Open tray touch sensor

TheOceanHasEyes

Never had this problem. How close is she to the console when it opens? My tray wont open unless physical contact is made to the sensor.

I don't know how close she is, but when she puts stuff on top of it and goes to pick it up.. "DING." Guess I shouldn't let her put stuff on it. And toddlers are like, "Hey what's this green light do? I'm just gonna hover my finger over it..."

Lol! My kids used to do exactly the same! I eventually stood the xbox up behind the tv to get them to stop.

Haha, yeah I moved it up on top of a dresser, if she can get it now, I WILL BE AMAZED.

never had a problem with it, but thats probably cause theres nobody else here and i sit about 2 metres away from it...

Aaahhh, that sounds incredibly nice.

My daughter (9 months old) just loves the home button on the controller. If she gets a hold of it, the first thing she does is turn the xbox on. Ooooh Pretty Green Lights!!

Hahah, yeah they seem to like the green lights! If I am holding the one that is on, she will go for it. I give her one with no batteries, she will throw it. Just wants the lights. xP

Yes, I've had a similar problem...

Was playing halo 4 I was right near the end of the mission, and my girlfriend walked past it and it opened...

Its annoying but, I got a case for the Xbox slim, calibur 2 it is called, it's fantastic and stops people touching the button only I can now!

Also it's not exactly far away she's going past it, she can just brush it with a shirt while going past and it'll turn on.

When I clean, I use a duster, even that turns it on.

It appears to be touch sensitive to anything...not just us.

Edited by Akuza

I really like that feature with the Slim. I never had a problem with it opening thst easy.

True story:

First time I had open that tray to the Xbox, I didn't know what side to put the disc on. Let just say I thought I had to hold the disc to close the tray but luckily the disc fell before I could close the tray.

Anyone actually like this feature on the Xbox slim, or the touch sensor for that matter?

Yes.

For the last week my girlfriend would walk past it and it would open. It did it while I was saving once D:< Anyone have/had problems with that?

No.

I don't know how close she is, but when she puts stuff on top of it and goes to pick it up.. "DING." Guess I shouldn't let her put stuff on it. And toddlers are like, "Hey what's this green light do? I'm just gonna hover my finger over it..."

and people wonder why xboxs break... :eek: :confused:

Edited by H2O

• 2 weeks later...
If I walked in front of the TV with someone playing on purpose I'd expect a lot more than a shoe.

Respect starts with asking if they're at a point if you can run across.

Yes I agree with you, I don't like to annoy people.

And I know how games are so important to a gamer.