I would like to see some separation from the legit players and the modding community

InfamousTruth

As stated in the title.

I love this game, I hope modders will start separating themselves for the legit community.

Modded items and duping ruins the game for the legit fans and players.

Do me a favor if you see my name posted on the forums looking to trade, don't Xbox message me that you're duping items for MS points.

The amount of cheating in games now-a-days is sickening.

/rant

As stated in the title.

I love this game, I hope modders will start separating themselves for the legit community.

Do me a favor if you see my name posted on the forums looking to trade, don't Xbox message me that you're duping items for MS points.

/rant

Lol I agree. It takes the fun out of this and any game.

I have not come in contact with any "dupers " yet as I have been playing solo so far. I will play with friends once I'm done with my play through I'm on. This is why I don't play any looting style games with randoms.

It's really easy to dupe in any xbox game in which you trade, because of how the developers have no control over how the player can go to dashboard without saving at any time. The real division between mods/dupers is between PC and xbox. Can't get away with it on bnet.

They could of had it auto-save once you drop anything or trade.

They could of had it auto-save once you drop anything or trade.

It wouldn't matter. As long as saves are stored locally, nothing can be done to prevent abuse.

There are only two realistic options:

1) You must always be online to play. Saves are kept on the game's servers and "cheating" is very difficult. This is how the PC version works.

2) Saves are kept locally and, as a result, anything goes. This is how the console version works.

There will never be an "online only" version for the console. If you truly want a completely legit console experience, then it's up to you to find other likeminded people to play with and avoid public games.

Play on PC and you won't have to worry about either. In fact, you should trade me. I have an extra copy for PC ;) couldn't wait for my collector's edition to come in, so I ended up with 2

I bought the CE on PC day one. I believe I have 70 hours played on my monk, solo'd all four difficulties.

I enjoy the console version more because there is no auction house, so you have to actually craft gear or use what you find. It's been a much more enjoyable game this time around.

My rant was mainly do to people sending me MS messages about doping when I posted about trading items. I dislike seeing people post modded weapons and trying to pass them off as legit.

/rant 2

lol at anyone who would charge/pay ms points for duping items....its free, keep it that way. I also agree that duping is stupid and happily trade/buy with gold items.....also I can easily run inferno master 1 by myself with items I've found and have done master 5 with friends that sent modders so I wouldn't say 99% are, maybe they've just had better drops than you have

lol at anyone who would charge/pay ms points for duping items....its free, keep it that way. I also agree that duping is stupid and happily trade/buy with gold items.....also I can easily run inferno master 1 by myself with items I've found and have done master 5 with friends that sent modders so I wouldn't say 99% are, maybe they've just had better drops than you have

I had someone that wanted to pay me through paypal just to dupe some of my items. I don't get people sometimes.

As stated in the title.

/rant

Not that im a modder but I have dupped weapons charging to dupe is totally wrong! but my question is how does it affect your game? its 4 player co-op...turn on invite or friends only or play by yourself.. plus this game will be forgotten in 24 hours when we all pick -up GTA.

On PC people pay hundreds of dollars for items, but either way. I would never, I think it's a ridiculous thing to do. I'm indifferent about duping though.

Some people just want to be the best. In 40 hours of playing this game on the console, I've already matched what my 1500+ hour character on the PC can do. This involves no trading whatsoever. The drops on the console are just that good.

I swear, with some of what's dropped, if this was on the PC (with it's current drop rate), I could quit my job and play Diablo 3 full time with how some of this stuff is priced on the PC.

I just don't understand cheaters. First, they mod their stats to have perfect stats. And then they used hack gear. Their DPS is in the millions. Why? You're not going to find better gear than your hacked gear. The game will probably be too easy even on Master V. Diablo is a loot grind game, and they've pretty much made that purposeless. It's not like gear's that hard to find playing legitimately either. Every 5-10 runs I typically find an upgrade to my already powerful monk.

I just don't understand cheaters. First, they mod their stats to have perfect stats. And then they used hack gear. Their DPS is in the millions. Why? You're not going to find better gear than your hacked gear. The game will probably be too easy even on Master V. Diablo is a loot grind game, and they've pretty much made that purposeless. It's not like gear's that hard to find playing legitimately either. Every 5-10 runs I typically find an upgrade to my already powerful monk.

There is only one way to deal with them, and that's not to allow access to our saves. Require online connection and the saves need to be on their servers instead of our consoles. Hopefully that ends up happening in the future. Lots don't agree with it but I am fine with it, I've never had issues with online only games. The occasional interuption of service but it keeps the game clean and fair and not full of pathetic cheaters.

I agree with you about the gear, the gear drops are so good in the console version, I spent a month with the pc version and could barely make progress on Inferno when the game first launched. Now... I'm around 300k dps with my Wizard and still continuously finding new and better gear. Quite the improvement over the pc version imo.

There is only one way to deal with them, and that's not to allow access to our saves. Require online connection and the saves need to be on their servers instead of our consoles. Hopefully that ends up happening in the future. Lots don't agree with it but I am fine with it, I've never had issues with online only games. The occasional interuption of service but it keeps the game clean and fair and not full of pathetic cheaters.

I agree with you about the gear, the gear drops are so good in the console version, I spent a month with the pc version and could barely make progress on Inferno when the game first launched. Now... I'm around 300k dps with my Wizard and still continuously finding new and better gear. Quite the improvement over the pc version imo.

While I don't agree with keeping saves online only, I do agree that modded items don't belong.

I don't have a problem with duplicating in-game legitimate items, but items made or brought in by outside means are different. I think Borderlands 2 recently got a patch which made it so that any modified items (black items) will be removed if they are detected anywhere on your save.

Games should do this, not remove the ability for end users to control their save files and basically prevent the legit players (non-modders) from making a harmless back up file.

While I don't agree with keeping saves online only, I do agree that modded items don't belong.

I don't have a problem with duplicating in-game legitimate items, but items made or brought in by outside means are different. I think Borderlands 2 recently got a patch which made it so that any modified items (black items) will be removed if they are detected anywhere on your save.

Games should do this, not remove the ability for end users to control their save files and basically prevent the legit players (non-modders) from making a harmless back up file.

duping is a form of modding. You're using an exploit to duplicate items that are not meant to be.