No look inversion???

I just downloaded this and found that there is no setting for look inversion. Does anyone know if they're going to have a patch for this. I've heard really good things about this game, but I really hate having to fight myself with the controller.

Yeah this shit bugged me too since I'm ALWAYS playing games with inverted Y-AXIS but I had to make a exception here. Besides it's not so bad in this game. The scenes are short and you get used to it for the sake of this game.

If they patch this it'd be cool but I doubt that.

Thanks Blaze. I won't even pick up a game that I know I can't invert. For me it's like writing left handed; it can be done, but it takes longer and usually ends up looking like shit. I'll give this one a shot when I get home. I haven't come across this in a while and took it for granted.

Thanks Blaze. I won't even pick up a game that I know I can't invert. For me it's like writing left handed; it can be done, but it takes longer and usually ends up looking like shit. I'll give this one a shot when I get home. I haven't come across this in a while and took it for granted.

NP, you won't regret it. If you are a fan of zombie games at all, it's a must have title in your gamer list and that comes from a INVERTED Y-AXIS VETERAN. :D ;)

I always wonder if it was a certain game that makes people like inverted better.

I get the whole thing that inverted is like using your head and regular is like using your eyes and i can adjust to both but i would never choose inverted when i have a choice.

I always wonder if it was a certain game that makes people like inverted better.

I get the whole thing that inverted is like using your head and regular is like using your eyes and i can adjust to both but i would never choose inverted when i have a choice.

I don't know where it comes from honestly. I originally thought it was because I learned how to fly a plane in my early teens. When you push the yoke forward in a plane it dives. So a few years later when I first picked up a joy stick I started playing games the same way. When I push the stick forward I want to look down. It just feels natural. I found out my theory didn't hold much water when my kids became old enough to start playing games themselves. None of them learned how to fly, but one of them plays all his games inverted the same way as I do. Seems to me now that it's the same thing as the difference between left and right handed people. Some are lefties and some aren't.

Again I want to thank you Blaze. Even though I ran into trouble on certain points, the game was well worth it. Hopefully we'll get a patch, but if we don't I'll still pick up and play the other episodes when they come out.

• 7 months later...

No inverted = no buy for me.

If the developers can't be arsed to cater for the large proportion of gamers who use inverted controls then I can't be arsed to part with any dosh. With a backlog of over 30 games then I've got plenty of other material to fill my time.

• 3 weeks later...

Came into this thread hoping someone would have a solution for inverting, but apparently not :( guess I'm just going to have to get used to it.

For me inverting comes from decades of PC flight sims giving me that muscle memory, I even run the mouse wheels on computers that way (drives people mad when they borrow my machine at work).

• 2 months later...

First of all... no one hates "non-inverted" more than me! That is why I own a 360 controller that has an invert switch to "force" the setting for games that won't support it.

That said... the "look inversion" for this game is NOT the same as a typical first-person shooter/game. For the most part, what you're dealing with is the movement of the cursor around the screen. It does bother me that it can't be inverted (and I can just plug-in that special controller to remedy that)... but what bugs the hell out of me, is that you can't swap thumbsticks!

What idiot programmer decided it was a good idea to have to move the cursor around the screen AND mash the appropriate button at the same time - with the same hand?! They can stop trying for absolute idiocy: There are no other contenders!!!

The moving around in the game is clumsy, at best... so THAT should have been done with the right thumbstick, not the left. I suppose I'll have to look for a controller that has thumbstick swapping ability - in addition to look inversion (and find that idiot programmer and bitch-slap him)! :mad: