Xbox, just the game itself. I had to check and see if I got that tag already or not, so I revisited the location and saw that the garage door was shut. So I did a quick restart of my game (not making it into a new game, just restarting from the last time it saved), went back there, and saw that the garage door was open. It cannot be missed out on at all.

Second, you should update this by letting people know that even if all the tags are found, the achievement may or may not unlock. I found the last Anarky tag in a tunnel that was led by railroad tracks and when I scanned it, it said 12/12 activist tags found, but the achievement DID NOT unlock. So I'm not sure if it's a glitch or how it can be fixed. I suppose having to start a new game all over again and getting them might do the trick.

Will fix that now, thanks.

Some other guy said the SAME thing happen to his 20 freed civilians achievement. He freed all 20 but didn't get the achievement. I'll try to look into that as it might be effecting multiple achievements.

Just a quick update, but I mustered the courage to start a new game, found all eleven tags except for the final one at the garage. Then I got the XE suit, followed the story to the second item needed, destroyed the baddies, and then finally scanned the last tag. The achievement DID unlock, so I'm thinking you need to get all the tags DURING the story and not AFTER you completed it.

If I recall, I got the rest of the frozen victims AFTER the game completed and the achievement for Breaking The Ice DID unlock. But to be on the safe side, I would also recommend working on the frozen victims the moment you get the XE suit. Get them all in Coventry and the Diamond Distrct before stepping into Gothcorps and freeing the rest of the victims for the achievement. That's my best advice!

Finally, I want to add one more thing, but for the Master Wayne achievement.

Someone else can confirm this for me, but I have personally gotten hit during the first battle and decided to restart my checkpoint. Once it loaded up, I didn't get hit in the first battle, nor in the predator scenario in the library, and then finally near the entrance to the wine cellar. Once I put on his Batsuit in the Bat Cave, the achievement unlocked, so it is indeed possible to restart your checkpoint if you get hit and just try again!

Awesome guide as always. Thanks for the videos too.

Thanks, man. Enjoy the DLC!

Just a quick update, but I mustered the courage to start a new game, found all eleven tags except for the final one at the garage. Then I got the XE suit, followed the story to the second item needed, destroyed the baddies, and then finally scanned the last tag. The achievement DID unlock, so I'm thinking you need to get all the tags DURING the story and not AFTER you completed it.

If I recall, I got the rest of the frozen victims AFTER the game completed and the achievement for Breaking The Ice DID unlock. But to be on the safe side, I would also recommend working on the frozen victims the moment you get the XE suit. Get them all in Coventry and the Diamond Distrct before stepping into Gothcorps and freeing the rest of the victims for the achievement. That's my best advice!

So Tags during story, then? I'll keep this in mind and wait to see if I need to add this into the guide.

Weird. For the other achievement, I had 19/20 post-game and got the last frozen civilian after completing the story. The achievement unlocked no problem. I think the DLC might but be a tad glitchy but I'll keep my eyes peeled for more talk about glitched achievements so that I can update the guide accordingly!

Finally, I want to add one more thing, but for the Master Wayne achievement.

Someone else can confirm this for me, but I have personally gotten hit during the first battle and decided to restart my checkpoint. Once it loaded up, I didn't get hit in the first battle, nor in the predator scenario in the library, and then finally near the entrance to the wine cellar. Once I put on his Batsuit in the Bat Cave, the achievement unlocked, so it is indeed possible to restart your checkpoint if you get hit and just try again!

A friend actually told me this last night as well. Thanks for the confirmation, I forgot to add it in so I'll put it in now!

I'd suggest putting Come Out of the Cold achievement as missable since you can't obtain it once the story is complete.

Not sure about Snowjob but Stalact-tactician you can get in a few places after the story ends around the streets.

I'd suggest putting Come Out of the Cold achievement as missable since you can't obtain it once the story is complete.

Not sure about Snowjob but Stalact-tactician you can get in a few places after the story ends around the streets.

True thoughts about the first achievement. I'll make note of that.

The other two cant definitely be done on the streets post-game.

True thoughts about the first achievement. I'll make note of that.

The other two cant definitely be done on the streets post-game.

What do you mean by 'can't definitely'? are you saying they can or cant be in the streets? I missed the area in the guide to get stalact-tactician. If its possible to get it somewhere else do you know?

I'm pretty sure he meant "can be done" as there are a few places post-game where you can obtain the achievement.

Just fly over districts with your detective mode on and look for those glowy crosshairs on the ground. If there are no goons under it, find some nearby enemies, start a fight and drag them there.

Hope this helps.

I tried the Stalact-tactician achievement where the guide recommended but the icicle would only knock out one guard. The other one would just get stunned. (He was standing just outside the cross-hairs in my game.) I tried about 5 times and always got the same result.

I finally managed to do it by using Deathstroke's tether gun. I attached the two guards together then quickly switched to the batarang and hit the icicle. Achievement popped!

Just a quick tip for anybody else having trouble with this.

I meant "can definitely be done post-game." Sorry about that confusion.

I tried the Stalact-tactician achievement where the guide recommended but the icicle would only knock out one guard. The other one would just get stunned. (He was standing just outside the cross-hairs in my game.) I tried about 5 times and always got the same result.

I finally managed to do it by using Deathstroke's tether gun. I attached the two guards together then quickly switched to the batarang and hit the icicle. Achievement popped!

Just a quick tip for anybody else having trouble with this.

Really? You threw it right away? The videos I have watched on this achievement have all done it there without trouble. I'll try adding some more locations of info on it just in case.

Really? You threw it right away? The videos I have watched on this achievement have all done it there without trouble. I'll try adding some more locations of info on it just in case.

Yeah. Tried it a few different ways. I tried hurrying and doing it quick. I tried waiting a few seconds to "charge up" the batarang. I even waited a few minutes for one of the goons to walk under it. Same result every time. The indicator on the left even showed two targets in range...but the guy on the far left would only get stunned.

In the end I had to tether them together. Could still be that I was doing something wrong or making it more complicated than it needed to be. But the tether gun thing worked so...just throwing that out there in case anybody else was having trouble with it.

Edited by thebat7